Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2011, 02:16 PM
pvn

103 posts, read 55,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookie47 View Post
In AMERICA, we eat AMERICAN FOOD. Anything else would be INSULTING, and sticking a FINGER IN THE EYE of the AMERICAN people. This means APPLE PIE, *******. Blue crabs! Corn on the cob! Hambergurs, with AMERICAN cheese! If people move here and want to eat food that's not AMERICAN, they should go to a country that actually eats that food.
HAMBURGers and FRANKFURTers are GERMAN.

ONLY FREEDOM BUGERS IN USA #1!!!!!!!

Old 06-23-2011, 02:16 PM

192 posts, read 115,502 times
I saw a car dealership that advertised "Si Parla Italiano" on their window. They should probably be deported for using an anti-American language.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:17 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,314,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
And what language did the colonists speak, pray tell? Could it have been ENGLISH? As someone married to a Brit, can a verify that British English and American English are actually two seperate languages? Yes, I can.

Spain conquered the territory now known as Mexico, and as the conquering nation their language became THE language in the land. When Mexico had its very short ownership of California the language spoken was Spanish, that of their conquerors. When we BOUGHT California it became an AMERICAN territory, and therefore we had the right to expect it to be an ENGLISH speaking territory, as part of OUR nation. Thats how it goes, see?
Excellent post!

pvn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Well, I think they are pushing a political agenda.
Homeschool your kid, then. If you're that worried about their education, take control of it.

22 posts, read 11,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
However, many employers are requiring Spanish in order to get a job in this country. If that isn't a demand then I don't know what is. No American should have to learn Spanish to accomodate illegal invaders on the job or anywhere else.
Silly private sector employers, they think they are free to create hiring criteria to suit their office needs and better serve their customers. But no American should be discriminated against just because they personally lack the prerequisites on the job application!

Old 06-23-2011, 02:18 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,482,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
I see. How often do you actually see successful prosecutions in those cases?
It depends on what the charges are. Sexual offense cases tend to be very successfully prosecuted, as do obvious physical abuses.

I've seen everything, from an employees handing a patient's furniture and personal items through a window to their husband so they could sell it to pay for his drugs, I've caught an employees using a straw to forcefully blow medications down a patient's throat. I've caught an employee stealing medications, which lead to only myself and my direct supervisor having access to and control of the morphine. I've caught a man raping his own wife, and also caught him trying to inject her with drugs. This same man also made her swallow the needle in order to try and hide the evidence. He was permanently banned and the police arrrested him. He was given a 12 month sentence.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:22 PM
pvn

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
My reply was in regards to the suggestion that we should learn Spanish because of the growing Hispanic population. As I asked, since that "growing" is mostly due to illegal immigration and Hispanic-Americans know how to speak English, why should we learn Spanish? However, many employers are requiring Spanish in order to get a job in this country. If that isn't a demand then I don't know what is. No American should have to learn Spanish to accomodate illegal invaders on the job or anywhere else.

Some schools in the southwest are requiring that our students learn Spanish also. Why, since most Hispanic-Americans know English?
So it was a suggestion, not a demand? It seems like a pretty good suggestion to me. Shouldn't Americans be all about adapting to changing conditions so as to do BETTER than "everyone else"? Didn't you get all indignant when I suggested some Americans had a bloated sense of entitlement? BUt now you're saying the rest of the world should just roll over for Americans because... we're Americans!!!! If you don't want to learn Spanish DON'T. But don't complain when someone with more skills than you finds jobs you can't compete for.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:22 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,482,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
Homeschool your kid, then. If you're that worried about their education, take control of it.
My daughter now has here own children in school who are being forced to learn Spanish.

Learning a non-English language should be optional and NOT mandatory!

Old 06-23-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tightpants View Post
Why do you hate the free market so much that you would force them to use a specific language?

Are you sure you are American?

You liberals are obsessed with government enforcement of rules like what language you can speak.
You apparently don't know what a liberal is. They are the opposite of what you are defining them as. It is conservatives that want enforcement of rules, not liberals.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Have people here not noticed these new arrivals backing each other up with similar post counts and join dates?

I smell trolls.
Yes, yes and yes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration