Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 05:34 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
And especially whom privatizes them...

America, more than a million behind bars...

Business is booming...
Yeah, well do you have a better solution? Perhaps execute them all or just let them all back into society to continue with their crimes?

Old 06-24-2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elián González View Post
It is when one embraces the racial aspects of said heritage. Notice he hasn't distanced himself at all from his initial alignment.

Btw...the thread wasn't about american HERITAGE either. Anyone who claims that is open to be questioned, especially when citing the founding fathers. But I'm sure he'll take your reprimand in stride.
I guess you don't realize that Benicar is a black American female citizen, do you?

Old 06-24-2011, 05:38 PM

118 posts, read 95,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Now you are really being obstinant. It is common knowledge that when Christ referred to "all men" in the Bible that he was referring to the human race both male and female.
It's also common knowledge that when the founding fathers said "all men" they really weren't referring to anyone beyond White male landowners.

Btw...this thread isn't about christ or biblical references. Please stay on topic.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:40 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,937,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
Jefferson Anchor babies, ftw!
To compare Thomas Jefferson to an illegal alien border jumper is humorous but perhaps offensive as well.

Jefferson, unlike the illegals, had the means and wherewith all to feed his children, clothe them, provide jobs for them (on the plantations), home school them and may have even left an inheritance for them, without WIC (or whatever those welfare cards are called)!

How many illegals do that with their children, and do it well?

Old 06-24-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
I'm sure many of our nations founding fathers did many things contrary to Christ's words. And if you search hard enough, you'll uncover them. Rest assured, they'll stand before Christ, just like you and I will, and give an account for everything they said and did.
And these many things contrary to christ's words are part of your heritage that you proudly claim.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
It's also common knowledge that when the founding fathers said "all men" they really weren't referring to anyone beyond White male landowners.

Btw...this thread isn't about christ or biblical references. Please stay on topic.
Just who do you think you are in here? I didn't bring up the subject of Christ or the Bible in here, someone else did. I merely replied to their remarks. You aren't a moderator in here so don't tell me to stay on topic either!

The past is the past. Our founding fathers weren't saints and there was a lot of racism and discrimination back then but they also left behind our Constitution and Bill of Rights. So it wasn't all bad. You and yours swear by the birthright citizenship amendment but then flame those who wrote it?

We have come a long ways since racism was rampant. Too bad you are unwilling to acknowledge that. Just because many whites were racists back then doesn't mean that is the way we are today. Not that racism is completely gone today but now it isn't just whites who are racists.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
I guess you don't realize that Benicar is a black American female citizen, do you?
And that's relevant because ?

I mean, does it matter if other posters here are Mexican-American, bilingual citizens that may prefer Spanish over English? Oh wait, here ya go->

Old 06-24-2011, 05:52 PM

403 posts, read 334,000 times
Quote:
Just who do you think you are in here? I didn't bring up the subject of Christ or the Bible in here, someone else did. I merely replied to their remarks. You aren't a moderator in here so don't tell me to stay on topic either!

The past is the past. Our founding fathers weren't saints and there was a lot of racism and discrimination back then but they also left behind our Constitution and Bill of Rights. So it wasn't all bad. You and yours swear by the birthright citizenship amendment but then flame those who wrote it?

We have come a long ways since racism was rampant. Too bad you are unwilling to acknowledge that. Just because many whites were racists back then doesn't mean that is the way we are today. Not that racism is completely gone today but now it isn't just whites who are racists.
You're right, the past is the past. It's time to cast aside our White Protestant American heritage and embrace our new Latin heritage! ¡Viva Chicanos!

Old 06-24-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
And that's relevant because ?

I mean, does it matter if other posters here are Mexican-American, bilingual citizens that may prefer Spanish over English? Oh wait, here ya go->
Since most pro-illegals like smearing white people as racists, etc. I thought you might like to know that she isn't white and she isn't a "he" which you keep calling her. Do you have to make an argument out of everything?

Old 06-24-2011, 05:54 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,937,042 times
Quote:

Yes, America was, as you say, a nation of White male landowners, as it is to this very day. That too is part of my American heritage and culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration