U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 05:08 PM

1,891 posts, read 2,179,360 times

Advertisements

I read somewhere WIC doesn't require citizenship?

Old 06-26-2011, 05:24 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
I read somewhere WIC doesn't require citizenship?
It doesn't. It's why "anchor babies" are so lucrative also, the mother doesn't have to be a citizen or legally here but can show up in the welfare office to colleect WIC, food stamps, Medicaid and all else that goes with the welfare life.

Having the baby doesn't cost the illegal mother a dime but the baby brings in more than she could have ever imagined back home.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It doesn't. It's why "anchor babies" are so lucrative also, the mother doesn't have to be a citizen or legally here but can show up in the welfare office to colleect WIC, food stamps, Medicaid and all else that goes with the welfare life.

Having the baby doesn't cost the illegal mother a dime but the baby brings in more than she could have ever imagined back home.
That's what I thought.

Unless WIC imposes citizenship requirements, ANYONE IN THE WORLD CAN COLLECT FROM US.

Put a stop to this!

Old 06-26-2011, 05:33 PM

Stopping all welfare handouts of all kinds would certainly put a damper on illegal immigration. If the anchor babies didn't guarantee the extended clan legal status and all kinds of welfare benefits, if the illegal parents had to carry the debt of the hospital stay, have their credit destroyed, and if the illegals weren't given welfare handouts to subsidize the low wages they are paid, then many would find it too difficult to make ends meet here, certainly they couldn't afford to be having far more children and at such young ages as they currently do.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Stopping all welfare handouts of all kinds would certainly put a damper on illegal immigration. If the anchor babies didn't guarantee the extended clan legal status and all kinds of welfare benefits, if the illegal parents had to carry the debt of the hospital stay, have their credit destroyed, and if the illegals weren't given welfare handouts to subsidize the low wages they are paid, then many would find it too difficult to make ends meet here, certainly they couldn't afford to be having far more children and at such young ages as they currently do.
Right. That would hamper their ability to manipulate us greatly.

I propose ALL forms of welfare/handouts to require citizenship of the applicant and their families who may benefit from welfare, not just their anchor babies. If ANYONE in the family is not a citizen...denied. Also, require drug testing.

Waaaaahh, but...But what? YOU ARE ASKING THE GOVERNMENT FOR FREE MONEY. You're giving yourself up to the government. You have no right to cry there.

Really bugs me when they are actually getting something for nothing. This shouldn't be how it works.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
Right. That would hamper their ability to manipulate us greatly.

I propose ALL forms of welfare/handouts to require citizenship of the applicant and their families who may benefit from welfare, not just their anchor babies. If ANYONE in the family is not a citizen...denied. Also, require drug testing.

Waaaaahh, but...But what? YOU ARE ASKING THE GOVERNMENT FOR FREE MONEY. You're giving yourself up to the government. You have no right to cry there.

Really bugs me when they are actually getting something for nothing. This shouldn't be how it works.
It's one of the big problems with the food stamp and Medicaid programs.

With social security and Medicare, there is a citizenship or legal resident requirement but also the requirement that someone paid in and is above a certain age. People can't (at least yet) just show up from any where and expect to be given these programs but Medicaid, food stamps, WIC are essentially open to anyone in the world if they just come here and give birth.

No prior record of ever having worked here is even needed to qualify. Just a birth.

Old 06-27-2011, 03:51 PM

118 posts, read 80,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Here's the study:

http://pewhispanic.org/files/reports/107.pdf

They discuss their methodology and sources as well.
Just in case Malmute missed this citation. Sorry it's not as convenient as reading The Blaze or watching a Foxnews sound bite

Old 06-27-2011, 04:23 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Citation needed. This anchor baby theory is funny. Do you know we established last night that even though females outnumber males in LEGAL immigration, men far outnumber the women as far as illegal immigration goes? That kind of blows your "they only come to have dem anchor babeez" garbage out of the water since I'd imagine most would have to be, you know, child bearing women.
The male/female ratio is irrelevant. What’s important is the fact that illegals have given birth to more than 4 million babies. Obviously, a sufficient number of illegal women are here.

Old 06-27-2011, 04:33 PM

106 posts, read 215,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elián González View Post
Just in case Malmute missed this citation. Sorry it's not as convenient as reading The Blaze or watching a Foxnews sound bite
Ha ha ha only 8 million in the "workforce".

The more I read junk from that site the more I am surprised they are nutz enough to have Hispanic in the title. Just a small hint of what's inside.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The male/female ratio is irrelevant. What’s important is the fact that illegals have given birth to more than 4 million babies. Obviously, a sufficient number of illegal women are here.
Yes, not only are there a very significant number of illegal women breeding like rabbits here, a very significant number of women are abandoned by their men who left them to come here.

Only the most avid open borders proponents can believe it's a great thing to have so many fathers living far from their wives and children, that many women are left alone to tend to their families -- and that money is more important than a father in the home helping to raise his kids.

But as I live on the border, I also know how many easily cross the borders to head straight to the hospital to give birth -- and it's like winning the lottery for them. They never did work a day in their lives here and now they never will work a day in their lives anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or