U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 08:43 PM

46 posts, read 19,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
It dont matter; the Irish followd the rules.

And if they messed up, getting BACK to Ireland was tough so the Irish had to make the best of things.
So let me get this right. The Irish are ok because they followed the "rules" even though their situation is exactly the same as other immigrants now with no education, no quota, and no skills, but if the law were to be changed to exactly how it is when the Irish came you would still hate immigrants?

Old 06-23-2011, 08:43 PM

951 posts, read 617,513 times
Quote:
You hit it hard. Americans WILL blow up real soon and I dont wanna be around when this comes down.
So you are going back to your motherland?

Old 06-23-2011, 08:46 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,240,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
So you are going back to your motherland?
My mother lands the USA.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:48 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,240,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bing Blang Blaow View Post
So let me get this right. The Irish are ok because they followed the "rules" even though their situation is exactly the same as other immigrants now with no education, no quota, and no skills, but if the law were to be changed to exactly how it is when the Irish came you would still hate immigrants?
NO amnesty for illegal aliens. They would need to go HOME and get in line. Otherwise a 10 year ban if caught.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:52 PM

403 posts, read 281,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I have no opinion as I don't live in the past and those people are all dead now. I only care about what is going on today.
Lol, did you have your lawyer advise you on how to respond to that question???

"Do you think Jim Crow laws should have been enforced strictly because they were laws?"

**puts hand over microphone, leans over, whispers to lawyers. Vigourous head shaking and nodding**

"I was not alive then. Therefore I have no opinion on that subject. Next question."

Old 06-23-2011, 08:54 PM

46 posts, read 19,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD_Harley View Post
Step one is trespassing. That makes them illegal. The majority of Americans have an issue with that.
OK. If someone trespasses do you ban them from all property for 10 years?

Quote:
From there it goes sideways, ID theft, dodging taxes, an underground economy, abuse of social services.
Well seeing as we have covered most of these,

ID theft wouldn't be a problem if they could just get an ID. They aren't using it to steal people's credit cards but to actually work.

Dodging taxes - Pay the same as people of comporable income but can't withdraw SS.

Underground economy- ??????

abuse of social services - ? like abusing the emergency room, because they can't get insurance because they can't get an ID?

Quote:
What's there not to like there, right? Model Citizens for sure.
Well given that a large percentage of illegal immigrants are upstanding citizens in that they don't create crime that actually harms people, while there are plenty of Americans who do, who should we call a model citizen? And what should we do with those who aren't?

Quote:
Look, we get it. They are desperate.
Apparently not desperate enough for you to enjoy hunting them with weapons and violence, deny them work, and harass them daily. While while begrudging them because they will hit a nail into a board for than less another person.

Quote:
That doesn't make it right
What right? Trying to work?

Quote:
and they had better get used to it being a tough go if they insist on trying to stay here illegally and abusing our tax dollars. EVERY illegal is deportable, every single one.
Don't complain that "American" jobs are getting sent to other countries. Companies don't like paying extra for the same job so if the worker won't go to them they will go to the worker.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:54 PM

192 posts, read 91,570 times
Slavery: confirmed as no big deal, as the people affected by it are all dead.

Soon, the Japanese internment will also not be a big deal.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
NO amnesty for illegal aliens. They would need to go HOME and get in line. Otherwise a 10 year ban if caught.
So you'd be ok if we made it so they just had to leave, spend a week in their country of origin getting background check, medical check, etc. And then they could come right back?

Old 06-23-2011, 08:57 PM

42,313 posts, read 49,950,775 times
I have a job that isn't likely to be threatened by an illegal but I still am against them staying here because they have told me themselves that they have every intention of using every free system we have here to get ahead and could give a crap about actually contributing to our society.
On top of that, they don't care who they hurt while committing other crimes like drinking and driving, hit-and-run-no-insurance, B&E, grand theft auto...or simply just throwing garbage everywhere. Visit any border town and witness...

Like the Mexicans themselves say, "The trash always blows up against the fence."

Old 06-23-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Yeah who could ever learn anything from the past!?
Yeah, you can't learn anything from the past. Certainly nothing about how bigotry toward immigrants has always been based on half-truths, exaggerated statistics, and outright lies couched as concerned annecdotes aimed at disparagement, fearmongering, and intimidation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration