Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2011, 01:26 PM

192 posts, read 115,507 times

Advertisements

Uh, I'd compete by doing a better job for the same wages, or the same job for lower wages, maybe a way better job for somewhat better wages. Something like that.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:32 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRavenSpeaks View Post
LOL. A bit of keyboard courage speaks.

Listen, I may be wrong, but I won't lie.

Here's one that certainly qualifies:

...quick edit, I forgot that this site has a policy against links, correct?

google for 'vdare' and check it out.

Sure if you think that wanting controlled immigration in reasonable numbers and being opposed to illegal immigration in your mind makes them anti-"immigrant".

Old 06-23-2011, 01:36 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookie47 View Post
Uh, I'd compete by doing a better job for the same wages, or the same job for lower wages, maybe a way better job for somewhat better wages. Something like that.
In otherwords Americans should take a lower wage and lower their lifestyles to compete with those who don't even have a right to work in this country? Yeah, that makes sense! Whose country is this anyway?

Better job? Where is your proof that illegals do a better job than an American, especially when they come here unskilled and uneducated.

Yeah, for over two hundred years Americans have been over paid and have lousy and lazy work ethics. Are you for real?

Old 06-23-2011, 01:40 PM

22 posts, read 11,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
In otherwords Americans should take a lower wage and lower their lifestyles to compete with those who don't even have a right to work in this country?
Pretty sure he's saying that he wants them to have a right to work in this country. That's the whole point.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:40 PM

192 posts, read 115,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
In otherwords Americans should take a lower wage and lower their lifestyles to compete with those who don't even have a right to work in this country? Yeah, that makes sense! Whose country is this anyway?

Better job? Where is your proof that illegals do a better job than an American, especially when they come here unskilled and uneducated.

Yeah, for over two hundred years Americans have been over paid and have lousy and lazy work ethics. Are you for real?
No, I think plenty of Americans can do better work than illegal immigrants. You're the one who says that illegal immigrants, due to taking lower wages, will always get hired over a citizen. However, if a citizen does better work, then he or she will be worth higher wages than the illegal immigrant. That's how wages work.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:14 PM

106 posts, read 254,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Laws I disagree with.

Myth

Cite.

I don't think it needs to in order to be a good idea, but this is probably wrong.
A myth? The only ones paying taxes on wages are either using a tax number (few) or have stolen a social. (the rest) otherwise they are getting paid cash.

What about our current laws do you not agree with? Personally I don't think we can be the welfare office for the entire planet. This is our tax money we are talking about here.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:18 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,210,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD_Harley View Post
A myth? The only ones paying taxes on wages are either using a tax number (few) or have stolen a social. (the rest) otherwise they are getting paid cash.
Right, but they are making so little that they generally would have either zero or close to zero income taxes to begin with. Thus the taxes they end up paying are the ones that all low-income people end up paying - property taxes, sales taxes, and so forth.

Quote:
What about our current laws do you not agree with? Personally I don't think we can be the welfare office for the entire planet. This is our tax money we are talking about here.
I believe that it should be much easier to legally immigrate here. None of the data actually indicates that the burden on the welfare system is as severe as you seem to be claiming.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:24 PM
pvn

103 posts, read 55,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
How do you compete against this type of activity?
My company has offices around the world. That activity has no effect on me. People don't have to relocate to the US to compete with me. I compete by being highly skilled and doing my job better than the next guy.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:26 PM

22 posts, read 11,297 times
Quote:
The only ones paying taxes on wages are either
using a tax number (few) or have stolen a social.
That "few" is actually 75% of illegals according to the SS office. They all pay federal and state taxes, don't file returns for a refund, and pay 15% into Social Security which they will never be able to use.

Quote:
(the rest) otherwise they are getting paid cash.
Which is illegal regardless of immigration status.

Quote:
This is our tax money we are talking about here.
And their tax money. That's not even counting sales tax, property tax, etc. that we all pay everyday.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:40 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,901,622 times
Construction used to be a good way to make a living and young men vied for construction jobs. Now the pay has gone down there is so little work. I don't know if you can blame it all on illegals, but I wis the authorities would start enforcing the law against hiring illegals. I don't care about the farm laborers, that is not a coveted job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration