U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-24-2011, 05:55 PM
 
118 posts, read 80,129 times
Reputation: 21

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Jefferson, unlike the illegals, had the means and wherewith all to feed his children, clothe them, provide jobs for them (on the plantations), home school them and may have even left an inheritance for them, without WIC (or whatever those welfare cards are called)!

How many illegals do that with their children, and do it well?
Wow...

results of slave rape, letting kids sleep in slave quarters(usually dingy) and do slave labor = good parenting. Not only that, but illegals should aspire to that.

wow.

 
Old 06-24-2011, 05:57 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Yes, America was, as you say, a nation of White male landowners, as it is to this very day. That too is part of my American heritage and culture.
And this precisely what irks these pro-illegals. I guess Hispanics being the majority in 22 countries on the Western Hemisphere isn't enough for them. They want to be the majority in this one also. Whitey isn't allowed to be the majority in any nation on this side of the world because it is racist, haven't you heard. What's next, Canada?
 
Old 06-24-2011, 05:59 PM
 
403 posts, read 280,669 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What? White protestant men don't assimilate? Do you even know what you are talking about?
It's highly likely that Thomas Jefferson was not a Protestant.
 
Old 06-24-2011, 06:05 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
It's highly likely that Thomas Jefferson was not a Protestant.
So what? We have always had freedom of religion in this country. We don't have just one religion. Even back then even though the first immigrants were mostly Protestant it had nothing to do with assimiation. You are grasping at straws now, aren't you? Why do you keep dragging up the past, especially anything negative about white people? Agenda, much?
 
Old 06-24-2011, 06:07 PM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,312,888 times
Reputation: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elián González View Post
And these many things contrary to christ's words are part of your heritage that you proudly claim.
Yes, though I don't claim them proudly, I acknowledge them as part of my heritage.

Nonetheless, with America's shortcomings acknowledged, I've been fortunate to have traveled and experienced most other cultures on this earth as well. And of all the cultures on this earth, those founded upon the Christian Protestant faith have been the recipients of God's grace ten fold more than all the other heathen nations combined.

I make no apologies for being an American. America upon it's founding was a beacon of light to the rest of the world. However, it is fast losing that light.
 
Old 06-24-2011, 06:14 PM
 
118 posts, read 80,129 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post

The past is the past. Our founding fathers weren't saints and there was a lot of racism and discrimination back then but they also left behind our Constitution and Bill of Rights. So it wasn't all bad. You and yours swear by the birthright citizenship amendment but then flame those who wrote it?

.
You mean the 14th amendment? You do realize the founding fathers didn't write, present or ratify that, right?
 
Old 06-24-2011, 06:17 PM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,312,888 times
Reputation: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elián González View Post
Wow...

results of slave rape, letting kids sleep in slave quarters(usually dingy) and do slave labor = good parenting. Not only that, but illegals should aspire to that.

wow.
You're bringing a lot of charges against Jefferson here. Do you know for a fact that all these allegations are true? The least you can do is keep such accusations to yourself, until you yourself stand before Christ (who knows all things) and then make the charges.

Believe me, you'll have your opportunity to do just that...
 
Old 06-24-2011, 06:18 PM
 
118 posts, read 80,129 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Since most pro-illegals like smearing white people as racists, etc. I thought you might like to know that she isn't white and she isn't a "he" which you keep calling her. Do you have to make an argument out of everything?
When did I say White people are racist?

btw...Since you brought it up. I'm sorry, but Benicar's race isn't relevant to the topic, is it? Please stay on topic. Ty
 
Old 06-24-2011, 06:22 PM
 
118 posts, read 80,129 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
You're bringing a lot of charges against Jefferson here. Do you know for a fact that all these allegations are true? The least you can do is keep such accusations to yourself, until you yourself stand before Christ (who knows all things) and then make the charges.

Believe me, you'll have your opportunity to do just that...
Just as many are bringing a lot of charges against Mexicans. I'm sure they'll heed your warning too.
 
Old 06-24-2011, 06:22 PM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,312,888 times
Reputation: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
It's highly likely that Thomas Jefferson was not a Protestant.
I don't believe he was either. I think he was a Deist. However, the majority of the founding fathers, as well as those who initially arrived here from Europe were of the protestant faith.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top