Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2011, 03:45 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,043,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Well, based on the still wide Hispanic-white achievement gap, I don't think our labor force has to do anything.

Hispanic-white achievement gap still wide in education: report - Yahoo! News
Oh...so you are more worried about status, right? social status? hmmmm... As long as they don't take any white or blue collar jobs...Hispanics can remain at poverty level. Okay...I see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
That article is false.

I recently posted an article in the political forum that shows most hispanics used welfare & 9 out of 10 used wic.
So "yours is wrong and mine is right" because it suits your agenda. How about lets agree to disagree. My link says the research was by Family Research Council based in Washington DC. What was the main source of your findings?

Old 06-25-2011, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD_Harley View Post
It appears that after reading this thread those that are backing another amnesty and want secure borders have accomplished what they intended. That being getting their family here illegally and now are ok with the drawbridge being raised and another amnesty for those crafty and corrupt enough to beat the system.

So they think. In the meantime they are all legally deportable.
LOL So you think I'm legally deportable or my family? Get over yourself.

Amnesty or not...there is no way we have the resources to deport millions. Look at the current situation at the border. We don't even have the manpower to protect it. Hundreds are detained at the border, Hundreds inside the states and there is a waiting list to see a judge.... AND that is not even a drop in the bucket. Lets get real, millions will stay, one way or the other.

Old 06-25-2011, 06:58 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,311,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
And I'll disagree with you respectfully. In a dream world, YES, I would take them back to Mexico, a place they never wanted to leave in the first place. (REALITY: Many were forced to). However, that is not going to happen. Not because I say so...don't get mad at me...but because they will do what they know how to do best. They will weigh things here, wait and even if no amnesty, they will not leave. Even if you take some or ALL welfare, they will stay as studies have shown.

We will integrate their children like it or not...they are citizens. Even if their parents were deported in mass...their children will return...in masses. They will be speaking their native tongue and I'm guessing they will take time before they relearn English. Along with them, they will bring their spouse, children and possibly parents that were once deported. And how many do you think we will actually deport? 2 or 3 million? What about the other millions that the government will not be able to reach? Think about that. We could have another wave of US citizens and their immigrant families. As I said, an amnesty is unavoidable. Either way, they will be here.
And with no shame whatsover for what they did. Yeah, we need that kind in our country permanently.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
LOL So you think I'm legally deportable or my family? Get over yourself.

Amnesty or not...there is no way we have the resources to deport millions. Look at the current situation at the border. We don't even have the manpower to protect it. Hundreds are detained at the border, Hundreds inside the states and there is a waiting list to see a judge.... AND that is not even a drop in the bucket. Lets get real, millions will stay, one way or the other.
Bet me! Ain't gonna happen. Bye, bye illegals. There will be a bloody civil war before that is allowed to happen and I don't even want to see that happen nor do I condone it but there are that many Americans fed up with this invasion.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:32 AM

951 posts, read 745,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Bet me! Ain't gonna happen. Bye, bye illegals. There will be a bloody civil war before that is allowed to happen (amnesty) and I don't even want to see that happen nor do I condone it but there are that many Americans fed up with this invasion.
LOL. mkay. I love how you cry about how pro-immigration reform people should "respect the law". But if these people were pardoned and made legal you wouldn't accept that one bit. NO, a bloody civil war is in order for the laws the anti-immigration reform people don't agree with.

Last edited by huddledmasses; 06-25-2011 at 07:48 AM..

Old 06-25-2011, 07:50 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD_Harley View Post
Wow long thread. Someone must have published another "DREAM" act link to proposed legislation (that gets shot down year after years.). The DREAMERS are out in force. Don't get your hopes up. History has not been kind to illegals.

This is probably because people don't like criminal behavior and rewarding others for criminal behavior of their Parents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
Swing and a miss!
Quote:
Nope! Swing and a homerun.
Have fun believin there will be amnesty. Not this time. to many people are now onto the illegal alien scam and will say no mas.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:53 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,296 times
Quote:
Bet me! Ain't gonna happen. Bye, bye illegals. There will be a bloody civil war before that is allowed to happen and I don't even want to see that happen nor do I condone it but there are that many Americans fed up with this invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
LOL. mkay. I love how you cry about how pro-immigration reform people should "respect the law". But if these people were pardoned and made legal you wouldn't accept that one bit. NO, a bloody civil war is in order for the laws the anti-immigration reform people don't agree with.
huddledmasses: there WILL be trouble, bad trouble if the illegals aint run off. To many Americans cant find work and unemployment is going away for lots of us.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:03 AM

403 posts, read 333,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
huddledmasses: there WILL be trouble, bad trouble if the illegals aint run off. To many Americans cant find work and unemployment is going away for lots of us.
There are plenty of jobs in Georgia right now. Why are you being a leech on society? You're not really legal are you?

Old 06-25-2011, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Wrong! I said I didn't condone it. I just love the selective reading in here. However, I believe the states have the right to fend off illegal invaders if the feds refuse to. How far they can go lawfully to achieve that I don't know.

I would accept that they were made legal but I would never accept them per se and that is my personal right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration