Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2011, 08:00 PM

118 posts, read 95,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post

PLEASE SHOW ME WHERE I SAID ALL ILLEGALS ARE MEXICAN.
You didn't. Some of the anti-illegals did. In fact, i think it was Eleanor1 to be exact. Take it up with her.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:01 PM

403 posts, read 333,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
The Constitution was not written for a theocracy, nor was that it's originally intent. It was written to guard against Governments intrusion into their freedom found in Christ and to insure that the faith of the Gospel would flourish, not be extinguished.

Obviously, when a culture later arose that forgot, or were ignorant, of the principals of it's founding faith, the opposite occurred. The Constitution become a document to limit the faith of the Gospel rather than proclaim it.

The original principals and ideals of our Constitution were framed, written and debated at length by those who had a deep faith in Christ and wanted to protect that freedom at all cost..

Read the bio's of the founding Father's and you'll get to know them and what they thought.
You really need to read The Age of Reason.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:02 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
How do you feel about the Dark Ages?
You'll need to ask the Pope (I'm serious too). It was a very dark period at which time the Gospel was not being proclaimed to the world through the Church. It was essentially a hidden period in the Church age.

Consequently, the Reformation was born in 1517 when Luther nailed his Theses to the Castle Church door in Wittenberg, Germany.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:16 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,866,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elián González View Post
You didn't. Some of the anti-illegals did. In fact, i think it was Eleanor1 to be exact. Take it up with her.

Then why are you putting it in a response to my quote? I am NOT responsible for the worlds population. I do my best to help out fellow citizens by paying taxes and giving to charities. Do Not put words in my mouth again!!! I am taking it up with you!!!

Old 06-24-2011, 08:23 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,554,889 times
Quote:
Why don’t you quote the post? Rather than “thinking” it was her.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
You really need to read The Age of Reason.
Thomas Paine really had nothing new to say in terms of critical thinking or thought. Solomon had already testified (in Ecclesiastes) to the folly of Paine's thinking 2,300 years prior, or so. What Paine needed was the mind of Christ, a mind born of the Spirit, not the foolish reasonings of the flesh.

You really should read the scriptures...

Old 06-24-2011, 08:29 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,866,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Why don’t you quote the post? Rather than “thinking” it was her.

Exactly!!!!

What a generalization!

And that is exactly what he was accusing me of. It gets old.

Let's see if he can come up with the quote or if it was just a generalization (attack) against Eleanor1.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Yeah like 6 of them were Diests, they thought the Christian Bible was retarded.
Perhaps some, but that was a small minority of the total group. Here is a list of the faith of America's founding Fathers:

Religion of the Founding Fathers of America

Overwhelming majority of the Protestant Faith. Catholic's and others were virtually non existent.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:50 PM

951 posts, read 745,185 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Exactly!!!!
What a generalization!

And that is exactly what he was accusing me of. It gets old.

Let's see if he can come up with the quote or if it was just a generalization (attack) against Eleanor1.
I'll just put this here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Over 50% ARE Mexican! OMG! Is the truth really that offensive to you? I've called illegals Mexicans. More than half are. That is normal English language usage.

Old 06-24-2011, 09:02 PM

403 posts, read 333,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Thomas Paine really had nothing new to say in terms of critical thinking or thought. Solomon had already testified (in Ecclesiastes) to the folly of Paine's thinking 2,300 years prior, or so. What Paine needed was the mind of Christ, a mind born of the Spirit, not the foolish reasonings of the flesh.

You really should read the scriptures...
Um why exactly was Paine's folly in thinking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration