U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-24-2011, 04:40 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 6,147,718 times
Reputation: 2119
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
I'm not advocating those things either. I want the Government to be equal and fair to all of it's citizens. If an illegal alien mother can receive food stamps, medical care and housing for her US born children, I want every American mother to have the exact same benefits, regardless of income or need.

If one group is entitled to affirmative action, I want all to be entitled to the same benefits and rights, regardless of color, their income, perceived "disparity" among groups, etc.

It's really simple. If we're going to achieve a race neutral America than we need to remove all race related questions from the census data, right? What good are the questions other than to promote further racism?

Remove race questions from Government job applications and college applications too. Forget race and diversity completely. It's only fostering more racism and animosity between people.
As for me, I'd like to ask if fences are so wrong then why do most of us have them around our homes? Why is there one around the White House? Why is Mexico building one on their southern border?

 
Old 06-24-2011, 04:43 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 6,147,718 times
Reputation: 2119
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Yeah, that was a bit of an "Eowynism"...

But it kind of rules against any legal immigration too, huh?...

Unless you buy into that whole Manifest Destiny thing...

God's will is what happens...
I disagree. My belief is that God gave us all a free will and he doesn't interfere with our personal choices but he has made rules about what type of behavior is acceptable by the Ten Commandments and many of his other teachings.
 
Old 06-24-2011, 04:45 PM
 
403 posts, read 138,678 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
First: To not commit adultery or fornication with your maid.
Second: To love and care for your children as yourself.

Is this what you're referring to?
Lol, sure.

Hey, you know Thomas Paine, the guy that wrote 'Common Sense' and was one of the more influential founding fathers? Well he wrote another book titled 'The Age of Reason' it's a great read, I suggest you check it out.


Btw, you were aware that Thomas Jefferson, the founding father who's part of your esteemed heritage fathered 6 love-children with one of his slaves, right? However, I'm not sure what their immigration status was because this was pre 14th amendment, obv, but it doesn't sound like they were assimilated very well at all considering that is something white protestant men ever do.
 
Old 06-24-2011, 04:48 PM
 
403 posts, read 138,678 times
Reputation: 60
Jefferson Anchor babies, ftw!
 
Old 06-24-2011, 05:04 PM
 
2,526 posts, read 1,336,188 times
Reputation: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
As for me, I'd like to ask if fences are so wrong then why do most of us have them around our homes? Why is there one around the White House? Why is Mexico building one on their southern border?
We need the military on the border. If a fence helps them do their job, that's fine too.

We also need laws and strict consequences for those who violate the laws. Our jails and penal system have become a travesty of injustice. Law breakers should be placed into compulsory servitude (sold to the highest bidder) until the offenders debt to society (or the offended party) is paid off.

If laws were written and enforced there would be no need for fences, door locks or other preventative measures.

Jails and penitentiaries would be a thing of the past. They're worthless. No one profits from them except those who build them and maintain them.
 
Old 06-24-2011, 05:14 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,305 posts, read 1,858,268 times
Reputation: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
...Jails and penitentiaries would be a thing of the past. They're worthless. No one profits from them except those who build them and maintain them.
And especially whom privatizes them...

America, more than a million behind bars...

Business is booming...
 
Old 06-24-2011, 05:27 PM
 
2,526 posts, read 1,336,188 times
Reputation: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
Lol, sure.

Hey, you know Thomas Paine, the guy that wrote 'Common Sense' and was one of the more influential founding fathers? Well he wrote another book titled 'The Age of Reason' it's a great read, I suggest you check it out.
The teachings of secular humanism? I'm familiar with it, it's really of no value to me.

Quote:
Btw, you were aware that Thomas Jefferson, the founding father who's part of your esteemed heritage fathered 6 love-children with one of his slaves, right? However, I'm not sure what their immigration status was because this was pre 14th amendment, obv, but it doesn't sound like they were assimilated very well at all considering that is something white protestant men ever do.
I'm sure many of our nations founding fathers did many things contrary to Christ's words. And if you search hard enough, you'll uncover them. Rest assured, they'll stand before Christ, just like you and I will, and give an account for everything they said and did.

Heb 4:13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

I wouldn't be too hard on Thomas Jefferson though:

Mat 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

All of this is part of my Protestant upbringing though. It's obvious you come from a different culture.
 
Old 06-24-2011, 05:29 PM
 
2,526 posts, read 1,336,188 times
Reputation: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
And especially whom privatizes them...

America, more than a million behind bars...

Business is booming...
I agree with you, it's a crime, especially against the tax payer who has to fund it.
 
Old 06-24-2011, 05:32 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 6,147,718 times
Reputation: 2119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
Lol, sure.

Hey, you know Thomas Paine, the guy that wrote 'Common Sense' and was one of the more influential founding fathers? Well he wrote another book titled 'The Age of Reason' it's a great read, I suggest you check it out.


Btw, you were aware that Thomas Jefferson, the founding father who's part of your esteemed heritage fathered 6 love-children with one of his slaves, right? However, I'm not sure what their immigration status was because this was pre 14th amendment, obv, but it doesn't sound like they were assimilated very well at all considering that is something white protestant men ever do.
What? White protestant men don't assimilate? Do you even know what you are talking about?
 
Old 06-24-2011, 05:33 PM
 
118 posts, read 39,193 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You do when you quote comments not ascribed to him, which you did. Furthermore, I didn’t realize it is racist to acknowledge Caucasian heritage.
It is when one embraces the racial aspects of said heritage. Notice he hasn't distanced himself at all from his initial alignment.

Quote:
You’re race-baiting. Please stop. This is not a thread about the treatment of Black Americans.
Btw...the thread wasn't about american HERITAGE either. Anyone who claims that is open to be questioned, especially when citing the founding fathers. But I'm sure he'll take your reprimand in stride.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top