Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2011, 06:47 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Why is it important for them? Why must we care what they think or do? We are America, not China, not Mexico. We hold ourselves to higher standards, or so I thought.
I see, so objecting to our basic identity being altered via illegal immigration is not holding ourselves up to a higher standard? As usual, you wouldn't really answer the question because you know it is hypocricy at its best. The USA should have every right to retain its natural identity just as much as any other country does. It has nothing to do with higher standards but pure stupidity and hypocricy by those who think the way that you do.

Last edited by chicagonut; 06-24-2011 at 07:19 PM..

Old 06-24-2011, 06:50 PM

951 posts, read 745,222 times
So let me see if I get this right:

Our basic identity as a country is "white protestant"?
You don't want that ruined by all the Hispanics coming?

Old 06-24-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:

No, you got it wrong as usual.

Religion has nothing to do with it. Whites belong to many different religions But the fact is that racially whites are the majority. It is about coming illegally and most illegals are Hispanics/Latinos/Mexicans. Which will change the demographics if allowed to continue unabated. That is what I like about "legal" immigration with diversity quotas.

Old 06-24-2011, 06:58 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,374 times
Quote:
wat?
Do you agree that America's founding culture and heritage was White and protestant?

The Protestant faith of this country is what is most important here. Not the color of the founding fathers skin. It just so happened that white Europe is where the Protestant Reformation took hold (Calvin and Luther 1500's) before making its way to America.

It was that faith that landed on the North American soil. Many Americans are completely ignorant of those who founded this nation.

As a matter of fact America's leading institutions were founded by the Protestant churches: Harvard, Yale and Princeton, as examples were originally founded by Presbyterians!

In-fact these Calvinists (Presbyterians within the Protestant faith) played a significant role in America's founding principals and ideals.

CALVINISM IN AMERICA

Old 06-24-2011, 06:59 PM

951 posts, read 745,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Do you agree that America's founding culture and heritage was White and protestant?

The Protestant faith of this country is what is most important here. Not the color of the founding fathers skin. It just so happened that white Europe is where the Protestant Reformation took hold (Calvin and Luther 1500's) before making its way to America.

It was that faith that landed on the North American soil. Many Americans are completely ignorant of those who founded this nation.

As a matter of fact America's leading institutions were founded by the Protestant churches: Harvard, Yale and Princeton, as examples were originally founded by Presbyterians!

In-fact these Calvinists (Presbyterians within the Protestant faith) played a significant role in America's founding principals and ideals.

CALVINISM IN AMERICA
coolstorybro - im talking about how chicagonut's post apparently wasn't racist but his was

Old 06-24-2011, 07:00 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,374 times
Quote:

Let me ask you, are the Hispanics of the protestant faith and culture? The color of their skin is irrelevant to me, unless that is important to you.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:05 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,866,889 times
Quote:

We have an immigration system in place to keep track of who is granted citizenship in this country. It is in place to keep some semblance of balance regarding jobs and population control.

When people migrate legally here they have to prove financial viability. They have to have job skills that are in short supply in this nation. They also need to have enough English literacy to function in our society.

If you want to argue primarily for the Hispanic illegals then you may want to communicate to them that standing in the streets chanting that they are here to "take back" their country probably doesn't do much to further their agenda. And they need a history lesson. But when you open your eyes and realize that there are illegals here from many countries it kind of seems that those only standing up for the Hispanics may be the racists.

This country has been predominately white since it's inception. Anyone that has a problem with that may want to study the demographics and pick the country that best suits them.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:09 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,845,833 times
Quote:
...America upon it's founding was a beacon of light to the rest of the world. However, it is fast losing that light.
As that White Protestant heritage fades and becomes diluted?...

Shades of Westboro Baptist Church...

Wait, I've heard this theme before...

Old 06-24-2011, 07:11 PM

118 posts, read 95,500 times
Quote:
Your comments are truly racist here. Why are you making this a white vs brown thing concerning America's founding culture?
First off, let's see the whole quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut
And this precisely what irks these pro-illegals. I guess Hispanics being the majority in 22 countries on the Western Hemisphere isn't enough for them. They want to be the majority in this one also. Whitey isn't allowed to be the majority in any nation on this side of the world because it is racist, haven't you heard. What's next, Canada?
Originally Posted by Elián González
Why is it so important to you for there to be a White majority? Is this out of some irrational fear or something? Is this the base of your whole argument? Preserving "Whitey" as the majority? Really?

Well, there ya go. You could've saved a ton of time and just said that from the beginning.
Racist comments? Someone brought up Whitey not having enough world representation. hmmm...

Quote:
The discussion is about America's founding heritage and culture. It was founded as a white and protestant nation. It's a fact. Research it. It is what it is. Do you dislike that part of American heritage and culture?
If you research it a bit more, you'll also find there was definitely a White-Brown thing happening in the culture that formed the heritage. That's a fact. Research it. It's a part of American heritage and culture I really dislike.

More importantly, the discussion is about a Texas senator outraged about Spanish testimony. Please stay on topic.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
coolstorybro - im talking about how chicagonut's post apparently wasn't racist but his was
Oh, please do point out the parts of my post that were racist. I will be waiting with baited breath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration