U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-24-2011, 09:04 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Reputation: 601

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Blacks in Africa wish to retain their position of being in the majority because it is THEIR country...
That's the first I have heard Africa called a "country" since Palin was running for President (no, she was)...

You left a "South" off or something...

Oh, watch "Cry Freedom" specific to that, and your other ethnic/country guesses...

 
Old 06-24-2011, 09:20 PM
 
Location: Dalton Gardens
2,798 posts, read 5,360,350 times
Reputation: 1570
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
That's the first I have heard Africa called a "country" since Palin was running for President (no, she was)...

You left a "South" off or something...

Oh, watch "Cry Freedom" specific to that, and your other ethnic/country guesses...
WHAT...EVER...! I'm assuming you got the general gist of it.
 
Old 06-24-2011, 09:38 PM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,312,888 times
Reputation: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
Um why exactly was Paine's folly in thinking?
It was rather an absence of that which brings proper thinking.

1. Not being born of the Spirit (Joh 3:5).
2. Not having the mind of Christ to guide his most inner being and thoughts (1 Co 2:16).
3. No fear of God before him (Ecc 12:13-14, Luk 12:5).
 
Old 06-24-2011, 09:49 PM
 
403 posts, read 280,669 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
It was rather an absence of that which brings proper thinking.

1. Not being born of the Spirit (Joh 3:5).
2. Not having the mind of Christ to guide his most inner being and thoughts (1 Co 2:16).
3. No fear of God before him (Ecc 12:13-14, Luk 12:5).
I weep for your children... (and your wife for that matter: Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
1 Corinthians 14:34-35)

Hey Benicar, how do you feel about this part of our Protestant heritage? Actually, better let your husband answer...
 
Old 06-24-2011, 09:56 PM
 
403 posts, read 280,669 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
It was rather an absence of that which brings proper thinking.
I want to quote this again for emphasis. Anyone with two braincells plz consider what this he is actually saying here. People who are super religious, don't think about it, it'll all be ok, God will protect you from the scary illegal immigrants.
 
Old 06-24-2011, 09:58 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
I weep for your children... (and your wife for that matter: Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
1 Corinthians 14:34-35)

Hey Benicar, how do you feel about this part of our Protestant heritage? Actually, better let your husband answer...
I have been a Protestant (Baptist/AME) all of my life. I canít speak for others, but I have never been subservient to a man. Wait a minute. . . Who was the first person to see Jesus after his resurrection? Hmmm. . .
 
Old 06-24-2011, 10:05 PM
 
403 posts, read 280,669 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I have been a Protestant (Baptist/AME) all of my life. I canít speak for others, but I have never been subservient to a man. Wait a minute. . . Who was the first person to see Jesus after his resurrection? Hmmm. . .
Hey that's cool, just as long as you don't speak up in
Church lest you embarrass any men that know you...
 
Old 06-24-2011, 10:10 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
Hey that's cool, just as long as you don't speak up in
Church lest you embarrass any men that know you...
Sorry, but in my church women are very vocal and involved. And, I donít mean preparing meals for the pastor and other men in the congregation. I get the impression you have never actually attended a church, at least not a black one.
 
Old 06-24-2011, 10:22 PM
 
403 posts, read 280,669 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Sorry, but in my church women are very vocal and involved. And, I donít mean preparing meals for the pastor and other men in the congregation. I get the impression you have never actually attended a church, at least not a black one.
I actually have... ...and I've actually read the Bible, and it
Definitely says women are supposed to keep quiet in church because they will embarrass their men. Sorry if they never covered those verses while you were there.
 
Old 06-24-2011, 10:26 PM
 
403 posts, read 280,669 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Perhaps some, but that was a small minority of the total group. Here is a list of the faith of America's founding Fathers:

Religion of the Founding Fathers of America

Overwhelming majority of the Protestant Faith. Catholic's and others were virtually non existent.
How do you think God feels that these upstanding Proteatants pushed native Amwricans out of their rightful homeland to form
This country? Doesn't that contradict the verses you quoted earlier about god giving man dominion over the lands he was entitled to or some such? Perhaps this "invasion" as your compadres put it is a direct result of
The actions of the members of the Heritage you are so proud of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top