U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-22-2011, 12:57 PM
 
3,513 posts, read 3,111,206 times
Reputation: 1357

Advertisements

Ga. immigrant crackdown backfires - Reid J. Epstein - POLITICO.com

what do you know, white people dont want jobs that the mexicans and guatamelans had, even when they dont have a job.

i laughed at the convicts and probationers saying **** it and walking off after 30 minutes.

11,080 farm positions are open right now in georgia and these owners would go bankrupt if it wasnt for illegal immigrants working in the fields, because whites wont do that type of work, even if they are unemployed.

btw, im not in favor of illegal immigration.

its interesting though how people say all these jobs will open up, and they'll be scooped up quick because americans will do the jobs illegals do.

well thats not the case.

the sense of entitlement, especially upon whites, that i'm too good for this job, it doesn't make enough for me, even when they are unemployed, and parents who will let them sit at home all day and do nothing, is why this country continues to spiral around the toilet.

every person on unemployment in georgia should be out in the field working, period.

 
Old 06-22-2011, 01:41 PM
 
Location: #
9,605 posts, read 14,273,941 times
Reputation: 6259
This should be of no surprise to anyone. Georgia is a Republican state. Too many Republicans tend to operate with the machete as opposed to the scalpel. Republicans want to send all illegals home yet they were the ones who encouraged them to come here in the first place.

I am a former bilingual teacher who is married to a Mexican-American. I deal with the Hispanic community at large on a day to day basis. Many of the people I see, including my wife, are conservatives that absolutely refuse to vote Republican because of the way Republicans are handling the immigration issue.

So, in short, not only are Republicans alienating a large voting bloc, they are destroying businesses with these policies. This is what happens when you treat people like servants as opposed to workers and people. More and more people are waking up to this fact every day.
 
Old 06-22-2011, 01:53 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
Ga. immigrant crackdown backfires - Reid J. Epstein - POLITICO.com

what do you know, white people dont want jobs that the mexicans and guatamelans had, even when they dont have a job.

i laughed at the convicts and probationers saying **** it and walking off after 30 minutes.

11,080 farm positions are open right now in georgia and these owners would go bankrupt if it wasnt for illegal immigrants working in the fields, because whites wont do that type of work, even if they are unemployed.

btw, im not in favor of illegal immigration.

its interesting though how people say all these jobs will open up, and they'll be scooped up quick because americans will do the jobs illegals do.

well thats not the case.

the sense of entitlement, especially upon whites, that i'm too good for this job, it doesn't make enough for me, even when they are unemployed, and parents who will let them sit at home all day and do nothing, is why this country continues to spiral around the toilet.

every person on unemployment in georgia should be out in the field working, period.
White people? Racist, much? Um, I am sure there was a variety of people who were put on probation and there are a variety of Americans that won't pick crops for a living including Hispanics. In fact even the illegals only use crop picking as a stepping stone to take better paying and easier jobs in our country.

As I have said in here countless times, where Americans (of all races) can't be found to pick crops there are unlimited visas for legal immigrant crop pickers. Neither you nor the farmers have any excuse for claiming that crops won't get picked without illegals doing it.
 
Old 06-22-2011, 01:58 PM
 
31,385 posts, read 31,051,757 times
Reputation: 14878
I'm not going to get into the white/non-white baiting but I will point out that before the law passed I pointed to a number of articles where Georgia farmers were terrified about the passage of this law. ANd even though many of their workers are legal migrant workers they rightly feared that workers vowed to stay away from Georgia in fear of being constantly hassled.
 
Old 06-22-2011, 02:03 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
This should be of no surprise to anyone. Georgia is a Republican state. Too many Republicans tend to operate with the machete as opposed to the scalpel. Republicans want to send all illegals home yet they were the ones who encouraged them to come here in the first place.

I am a former bilingual teacher who is married to a Mexican-American. I deal with the Hispanic community at large on a day to day basis. Many of the people I see, including my wife, are conservatives that absolutely refuse to vote Republican because of the way Republicans are handling the immigration issue.

So, in short, not only are Republicans alienating a large voting bloc, they are destroying businesses with these policies. This is what happens when you treat people like servants as opposed to workers and people. More and more people are waking up to this fact every day.
That is pure nonsense! The Republican party did not invite illegals here. If you think there aren't any rich Democrats loving this cheap, illegal labor then you aren't dealing in reality. If it is the Republican party who invited them here then why are they the ones forming legislation to get rid of them? It sure as hell isn't the Democrats that want them to leave.

You're married to a Mexican-American and deal with the Hispanic community daily. Well, that's a tell all right there.

