U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 06:34 PM

46 posts, read 19,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
It is mandatory in my daughter's elementary school despite the fact that there are very few hispanics in my immediate community. She has no choice in the matter even though I'd rather my tax dollars paid for lessons in French or Hebrew.
Ok, so you think it is more probable that A) the illegal/legal/latino lobby subtly corrupted your local school district to force your children to learn Spanish 1 hour out of the day or B) your school district thinks that learning a foreign language is good, but that they don't have enough money to pay for multiple language teachers?

From a cost benefit analysis Hebrew doesn't even come into the picture. The school district can't pay for your kid to enjoy reading the Old Testament or going to Israel if they want you to learn a foreign language.

Quote:
Enough already. Americans shouldn't be told to learn Spanish just because illegals (most of whom are Spanish speakers) do not feel they need to learn English.
I doubt it is because illegals feel lazy and don't want to learn English but that Spanish is the main spoken language of the country directly to our South and is the third most spoken language in the world. Also it is because Spanish speakers are in high supply so they are easier to find in order to be able to teach a lot of the population.

Quote:
That is very much what is going on over here. There's a huge attempt by Latino lobbying groups to turn this country into a country where English speakers are at a disadvantage if they are not fluent in Spanish.

We are sick of it.
Really? They are going to make English speakers become disadvantaged by.......teaching them Spanish in school a long with English? I mean when you start hearing about school districts deciding to drop English Lit and teach Spanish Lit or Latin American Lit and making all the tests in Spanish then your fears might be recognized.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:40 PM

12,775 posts, read 9,475,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bing Blang Blaow View Post
Ok, so you think it is more probable that A) the illegal/legal/latino lobby subtly corrupted your local school district to force your children to learn Spanish 1 hour out of the day or B) your school district thinks that learning a foreign language is good, but that they don't have enough money to pay for multiple language teachers?

I doubt it is because illegals feel lazy and don't want to learn English but that Spanish is the main spoken language of the country directly to our South and is the third most spoken language in the world. Also it is because Spanish speakers are in high supply so they are easier to find in order to be able to teach a lot of the population.

Really? They are going to make English speakers become disadvantaged by.......teaching them Spanish in school a long with English? I mean when you start hearing about school districts deciding to drop English Lit and teach Spanish Lit or Latin American Lit and making all the tests in Spanish then your fears might be recognized.
Kids aren't even being taught this countries history, the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence. It's all liberal indoctrination, spanish classes, sex classes, cultural diversity classes......no wonder they are dropping out, and parents are choosing to homeschool.
English is the language, any other should be in high school as an elective.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:46 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,241,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
BUT IT'S THE LAW!!!!!

No other country has birthright citizenship eh? Watch Faux News much by chance?
No other RICH country has birthright.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Kids aren't even being taught this countries history, the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence. It's all liberal indoctrination, spanish classes, sex classes, cultural diversity classes......no wonder they are dropping out, and parents are choosing to homeschool.
English is the language, any other should be in high school as an elective.
You know that is how it is in high school right? Spanish is an elective, and English literature or sometimes British literature ( those dirty foreigners forcing their literature on us) are requirements. That is even true in most state universities

Old 06-23-2011, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bing Blang Blaow View Post
You know that is how it is in high school right? Spanish is an elective, and English literature or sometimes British literature ( those dirty foreigners forcing their literature on us) are requirements. That is even true in most state universities
English lit is cool, in the USA. Spanish lit is cool in Mexico. If Mexicans dont like English lit, they need to be in Mexico.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
English lit is cool, in the USA. Spanish lit is cool in Mexico. If Mexicans dont like English lit, they need to be in Mexico.
Or we could teach both.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:54 PM

951 posts, read 617,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
No other RICH country has birthright.
Brazil disagrees.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:44 PM

192 posts, read 91,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
I bet they don't require their employees to speak Spanish though. Provide me with their website and I'll phone personally to find out.
Actually, they advertised that they spoke both Italian and Spanish.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:45 PM

192 posts, read 91,664 times
Quote:
Brazil disagrees.
So does Canada.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Brazil disagrees.
Brazil aint rich; its like Mexico, NOT like the USA, Japan, most of Europe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or