U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 07:25 PM

951 posts, read 617,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
my friends and I dont commit ID theft, tax evasion, tax fraud, drive without a license or in an uninsured card. Lets try to keep it real.
So you're not really for the rule of law then is what you are saying?

Old 06-25-2011, 07:34 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,160,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Yeah maybe it's just me but when you start losing friends and civil rights groups are actually out protesting these laws maybe, just maybe it's a cause for concern.
It sure is, especially when they are masking themselves as a civil rights group and illegal immigration has nothing to do with civil rights. It is cause for concern when some Americans march right along with illegal aliens and stick up for them instead of the laws and the citizens of this country. Thanks, for admitting that.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:39 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,160,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltronRoad View Post
I assume you and your friends have never jaywalked, littered, or broken the speed limit, right? I mean we are for the RULE OF LAW!
The same old ridiculous arguments to justify illegal foreigners violating our borders and our soveirgnty as a nation.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:31 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,900,571 times
Quote:
So you're not really for the rule of law then is what you are saying?
What I am saying is one can not compare the crime of jaywalking to the crimes of an illegal starting with their illegal entry.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:34 PM

Ummm....do you know what rule of law means? I suggest you quit using it if you think that jaywalking is not worth pursuing.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:42 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,714,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltronRoad View Post
I assume you and your friends have never jaywalked, littered, or broken the speed limit, right? I mean we are for the RULE OF LAW!
The comparison of a summary violation (jaywalked, littered, or broken the speed limit) vs that of a criminal violation (Entry Without Inspection, Fraud, etc) doesn't hold water. Your argument is nothing but used up rhetoric.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:50 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,900,571 times
Quote:
Ummm....do you know what rule of law means? I suggest you quit using it if you think that jaywalking is not worth pursuing.
never made the claim I was all about the rule of law.
I said one can not compare the crime of jaywalking to the crimes of an illegal.
Rule of law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
as applied.
I do believe if caught violating the law, regardless of who you are you should be held accountable.
Now if this means for example Jimmy Johnson got caught taking a pack of gum worth.25. He should be made to pay for it and answer for it? Then yes.
Do I believe it is comparable to John Jones robbing a bank? NO but John Jones should be held accountable also. Even if his father is president of the bank.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:51 PM

Sure it is, if you are for the rule of law.

Also, crimes just to get the id required to get a job and murder and rape are nowhere in the same ball park.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:54 PM

35 posts, read 18,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It sure is, especially when they are masking themselves as a civil rights group and illegal immigration has nothing to do with civil rights. It is cause for concern when some Americans march right along with illegal aliens and stick up for them instead of the laws and the citizens of this country. Thanks, for admitting that.
Immigration law has basically everything to do with civil rights.

Do you think poll taxes had nothing to do with civil rights?

How about Jim Crow laws?

What are "civil rights" in your opinion, exactly?

Old 06-25-2011, 08:57 PM

35 posts, read 18,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The same old ridiculous arguments to justify illegal foreigners violating our borders and our soveirgnty as a nation.
So you don't care about THE LAW, you only care about SOME LAWS?

Yes or no, please. I don't want to twist your words here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or