U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2011, 01:34 PM

118 posts, read 80,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No, hospitals have been sued. .
Link?

Surely you can find one, especially one that lost as the defendant.

Not to mention, we know that if you find just one, your opinion will then support that it is rampant nationwide. But even so, you should still be able to provide one.

eg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 01:36 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Current "laws" allow for over a million foreigners to be admitted to the United States each year...

If you mean "illegal aliens", say "illegal aliens"...
Why do you never step in and say anything when someone refers to illegal aliens as just plain "immigrants" then? Is there a double standard in the working here?

Old 06-24-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Again, all I was asking for was a definition of both "demand" and "accommodate." So far the only reason your side has provided for saying they "demand" we learn Spanish is that it's required at schools. Could you clarify precisely what you're referring to? Was there a protest march dedicated to demanding that Americans all learn Spanish or something?
I guess you missed all those posts about businesses "demanding/requiring" we know Spanish to obtain employment with them then?

Old 06-24-2011, 01:40 PM

17 posts, read 7,238 times
How is it possible that the government is forcing Walmart to use Spanish? what has our country come to?

Old 06-24-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
And math. And history. And science.
I guess you don't know the difference between learning the academic necessities and the basic "three" as opposed to being forced to learn another langauge then?

Old 06-24-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I have already explained my position. If you want a "definition" of demand and accommodate, I suggest you Google.
Now they are comparing language usage in an ethnic business (restaurant) to normal everyday American businesses?

Old 06-24-2011, 01:45 PM

118 posts, read 80,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I guess you missed all those posts about businesses "demanding/requiring" we know Spanish to obtain employment with them then?
Big difference between a company demanding an additional skill and illegals being the ones demanding it. I guess you missed that somewhere along the line.

eg

Old 06-24-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elián González View Post
Big difference between a company demanding an additional skill and illegals being the ones demanding it. I guess you missed that somewhere along the line.

eg
When they are "demanding/requiring" it to pander to illegal aliens I take offense at it. Most Hispanic-Americans know how to speak English. By the way, I went to a Sears store this morning and all the ads over the intercom were in Spanish. Not one add in English! Then you wonder why we are p*ssed?

Old 06-24-2011, 01:55 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Don't get your hopes up. This battle is only going to heat up and I think you will be on the losing side. As for who are the welfare recipients here are some stats for L.A. county alone. Yes, whites cannot keep up with the minority birthrates in this country, however guess what ethnic group is popping our the most new babies and many if not most of them are anchors.

L.A. County welfare to children of illegal immigrants grows - Los Angeles Times

Your right out here they pop children out like pop tarts, too many it has got to stop here and now.

We have to stop making excuses at some point for those who are here illegally, otherwise it is an neverending battle.

Old 06-24-2011, 02:05 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Quote:
We were talking about younger people who ARE fluent, so they HAVE in fact learned the language.

You say that they DEMAND that you "accommodate" them in their language.

Define both "demand" and "accommodate" in those contexts?

I sure will, when a spanish couple comes into my daughter's place of employment, and demand the employees speak spanish, i think that is enough of a demand don't you! Happens all the time in a department store where my daughter works part time while going to college, arab nationalities do it also, mainly spanish. The husband even went as far as, wanting to know why they did not speak spanish, since the majortiy of the Country, is hispanic. This is what he said to my daughter, so oh please spare me. We don't owe anyone anthying, for anyone wanting to come to a better Country. Speak your language we do not care, but at least have the decency to learn English since you live in this Country.

For gosh sakes, i am teaching myself Italian online and doing a damg good job at it. Yes i am a proud Italian American, no i am An American of Italian Heritage, and proud as the next guy. But don't go around speaking Italian in front of people who do not understand it.

Sono un felce americano e 'lamore mio Patrimono Italiano!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or