And just what is wrong with the way the Republicans are handling illegal immigration? They want secure borders, enforcement of our immigration laws and no amnesty. Sounds pretty pro-American to me. Unlike the Democrats who don't give a damn that our jobs and benefits are being stolen by illegal aliens and they want to give them amensty anyway just so they can gain the Hispanic vote and future Hispanic voting bloc.

Destroying businesses? The businesses being destroyed are the legitimate ones that are having to compete with these greedy employers who hire illegals at a cut rate wage and driving down the wages and profits for the legitimate businesses.
 
Old 06-22-2011, 02:07 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I'm not going to get into the white/non-white baiting but I will point out that before the law passed I pointed to a number of articles where Georgia farmers were terrified about the passage of this law. ANd even though many of their workers are legal migrant workers they rightly feared that workers vowed to stay away from Georgia in fear of being constantly hassled.
Hassled? Showing that you have a right to be and work in this country is being hassled? Oh, the horror of it all! If you are here legally you have nothing to fear. This is just one of the pro-illegal's smoke and mirrors tactics to claim some bogus racial profilng of Hispanics.
 
Old 06-22-2011, 02:10 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I'm not going to get into the white/non-white baiting but I will point out that before the law passed I pointed to a number of articles where Georgia farmers were terrified about the passage of this law. ANd even though many of their workers are legal migrant workers they rightly feared that workers vowed to stay away from Georgia in fear of being constantly hassled.
Fear of being hassled?

Right....

It's so scary to work legally in a country other than your country of origin where you might have to <gasp!> worry that someone might ask you to prove that you're working legally in that country.

Oh, the humanity......
 
Old 06-22-2011, 02:30 PM
 
Location: Dalton Gardens
2,798 posts, read 5,361,547 times
Reputation: 1570
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I'm not going to get into the white/non-white baiting but I will point out that before the law passed I pointed to a number of articles where Georgia farmers were terrified about the passage of this law. ANd even though many of their workers are legal migrant workers they rightly feared that workers vowed to stay away from Georgia in fear of being constantly hassled.
Well then, if LEGAL migrant workers are fearful of being hassled because of the actions of their ILLEGAL countrymen/women maybe they should become proactive in helping to keep them OUT!
 
Old 06-22-2011, 03:33 PM
 
3,513 posts, read 3,111,206 times
Reputation: 1357
the reason why i target whites is because most of the time its them that will turn down menial hard labor jobs like this, with there nose high in the sky. "im too good for this, this work is beneath me"

according to the article, nobody wants these jobs, even though there are jobs out there.

so again, why would it be wrong for all the people on unemployment, who need a job, to be forced to work out in the field.

the jobs are there, and you cant be turning down work if you are unemployed.

im tired of the entitlement attitude.

get off unemployment and get out in the field, there are plenty of jobs since the illegals are gone now.
 
Old 06-22-2011, 03:50 PM
 
Location: #
9,605 posts, read 14,273,941 times
Reputation: 6259
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
That is pure nonsense! The Republican party did not invite illegals here. If you think there aren't any rich Democrats loving this cheap, illegal labor then you aren't dealing in reality. If it is the Republican party who invited them here then why are they the ones forming legislation to get rid of them? It sure as hell isn't the Democrats that want them to leave.
Simple. Republicans have a higher percentage of racists, xenophobes and other types who are afraid of different cultures. I'm not saying it's a majority of Republicans or even close to this, however, it is a significant enough of a percentage where this group is kowtowed to. And I never said there aren't rich Democrats loving the cheap labor. It seems to me the difference is Republicans look at illegals as workers only while Democrats look at illegals as people first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You're married to a Mexican-American and deal with the Hispanic community daily. Well, that's a tell all right there.
And you'd think conservatives would want input from people such as myself or Mexican-Americans in general with regards to the situation we are in right now. Republicans, supposedly the "family values" party, has no issue encouraging families to come to the United States when needed then breaking up their families at a drop of a hat when they see these families as no longer useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
And just what is wrong with the way the Republicans are handling illegal immigration? They want secure borders, enforcement of our immigration laws and no amnesty. Sounds pretty pro-American to me. Unlike the Democrats who don't give a damn that our jobs and benefits are being stolen by illegal aliens and they want to give them amensty anyway just so they can gain the Hispanic vote and future Hispanic voting bloc.
If you actually read the column left by the OP, you'd see that illegals aren't actually stealing jobs. Furthermore, it is not Democrats who are gaining the Hispanic vote, it is Republicans that are handing the Democrats the Hispanic votes through their insensitive legislation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Destroying businesses? The businesses being destroyed are the legitimate ones that are having to compete with these greedy employers who hire illegals at a cut rate wage and driving down the wages and profits for the legitimate businesses.
Yes, they are being destroyed. But by who?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top