U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 08:33 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,237,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
Who is we? I mean you're basically saying the government should determine the staffing needs of private businesses? Sounds a lot like soviet-style central planning to me. Go USA!
Then the busineeses NEED to sponsor those people if they aint USA citizens.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:38 PM

46 posts, read 19,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Then the busineeses NEED to sponsor those people if they aint USA citizens.
Yea that would be great, but that isn't what you are advocating. If I want to hire a Guatemalan maid or a Iraqi lawn cutter and want to pay for their way here and give them room and board, you want me to submit my request to the central labor and worker rights board who will then certify or deny my request in the interest of the People's Republic of the United States ( or We as you like to call it). Why can't I just hire them and then just pay them ( subject to a background check) or should I have to wait until "WE" say "WE" will hire other people?

Old 06-23-2011, 08:55 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,385,436 times
Quote:
OK, so make it easier for them to be here legally. Then you would have a lot fewer illegals to complain about.
Why should we make it easier for low skilled, non-English speakers to come to America in the middle of a recession?

For the eleventeeth time: we don't need these people. We don't. They don't have the job skills our economy needs. We have enough high school drop outs. We don't need anymore. If they want something let them get it from their own countries where at least they speak the language and do not have to ask for help to avoid starvation, drive without insurance or cram themselves into substandard housing.

Why are Americans supposed to assume responsibility for economic desires of the world's population?

Old 06-23-2011, 08:57 PM

192 posts, read 91,366 times
What job skills does our country need?

Old 06-23-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bing Blang Blaow View Post
Ok, so you think it is more probable that A) the illegal/legal/latino lobby subtly corrupted your local school district to force your children to learn Spanish 1 hour out of the day or B) your school district thinks that learning a foreign language is good, but that they don't have enough money to pay for multiple language teachers?
I honestly wonder in a very Italian school district Spanish is being taught to our kids. I am not the only parent who feels this way. Learning a foreign language is wonderful. If more illegals agreed I might find them less irritating.

Quote:
From a cost benefit analysis Hebrew doesn't even come into the picture. The school district can't pay for your kid to enjoy reading the Old Testament or going to Israel if they want you to learn a foreign language.
The same could be said about Spanish. They're not exactly sending our kids to Mexico.

Quote:
I doubt it is because illegals feel lazy and don't want to learn English but that Spanish is the main spoken language of the country directly to our South and is the third most spoken language in the world. Also it is because Spanish speakers are in high supply so they are easier to find in order to be able to teach a lot of the population.
And here with go with the excuses. If Americans don't want to learn Spanish hey they're lazy racists. If illegals don't want to learn english well there are a lot of Spanish speakers here so why should they have to bother?

Can we stop making excuses for rude behavior merely because the population in question are all those sainted illegals. You would never do the same for Americans who moved to Mexico and refused to learn Spanish.

Never.

Quote:
Spanish speakers are only in high demand here to cater to lazy illegals. Really? They are going to make English speakers become disadvantaged by.......teaching them Spanish in school a long with English? I mean when you start hearing about school districts deciding to drop English Lit and teach Spanish Lit or Latin American Lit and making all the tests in Spanish then your fears might be recognized.
Why should adult Americans face economic disadvantages in their own country because criminals want things from natives? And why again should my daughter be literally forced to learn some Spanish to graduate from elementary school?

Old 06-23-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookie47 View Post
What job skills does our country need?
Job skills that are not held by most illegal aliens. The majority are Latino high school drop outs who do not speak English. If they can't rescue their own countries how are they supposed to rescue ours? And why should we invite them here if they can't? We have a recession. We have large unemployment rates particularly among our own high school drops. If we've failed to educate native high school drop outs, how is fair to import yet more people to compete with them for jobs?

Old 06-23-2011, 09:13 PM

192 posts, read 91,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Job skills that are not held by most illegal aliens. The majority are Latino high school drop outs who do not speak English. If they can't rescue their own countries how are they supposed to rescue ours? And why should we invite them here if they can't? We have a recession. We have large unemployment rates particularly among our own high school drops. If we've failed to educate native high school drop outs, how is fair to import yet more people to compete with them for jobs?

Like what? Do we need more computer programmers? Electrical engineers? Plumbers? Lawyers?

Old 06-23-2011, 09:25 PM
pvn

103 posts, read 42,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Why should we make it easier for low skilled, non-English speakers to come to America in the middle of a recession?
Why should you make it harder? That's the real question. Just do nothing instead of actively interfering.

Quote:
For the eleventeeth time: we don't need these people. We don't. They don't have the job skills our economy needs. We have enough high school drop outs. We don't need anymore. If they want something let them get it from their own countries where at least they speak the language and do not have to ask for help to avoid starvation, drive without insurance or cram themselves into substandard housing.
If "you" don't need these people that's fine. Why not let everyone else make up their own mind?

Quote:
Why are Americans supposed to assume responsibility for economic desires of the world's population?
I don't think they should.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:35 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,237,724 times
Quote:
Why should you make it harder? That's the real question. Just do nothing instead of actively interfering.

If "you" don't need these people that's fine. Why not let everyone else make up their own mind?

Do NOTHING? Nope. Do SOMETHING like chase off the illegals.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookie47 View Post
Like what? Do we need more computer programmers? Electrical engineers? Plumbers? Lawyers?
Explain to me why we need Hispanic high school drop outs who don't speak English.

Please. You're the one advocating for a change in policy. Explain why.

Quote:
Why should I do nothing to stop people who raise my taxes, put me at risk when they drive without licenses or insurance, overcrowd our school and scoff at English?

You seem to be making the argument that only some people -- those sainted illegals -- are allowed to serve their economic interests. Why are American natives not allowed the same privilege?

Why should be easy for a foreign national to come here if they impose costs on Americans?

Quote:
Go look up dozens of polls on this issue. Very few issues unite Americans on both sides of the political spectrum as much as this one. We've made up our minds. Why should our views get overruled by foreign nationals. Are there any other laws American laws that should get shoved aside because people overseas don't like them? Shall we adopt Sharia law to please the Taliban?

Quote:
That is very much the implication of your position on this issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or