U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2011, 06:22 PM

118 posts, read 80,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
There have been stats in here posted as to what group have the highest drop out rates. It was "Hispanics" by far. You figure out then how many of them are illegal aliens.
And we know how math works for you guys. Greater than 50% means they're ALL illegal aliens. oh wait...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 06:29 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,401,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elián González View Post
And we know how math works for you guys. Greater than 50% means they're ALL illegal aliens. oh wait...
And we know how math works for you guys. Importing lots of low skilled workers who don't speak English means increased tax revenues for all of us.

Yeah.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:00 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,211,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elián González View Post
"You guys"? Don't lump me into a catagory I don't belong in. Oh, I forgot you pro-illegals like to smear all anti-illegals as being the same regardless of what our individual words say.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:23 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,244,579 times
Moderators; please close this thread, its another crazy one.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:28 PM

951 posts, read 620,146 times
If by crazy one, you mean people calling b.s. on a bunch of made up stuff and misrepresented things, which included one poster getting owned with information from his own link, then yes you are right. I suppose we better shut it down. There are like positive things being said towards illegals in here with links to prove they are assimilating. Better close it so you guys can forget this ever took place.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:31 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,038,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
"You guys"? Don't lump me into a catagory I don't belong in...
Ok...

"You gals"...

Old 06-24-2011, 07:32 PM

2,798 posts, read 5,395,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
And math. And history. And science.
Yes, course studies which are taught throughout the world, in the language of the country in which they reside. These subjects are essential. American students learning Spanish should NOT be essential.

Regarding history, I think we all know that even our American history isn't considered "politically correct" any longer so now it is taught in a way which demonizes us to our non-Native students.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:33 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,633,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Lol. So we should all be scared because of a description for the link to the actual news story?
scared...no. Tired, pissed off, turned off...yes.

Quote:
By slow they mean: (actually from the article)
Thanks but I know what they mean.

Quote:
Now, I acknowledge that they may be assimilating slower than current Asian, blacks, and non-Hispanic whites. It isn't a problem though as I quoted already and I guess will quote again.
Slower than..... They have assimilated slower than anybody in the universe. That's the problem.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:34 PM

951 posts, read 620,146 times
Durrrrr.....not slower than your ancestors just slower than current immigrants. How many times do we have to go over this article?

Old 06-24-2011, 07:42 PM

2,798 posts, read 5,395,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Obviously I know the literal meanings, I am asking what "demands" and "accommodations" you are referring to. You gave a vague description, and I stated that the only demands we have been told about are re: school curricula.

I am looking for clarity regarding your position, that's all.
Here is an accommodation for students whose native language is Spanish...

California School Spends $10G a Year to Teach AP Spanish to Kids Who Speak Spanish - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or