U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-25-2011, 05:41 PM
 
118 posts, read 80,853 times
Reputation: 21

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Not hunky dory at all. I have never condoned the genocide of anyone but I am not them and they aren't me and I am not responsible for what dead people did long ago. .
But you don't mind if their ancestors are still here and aren't railing to have them leave for what they did. Nice that you give a pass to them. I'm sure they appreciate the equal support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-25-2011, 08:30 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,254,096 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elián González View Post
But you don't mind if their ancestors are still here and aren't railing to have them leave for what they did. Nice that you give a pass to them. I'm sure they appreciate the equal support.
Leave to go where? They are citizens of THIS country by birth. Why don't YOU take it up with our government if you think they have no right to be here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2011, 08:43 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 19,045,574 times
Reputation: 6518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elián González View Post
But you don't mind if their ancestors are still here and aren't railing to have them leave for what they did. Nice that you give a pass to them. I'm sure they appreciate the equal support.
This has what to do with illegal immigration today?
many things were done 600 years ago that we dont do today nor advocate. Nor does the argument they did it first make it right.
now on to the topic.
Integrating illegals unavoidable.
Hmmm. As we have seen enforcement at the state levels has had a desired result. If done on the national level it would also have a desired result.
No we will never eliminate 100% of all illegals from society but we can decrease their numbers drastically.
The first step should always be to go after the employers and the facilitators. Hammer them hard enough and change will happen.
integrating the illegals would no longer be an issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2011, 08:47 PM
 
Location: Dalton Gardens
2,798 posts, read 5,414,341 times
Reputation: 1575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
it doesn't sound like your grandmother did a good job integrating you. Real Americans would be out humpin' it supporting THEMSELVES rather than being a drain on my tax dollars.
Americans who are living off of unemployment are NOT living off YOUR tax dollars. They are living off of money which they contributed to the fund while they were employed. How SHAMEFUL of them for daring to claim what they have EARNED instead fo going begging to the government and church groups for a handout. But you know what, even if these unemployed Americans do end up resprting to welfare, at least they have also contributed to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2011, 08:55 PM
 
Location: Dalton Gardens
2,798 posts, read 5,414,341 times
Reputation: 1575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elián González View Post
Yeah, when the europeans showed up here and committed genocide of the indigenous people, "with no shame whatsoever for what they did", that was hunky dory, wasn't it?
Head hurting yet?[/quote]

How do you know what an entire populace was thinking or feeling at that time? Pretty arrogant of you to ASSume that not one person during that time felt shame, regret or even anger over what was happening. As someone who is 1/8 Lenni Lenape and also descended from Montauk and Mohawk ancestors, even I know there were THREE sides to the story and I don't tar all European ancestors as people who committed genocide.

Quote:
The people that did that, did their ancestors stay on the land and form a country, permanently?
No, their ANCESTORS did not stay on the land and form a country permanently, but their DESCENDANTS most likely did. Their ANCESTORS were probably already dead and buried back in their homelands and had never seen the colonies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2011, 08:56 PM
 
Location: Dalton Gardens
2,798 posts, read 5,414,341 times
Reputation: 1575
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
This has what to do with illegal immigration today?
many things were done 600 years ago that we dont do today nor advocate. Nor does the argument they did it first make it right.
now on to the topic.
Integrating illegals unavoidable.
Hmmm. As we have seen enforcement at the state levels has had a desired result. If done on the national level it would also have a desired result.
No we will never eliminate 100% of all illegals from society but we can decrease their numbers drastically.
The first step should always be to go after the employers and the facilitators. Hammer them hard enough and change will happen.
integrating the illegals would no longer be an issue.
Excellent post. Straight to the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2011, 12:04 AM
 
841 posts, read 795,486 times
Reputation: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I truly believe that despite any effort to rid our country of illegal immigrants, sooner or later, we will see amnesty for those remaining. I hope by then our borders are secure. That is where our efforts should be focused.



Despite Hispanics have the largest number of illegal immigrants, Hispanics are not the most welfare seekers.

Census shows whites lose US majority among babies - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110623/ap_on_go_ot/us_census_white_minority - broken link)

News announced 82% of all welfare in California goes to illegal alien families, of course most of these are hispanics. Physical fence, crackdown on employers and WELFARE is all important as our former head of border and customs, Robert Bonner, stated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2011, 12:16 AM
 
35 posts, read 18,809 times
Reputation: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
News announced 82% of all welfare in California goes to illegal alien families, of course most of these are hispanics.
citation needed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2011, 02:51 AM
 
118 posts, read 80,853 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
How do you know what an entire populace was thinking or feeling at that time? Pretty arrogant of you to ASSume that not one person during that time felt shame, regret or even anger over what was happening. As someone who is 1/8 Lenni Lenape and also descended from Montauk and Mohawk ancestors, even I know there were THREE sides to the story and I don't tar all European ancestors as people who committed genocide.
.
I find it fantastic that you hold C-Nut to the same standard. Apparently it's not arrogant for her to ASSume that all illegals have " no shame whatsoever for what they did".

I guess you could point your comments to her since I was reflecting her concept back at her. Or did you miss her making that claim?

But then again, this reprimand is coming from someone who thinks Africa is a country...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2011, 04:52 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 59,224,046 times
Reputation: 22182
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I truly believe that despite any effort to rid our country of illegal immigrants, sooner or later, we will see amnesty for those remaining. I hope by then our borders are secure. That is where our efforts should be focused.



Despite Hispanics have the largest number of illegal immigrants, Hispanics are not the most welfare seekers.

Census shows whites lose US majority among babies - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110623/ap_on_go_ot/us_census_white_minority - broken link)
There in lies the problem.

Whose responsibility is it to integrate? As the illegals and their extreme birth rates outnumber the American taxpayers, they overwhelm the ability of the taxpayers to accomodate their many needs.

If they wanted to learn English, they would learn it. This article implies that the dwindling number of white Americans must come up with the billions of dollars to accomplish assimilation by force because if they were willing to adapt, they would have adapted on their own.

Or is it the other minorities like blacks who have already learned English that must pay for the illegals' integration into US society?

Or who pays for all this?

The other problem with this whole article is that it lumps "hispanics" together and some "hispanics" are not freshly arrived over the border and in fact have always lived here and are assimilated perfectly fine and all on their own. Chances are they aren't going to want to be the payers for these programs either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top