U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2011, 08:22 PM

951 posts, read 617,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Maybe they should be required to pass an advanced ENGLISH course instead. But we have to make things EASY for these poor Spanish speaking immigrants because, unlike other immigrant groups, like the Chinese, Japanese, Russians, Iranians, Indians/Pakistanis, Koreans, Filipinos, etc... they are too stupid to be able to learn English.
So you think they take these classes to get an easy credit, then fail English at the same time.....or do they actually pass all the required English classes their high school offers too? Are they exempt from English classes is what I am asking? I highly doubt it. Do you think before you post?

Quote:
Its just sooooooo HARD! Unless, of course, they see signs in English that include the words "Money," "Checks Cashed," "WIC," "Free," "ATM Machine" and, here's a real big one that they seem to understand real easy in English... "Department of Economic Security."
QF Wow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 08:23 PM

106 posts, read 216,419 times
Wow long thread. Someone must have published another "DREAM" act link to proposed legislation (that gets shot down year after years.). The DREAMERS are out in force. Don't get your hopes up. History has not been kind to illegals.

This is probably because people don't like criminal behavior and rewarding others for criminal behavior of their Parents.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:36 PM

2,798 posts, read 5,378,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
So you think they take these classes to get an easy credit, then fail English at the same time.....or do they actually pass all the required English classes their high school offers too? Are they exempt from English classes is what I am asking? I highly doubt it. Do you think before you post?

QF Wow
Oh, I'm sure they manage to pass just the minimal requirements in English. Too bad they didn't focus more on the English courses, to prove that they really ARE smart enough to pass them in an advanced course. Anyone whose native tongue is Spanish will EASILY pass the Advanced Spanish courses. Not much hard work or effort required for that, is there? Yep, taking the easy ride, as usual.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:39 PM

951 posts, read 617,593 times
Again, do you think before you post? What are the minimal requirements in English? I took 4 years. I was required to take English all 4 years to graduate high school.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:46 PM

403 posts, read 281,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD_Harley View Post
Wow long thread. Someone must have published another "DREAM" act link to proposed legislation (that gets shot down year after years.). The DREAMERS are out in force. Don't get your hopes up. History has not been kind to illegals.

This is probably because people don't like criminal behavior and rewarding others for criminal behavior of their Parents.
Swing and a miss!

Old 06-24-2011, 09:30 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
Swing and a miss!
Nope! Swing and a homerun.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:57 PM

118 posts, read 80,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD_Harley View Post

Reagan, amnesty...ring a bell?

Old 06-25-2011, 12:18 AM

15 posts, read 8,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
The students who already speak Spanish as a native tongue should Not be allowed to use this in order to falsely pad out their GPA. But, deceit and special treatment has become the norm for them.
Why not? I learned Spanish while living in South America, came back took 5 college classes in Spanish at once and aced them all. Was it unfair for me to learn Spanish at 18 in order to ace classes at 21? How about if I was 5? 3?1?

Last edited by StarsandBarsForever; 06-25-2011 at 12:27 AM..

Old 06-25-2011, 12:23 AM

36 posts, read 14,614 times
And what about those American born citizens who falsely pad their GPA by taking AP English? ZOMG!

Old 06-25-2011, 04:42 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,417,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Sorry zacatecana but I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with you. It is not our duty to integrate or take care of leeches. Please take them back with you to Zacatecas, Oaxaca, Chiapas, and wherever else they are coming from
And I'll disagree with you respectfully. In a dream world, YES, I would take them back to Mexico, a place they never wanted to leave in the first place. (REALITY: Many were forced to). However, that is not going to happen. Not because I say so...don't get mad at me...but because they will do what they know how to do best. They will weigh things here, wait and even if no amnesty, they will not leave. Even if you take some or ALL welfare, they will stay as studies have shown.

We will integrate their children like it or not...they are citizens. Even if their parents were deported in mass...their children will return...in masses. They will be speaking their native tongue and I'm guessing they will take time before they relearn English. Along with them, they will bring their spouse, children and possibly parents that were once deported. And how many do you think we will actually deport? 2 or 3 million? What about the other millions that the government will not be able to reach? Think about that. We could have another wave of US citizens and their immigrant families. As I said, an amnesty is unavoidable. Either way, they will be here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or