U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Unread 06-23-2011, 10:29 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,805 posts, read 4,945,208 times
Reputation: 2958
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookie47 View Post
My neighbor has a party. He hires a neighborhood kid to mow his lawn and prune his hedges beforehand. Doesn't he know I got laid off from my middle management job? He should have had me do that work for $30/hr.
Is the kid a citizen?

If so, good for him.

Too many kids have been locked out of the job market by the illegal alien incursion. No more yard jobs, no more fast food...if the kid has found himself a yard to mow that doesn't belong to his parents, then I for one, will cheer his entrepreneurial spirit.

 
Unread 06-23-2011, 10:30 PM
 
46 posts, read 2,575 times
Reputation: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Is the kid a citizen?

If so, good for him.

Too many kids have been locked out of the job market by the illegal alien incursion. No more yard jobs, no more fast food...if the kid has found himself a yard to mow that doesn't belong to his parents, then I for one, will cheer his entrepreneurial spirit.
and if that kid is an illegal alien?
 
Unread 06-23-2011, 10:39 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,180 posts, read 9,030,968 times
Reputation: 2965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
Yeah, you can't learn anything from the past. Certainly nothing about how bigotry toward immigrants has always been based on half-truths, exaggerated statistics, and outright lies couched as concerned annecdotes aimed at disparagement, fearmongering, and intimidation.
Pro-illegals love to conflate legal with illegal. We are not discussing legal immigration, because this is not the proper forum. We are discussing foreigners who have entered our country illegally, or have overstayed visas. In other words, they are illegal aliens, they do not belong here, and we are not obligated to roll out the welcome mat. Either obey our laws, and go through legal channels, or stay home. Furthermore, this is OUR country. They are here in violation of OUR laws, so we don’t have to prove or dispove squat.
 
Unread 06-23-2011, 10:42 PM
 
46 posts, read 2,575 times
Reputation: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Pro-illegals love to conflate legal with illegal. We are not discussing legal immigration, because this is not the proper forum. We are discussing foreigners who have entered our country illegally, or have overstayed visas. In other words, they are illegal aliens, they do not belong here, and we are not obligated to roll out the welcome mat. Either obey our laws, and go through legal channels, or stay home. Furthermore, this is OUR country. They are here in violation of OUR laws, so we don’t have to prove or dispove squat.
Who's this OUR you are talking about?
 
Unread 06-23-2011, 10:50 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,180 posts, read 9,030,968 times
Reputation: 2965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bing Blang Blaow View Post
Who's this OUR you are talking about?
Citizens of the United States of America. Sorry, illegals are excluded. They have their own countries.
 
Unread 06-23-2011, 10:53 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,805 posts, read 4,945,208 times
Reputation: 2958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Citizens of the United States of America. Sorry, illegals are excluded. They have their own countries.
Yeppers!

Wait, is BBB one of those reconquista wackos?
 
Unread 06-23-2011, 10:56 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,805 posts, read 4,945,208 times
Reputation: 2958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bing Blang Blaow View Post
and if that kid is an illegal alien?
Then he needs to go mow yards in his natal country.
 
Unread 06-23-2011, 10:56 PM
pvn
 
103 posts, read 5,701 times
Reputation: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Pro-illegals love to conflate legal with illegal. We are not discussing legal immigration, because this is not the proper forum. We are discussing foreigners who have entered our country illegally, or have overstayed visas. In other words, they are illegal aliens, they do not belong here, and we are not obligated to roll out the welcome mat. Either obey our laws, and go through legal channels, or stay home. Furthermore, this is OUR country. They are here in violation of OUR laws, so we donít have to prove or dispove squat.
So if THE LAW changed and they were all magically legal, you'd be cool with that?
 
Unread 06-23-2011, 11:04 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,213 posts, read 1,459,853 times
Reputation: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Is the kid a citizen?

If so, good for him...
No matter his or her (why would you exclude over half of the kids also able to do that work?) parents, and where they were born?...
 
Unread 06-23-2011, 11:45 PM
 
46 posts, read 2,575 times
Reputation: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Citizens of the United States of America. Sorry, illegals are excluded. They have their own countries.
OK, except there are many people who you included who do not think the same way as you. If they don't think the same way as you, why did you include them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:45 PM.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top