U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-24-2011, 08:48 PM
 
118 posts, read 80,343 times
Reputation: 21

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
But don't you realize whats going on here? This person's name is Elián González, therefore they are allowed to do WHAT...EVER...THEY...WANT! See, that same mentality of not having to abide by rules because they are of a SPECIAL class of people.
Actually, it's Chicagonut that isn't abiding. He keeps going off topic with no ramifications. Now, who is SPECIAL?

 
Old 06-24-2011, 08:52 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,172,244 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Maybe you should start by getting with the program and realizing that they do pay taxes. Then, consider that most likely, they would gladly become fully legal to ensure not having to worry about being deported, losing out of work, being separated from their family, etc. etc. Do you have any evidence that they want to remain illegal? I asked Benicar this earlier and she dodged. Any other forum I frequent would enact bans on these dubious claims without proof.
Uh, I think most of us have already acknowledge that some do pay taxes. Selective reading perhaps? What we have been saying is that they don't pay in enough taxes to cover their social costs.

Some would like to become citizens and some would like to return to their native lands with cash in hand. Why would they be worried about being separated from their families? The whole family can't return to their native country? Fear of deportation? Well, that's what happens when you enter a country illegally.
 
Old 06-24-2011, 08:52 PM
 
3,204 posts, read 2,389,106 times
Reputation: 1544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elián González View Post
Almost missed this:



Not sure what forum you've been reading, but the ones standing up for Hispanics/Mexicans/illegals weren't the ones who consolidated all illegals into Hispanics or Mexicans. We didn't use the math of since Mexicans are more than 50% of the illegals, all illegals are Mexican like someone else did.

I'm sure they'll take your comments in stride.

Which groups are making the most noise? Is La Raza standing up for the Muslims, Indians and Asians in this country? How about Luis Guteiriz (sp) from Illinois? We check passports on anyone entering the country by air but look the other way at those that walk across the border.

PLEASE SHOW ME WHERE I SAID ALL ILLEGALS ARE MEXICAN.
 
Old 06-24-2011, 08:53 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,172,244 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elián González View Post
Actually, it's Chicagonut that isn't abiding. He keeps going off topic with no ramifications. Now, who is SPECIAL?
I'm a she and not a he and you have been reported again. Keep it up! Oh, I'm sorry Mr. Moderator for correcting you that I am a she and not a he, afterall that is so off topic.
 
Old 06-24-2011, 08:53 PM
 
403 posts, read 281,331 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
But so true...Where the Gospel is proclaimed and believed, great advancements in society, freedom and culture take place.
How do you feel about the Dark Ages?
 
Old 06-24-2011, 08:54 PM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,318,099 times
Reputation: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elián González View Post
Didn't the 1st amendment clarify some things?

I may have to check again, but I thought it did
The Constitution was not written for a theocracy, nor was that it's originally intent. It was written to guard against Governments intrusion into their freedom found in Christ and to insure that the faith of the Gospel would flourish, not be extinguished.

Obviously, when a culture later arose that forgot, or were ignorant, of the principals of it's founding faith, the opposite occurred. The Constitution become a document to limit the faith of the Gospel rather than proclaim it.

The original principals and ideals of our Constitution were framed, written and debated at length by those who had a deep faith in Christ and wanted to protect that freedom at all cost..

Read the bio's of the founding Father's and you'll get to know them and what they thought.
 
Old 06-24-2011, 08:55 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,840,521 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Maybe you should start by getting with the program and realizing that they do pay taxes. Then, consider that most likely, they would gladly become fully legal to ensure not having to worry about being deported, losing out of work, being separated from their family, etc. etc. Do you have any evidence that they want to remain illegal? I asked Benicar this earlier and she dodged. Any other forum I frequent would enact bans on these dubious claims without proof.
Correction: You accused me of saying they didn’t want to become legal. I corrected you then, so why continue to twist my words? No, they ONLY want legalization. Then, they can remain here, and continue to fleece U.S. taxpayers without the fear of deportation. They certainly have no desire to assimilate.
 
Old 06-24-2011, 08:56 PM
 
118 posts, read 80,343 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Maybe you can PROVE to me that they pay taxes. You are making an unfounded claim in your first sentence, giving your opinion in the second and third and complaining about dubious claims in your last sentence.

Talk about hypocrisy.
Seems you're a bit late to the show. It's actually been proven all over this forum. It's been conceded long ago. You may want to do a bit of reading to catch up.

Do Illegal Immigrants Pay Taxes? « The Other Side of Immigration
 
Old 06-24-2011, 08:57 PM
 
951 posts, read 617,811 times
Reputation: 89
Sweet. I can reference this when we hear how they won't become legal and learn the language and such.
 
Old 06-24-2011, 08:57 PM
 
403 posts, read 281,331 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
The Constitution was not written for a theocracy, nor was that it's originally intent. It was written to guard against Governments intrusion into their freedom found in Christ and to insure that the faith of the Gospel would flourish, not be extinguished.

Obviously, when a culture later arose that forgot, or were ignorant, of the principals of it's founding faith, the opposite occurred. The Constitution become a document to limit the faith of the Gospel rather than proclaim it.

The original principals and ideals of our Constitution were framed, written and debated at length by those who had a deep faith in Christ and wanted to protect that freedom at all cost..

Read the bio's of the founding Father's and you'll get to know them and what they thought.
Yeah like 6 of them were Diests, they thought the Christian Bible was retarded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top