U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2011, 11:27 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,332,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
I weep for your children... (and your wife for that matter: Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
1 Corinthians 14:34-35)

Hey Benicar, how do you feel about this part of our Protestant heritage? Actually, better let your husband answer...
Are you kidding...? Have you never read: "Husbands, love your wife even as Christ loved the Church".

Jesus died for the Church, and in like manner I give my life for both my wife and my children each day. They know it and I know it. (Joh 15:13).

Ask the absentee fathers in this country if they do the same for their wife and children. Then ask them what faith they belong to, if any.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:44 PM

82 posts, read 74,373 times
Quote:
How do you think God feels that these upstanding Proteatants pushed native Amwricans out of their rightful homeland to form
This country?
'Push' is kind of the wrong word. My ancestors killed a bunch of perfectly good Indians to get what they have.

You can certainly argue whether, for instance, the Navajo have any more right to where they live than my family does. But whoever ends up with property was usually bound to take at least a few scalps to get it.

Now, giving up a place without a fight? That's just wrong.

Really, that's the heart of this entire argument.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:47 PM

403 posts, read 283,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRavenSpeaks View Post
'Push' is kind of the wrong word. My ancestors killed a bunch of perfectly good Indians to get what they have.

You can certainly argue whether, for instance, the Navajo have any more right to where they live than my family does. But whoever ends up with property was usually bound to take at least a few scalps to get it.

Might makes right!!!! Caveman logic, ftw!

Old 06-24-2011, 11:49 PM

403 posts, read 283,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Are you kidding...? Have you never read: "Husbands, love your wife even as Christ loved the Church".

Jesus died for the Church, and in like manner I give my life for both my wife and my children each day. They know it and I know it. (Joh 15:13).

Ask the absentee fathers in this country if they do the same for their wife and children. Then ask them what faith they belong to, if any.
I mean, I have, but I also read that passage from first Corinthians and I was confused, seems like a conflict, unless, of course, that loving your wife includes subjugating her in public.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:50 PM

36 posts, read 14,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post

Part of loving your wife is making sure she shuts the heck up when you are in church. Bible says so. I mean she isnt being very loving if she embarrasses you by talking in church.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:51 PM

36 posts, read 14,832 times
Quote:

He asked you how you think God felt, not how you felt.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:00 AM

Quote:
How do you think God feels that these upstanding Proteatants pushed native Amwricans out of their rightful homeland to form
This country? Doesn't that contradict the verses you quoted earlier about god giving man dominion over the lands he was entitled to or some such? Perhaps this "invasion" as your compadres put it is a direct result of
The actions of the members of the Heritage you are so proud of?
Actually, all nations established on earth are the direct result of God's sovereignty over both the earth and man, not man's sovereignty over the land. All nations, including the people of those nations, come and go, as God sees fit.

History is simply the unfolding of God's providence over both.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:04 AM

82 posts, read 74,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltronRoad View Post
He asked you how you think God felt, not how you felt.
God and I see largely eye to eye on such matters.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltronRoad View Post
Part of loving your wife is making sure she shuts the heck up when you are in church. Bible says so. I mean she isnt being very loving if she embarrasses you by talking in church.
My wife loves Jesus and does so by obeying His teachings. Not mine.

Obeying Christ is the most simple thing a man and woman can do while living together as one. The results are the Spirit's fruit in our lives:

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:07 AM

192 posts, read 92,689 times
Quote:
God and I see largely eye to eye on such matters.
Talked to any burning bushes lately?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or