U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-24-2011, 07:15 PM
 
118 posts, read 80,182 times
Reputation: 21

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I didn't say you personally. There is that reading comprehension problem again. I warned you about playing moderator in here and now you have been reported. I suggest you leave me alone from now on now unless you want to be reported more several times.
You mean I can report someone for telling me to stay on topic? Or are you just someone special that can go off topic at any time w/o reprimand? Fair is fair, isn't it?

 
Old 06-24-2011, 07:15 PM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,313,536 times
Reputation: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Something is just so wrong about that statement...
But so true...Where the Gospel is proclaimed and believed, great advancements in society, freedom and culture take place.
 
Old 06-24-2011, 07:15 PM
 
3,204 posts, read 2,383,737 times
Reputation: 1544
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Why is it important for them? Why must we care what they think or do? We are America, not China, not Mexico. We hold ourselves to higher standards, or so I thought.

It would be nice to continue to hold ourselves to a higher standard as opposed to becoming a third world nation. The U.N. would like to see the wealth of all nations equally divided so that only the elite of each nation has a chance to succeed. By allowing all the poverty of other nations to enter our country it takes us down while raising them up to create equality on the backs of our taxpaying citizens.
 
Old 06-24-2011, 07:16 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
We have an immigration system in place to keep track of who is granted citizenship in this country. It is in place to keep some semblance of balance regarding jobs and population control.

When people migrate legally here they have to prove financial viability. They have to have job skills that are in short supply in this nation. They also need to have enough English literacy to function in our society.

If you want to argue primarily for the Hispanic illegals then you may want to communicate to them that standing in the streets chanting that they are here to "take back" their country probably doesn't do much to further their agenda. And they need a history lesson. But when you open your eyes and realize that there are illegals here from many countries it kind of seems that those only standing up for the Hispanics may be the racists.

This country has been predominately white since it's inception. Anyone that has a problem with that may want to study the demographics and pick the country that best suits them.
Excellent and truthful post!
 
Old 06-24-2011, 07:17 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,793 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
It would be nice to continue to hold ourselves to a higher standard as opposed to becoming a third world nation. The U.N. would like to see the wealth of all nations equally divided so that only the elite of each nation has a chance to succeed. By allowing all the poverty of other nations to enter our country it takes us down while raising them up to create equality on the backs of our taxpaying citizens.

Yeah, because this is exactly what happened when all our poor immigrant ancestors came right?
 
Old 06-24-2011, 07:19 PM
 
3,204 posts, read 2,383,737 times
Reputation: 1544
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Yeah, because this is exactly what happened when all our poor immigrant ancestors came right?

It was a different nation with different needs. Catch up.
 
Old 06-24-2011, 07:19 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,793 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Oh, please do point out the parts of my post that were racist. I will be waiting with baited breath.
White remaining a majority and the fear of losing it is like the main talking point over at stormfront.
 
Old 06-24-2011, 07:20 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,793 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
It was a different nation with different needs. Catch up.

Oh, please explain.
 
Old 06-24-2011, 07:21 PM
 
Location: Raleigh
1,167 posts, read 1,122,715 times
Reputation: 1308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elián González View Post
You mean I can report someone for telling me to stay on topic? Or are you just someone special that can go off topic at any time w/o reprimand? Fair is fair, isn't it?
Well, maybe not to stay on topic. But I did report you for calling me "Whitey." That's very racist.
 
Old 06-24-2011, 07:21 PM
 
3,204 posts, read 2,383,737 times
Reputation: 1544
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
White remaining a majority and the fear of losing it is like the main talking point over at stormfront.

Do you go there often? How is that relevant?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top