U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-25-2011, 07:58 PM
 
35 posts, read 18,585 times
Reputation: 22

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
What I am saying is one can not compare the crime of jaywalking to the crimes of an illegal starting with their illegal entry.
Why not? I mean, besides the fact that it makes your argument fall apart.

 
Old 06-25-2011, 07:58 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Sure it is, if you are for the rule of law.

Also, crimes just to get the id required to get a job and murder and rape are nowhere in the same ball park.
so which is it.
we can compare a nothing crime like jaywalking to tax fraud/ evasion, Id theft and the host of other crimes the average illegal commits . But cant do the same for other crimes? We only do this if the analogy is of benefit to the illegal?
I'm being serious. I really dont get into the bait and switch antics some on here use.
For me jaywalking although ill advised during rush hour is a harmless crime 99% of the time.
The illegal on the other hand not only commits the crime of illegal entry but then continues to commit a host of others in order to support what he did to begin with.
Now if your saying the jaywalker crossed illegally to steal a pair of running shoes to jaywalk more often and faster, then also started committing other crimes all in the effort to support his jaywalking activities I might see the omparrison.
As it stands? not on the merits of a simple jaywalking.
 
Old 06-25-2011, 08:00 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,596 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
so which is it.
we can compare a nothing crime like jaywalking to tax fraud/ evasion, Id theft and the host of other crimes the average illegal commits . But cant do the same for other crimes? We only do this if the analogy is of benefit to the illegal?
I'm being serious. I really dont get into the bait and switch antics some on here use.
For me jaywalking although ill advised during rush hour is a harmless crime 99% of the time.
The illegal on the other hand not only commits the crime of illegal entry but then continues to commit a host of others in order to support what he did to begin with.
Now if your saying the jaywalker crossed illegally to steal a pair of running shoes to jaywalk more often and faster, then also started committing other crimes all in the effort to support his jaywalking activities I might see the omparrison.
As it stands? not on the merits of a simple jaywalking.
Rule of Law doesn't care which laws are more severe, just that they are laws.


Here's the question, I asked it when you brought up car stealing, and I'm going to bring it up again now that you bring up shoe stealing. What does ID theft and obtaining false SS numbers, you know, the actual crimes immigrants do to get jobs, housing, etc. have to do with stealing shoes or cars?
 
Old 06-25-2011, 08:00 PM
 
35 posts, read 18,585 times
Reputation: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
The comparison of a summary violation (jaywalked, littered, or broken the speed limit) vs that of a criminal violation (Entry Without Inspection, Fraud, etc) doesn't hold water. Your argument is nothing but used up rhetoric.
Oh come on. The difference is only an arbitrary one of degree and both are THE LAW. It would be quite easy to have any of those reclassified as more or less serious offenses.
 
Old 06-25-2011, 08:03 PM
 
Location: Dalton Gardens
2,798 posts, read 5,361,547 times
Reputation: 1570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elián González View Post
Where does this say anything about exchanging child porn?

Do you even realize what the ACLU is defending here?
The ACLU will try to baffle with bulls**t on this issue. They claim that they do not "support" child porn, but are against censorship. So, in actuality, they believe that child pornographers should not be censored. Pretty sick!

Looks like some of their chapter presidents even enjoy it!

Former ACLU Chapter President Arrested for Child Pornography - ABC News
 
Old 06-25-2011, 08:04 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Here's the question, I've asked it when you brought up car stealing, and I'm going to bring it up again now that you bring up shoe stealing. What does ID theft and obtaining false SS numbers, you know, the actual crimes immigrants do to get jobs, housing, etc. have to do with stealing shoes or cars?
hmmm .
The crimes the illegal commits after their illegal entry are what makes their crime far worse than jaywalking.
Essentially jaywalking is just that. It begins and ends with the illegal crossing of a street. Where as the illegal simply begings with an illegal crossing and continues on to commit many more crimes all as a result of their breaking the first law.
In other words the jaywalker need commit no further crimes and in fact I would guess that most don't in connection to jaywalking.
The illegal however, needs to break more laws and does.
Look Im not a lawyer and dont claim to be one. I have pride and I am honest. That would eliminate me from that profession.
Im simple and I admit it. If I have 2 sons. One comes in late for dinner. I may punish him. maybe just scold him.
If the other breaks a window, lies about it adn then sneaks out after he is grounded? You bet he will get the hammer.
 
Old 06-25-2011, 08:06 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,596 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
hmmm .
The crimes the illegal commits after their illegal entry are what makes their crime far worse than jaywalking.
Essentially jaywalking is just that. It begins and ends with the illegal crossing of a street. Where as the illegal simply begings with an illegal crossing and continues on to commit many more crimes all as a result of their breaking the first law.
In other words the jaywalker need commit no further crimes and in fact I would guess that most don't in connection to jaywalking.
The illegal however, needs to break more laws and does.
Crimes other than ID theft and SS numbers to get work & housing? Because like I said like 20 posts ago, making it easier to let them in legally would erase the necessity of these crimes being committed instantly.
 
Old 06-25-2011, 08:06 PM
 
Location: Dalton Gardens
2,798 posts, read 5,361,547 times
Reputation: 1570
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltronRoad View Post
I assume you and your friends have never jaywalked, littered, or broken the speed limit, right? I mean we are for the RULE OF LAW!
The difference is, if we were caught breaking the law we would expect to pay the price for doing so. We wouldn't make excuses as to WHY we should be exempt from those laws. This is a case of personal responsibility versus the victim mentality and blame game.
 
Old 06-25-2011, 08:06 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,711,425 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAnumber1 View Post
Immigration law has basically everything to do with civil rights.
Illegal Aliens are limited in their "civil rights" they do not employee all "civil rights" as allowed to Citizens or for that matter those here legally. Most Illegal Aliens when caught are only entitled to an appeal from the Administrative Courts (Immigration Court), they do not qualify for an Immigration Lawyer to be given them.
 
Old 06-25-2011, 08:08 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
I see, so because some Americans commit crimes that means the entire country is obligated to allow all foreigners into this country that want to come here and those who are here illegally already should be entitled to legalization or even our citizenship. Did I just enter the Twilight Zone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top