U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 09:09 PM

20,307 posts, read 11,503,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Crimes other than ID theft and SS numbers to get work & housing? Because like I said like 20 posts ago, making it easier to let them in legally would erase the necessity of these crimes being committed instantly.
Then why not do that for every crime?
It all goes back to why should we facilitate the illegal? What do we owe them? Should we even facilitate them? I think not.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:09 PM

2,477 posts, read 831,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAnumber1 View Post
Oh come on. The difference is only an arbitrary one of degree and both are THE LAW. It would be quite easy to have any of those reclassified as more or less serious offenses.
Yes, the difference is in "degree". Why should the Federal Misdemeanor be "re-classified"? Actually the Summary Offense for an Illegal Alien can escalate into a "criminal offense" simply by driving without a DL or carrying the required insurance. Based on this an officer can arrest the violator and book him/her. At this point, Secure Communities could find the person through the IDENT program if they have been caught before for EWI, now the person in question is dealing with a Federal Felony through the Immigration Courts.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:13 PM

35 posts, read 5,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
so which is it.
we can compare a nothing crime like jaywalking to tax fraud/ evasion, Id theft and the host of other crimes the average illegal commits . But cant do the same for other crimes? We only do this if the analogy is of benefit to the illegal?
I'm being serious. I really dont get into the bait and switch antics some on here use.
For me jaywalking although ill advised during rush hour is a harmless crime 99% of the time.
The illegal on the other hand not only commits the crime of illegal entry but then continues to commit a host of others in order to support what he did to begin with.
Now if your saying the jaywalker crossed illegally to steal a pair of running shoes to jaywalk more often and faster, then also started committing other crimes all in the effort to support his jaywalking activities I might see the omparrison.
As it stands? not on the merits of a simple jaywalking.
You're accusing someone else of bait-and-switch?

Crossing a border is "a harmless crime 99% of the time."

As is using a dead guy's tax ID# to PAY TAXES (and of course if you don't like this practice there is a SUPER EASY solution).

Stealing cars, shoes etc, forging tax documents, and so on, are in no way inherently linked to immigration status one way or the other, so quit pretending they are. THAT is a bait and switch.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:16 PM

951 posts, read 314,593 times
Quote:
Then why not do that for every crime?
It all goes back to why should we facilitate the illegal? What do we owe them? Should we even facilitate them? I think not.

You don't facilitate them. The person hiring them and the person renting out their place facilitates them. Why do you care what they do? Again, if they could come legally they would and ID fraud and SS number fraud would be solved instantly.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
According to who? You?
Quote:
As is using a dead guy's tax ID# to PAY TAXES (and of course if you don't like this practice there is a SUPER EASY solution).
You fail to mention the Income Tax Return he also claims when he is allowed to claim all the Credits through IRS, thus he usually has a negative tax rate, which isn't paying Federal Taxes.
Quote:
forging tax documents, and so on, are in no way inherently linked to immigration status one way or the other, so quit pretending they are. THAT is a bait and switch.
In most instances it is, simply because by being here in violation of immigration law they can work in no other way. If they start their own business and pay and receive cash, then why would they pay Federal Income Tax?

Old 06-25-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
You're accusing someone else of bait-and-switch?

Stealing cars, shoes etc, forging tax documents, and so on, are in no way inherently linked to immigration status one way or the other, so quit pretending they are. THAT is a bait and switch.
I accused no one. I said some do it. Am I wrong?
As for using a dead guys tax number. There are no victims of ID theft by illegals?Hmmmmmmm Illegals who file taxes or use anothers ssn dont commit fraud? Illegals don't drive illegally in states that wont allow them a drivers license? Illegals who don't pay taxes on wages earned aren't evading paying taxes. Are you sure?
Now I would bet that most jaywalkers dont steal shoes to further their jaywalking crimes.
Its not relevent if the laws are convenient or inconvenient to an illegal. They opt to violate them. They made the choice when they opted to violate the illegal entry laws. The domino effect comes to mind. It would be a harmless crime if said illegal crossed illegally and lived as a hermit of the land away from society and without infringing upon or trespassing against even 1 citizen.
How many construction workers lost work due to low ball wages by illegals.
When they dont have to pay taxes or pay for insurance makes it easy to cut the rates.
Their are a great many victims at the hands of illegals. Our prisons certainly attest to that.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:26 PM

951 posts, read 314,593 times
Quote:
I accused no one. I said some do it. Am I wrong?
As for using a dead guys tax number. There are no victims of ID theft by illegals?Hmmmmmmm Illegals who file taxes or use anothers ssn dont commit fraud? Illegals don't drive illegally in states that wont allow them a drivers license? Illegals who don't pay taxes on wages earned aren't evading paying taxes. Are you sure?
Now I would bet that most jaywalkers dont steal shoes to further their jaywalking crimes.
Its not relevent if the laws are convenient or inconvenient to an illegal. They opt to violate them. They made the choice when they opted to violate the illegal entry laws. The domino effect comes to mind. It would be a harmless crime if said illegal crossed illegally and lived as a hermit of the land away from society and without infringing upon or trespassing against even 1 citizen.
How many construction workers lost work due to low ball wages by illegals.
When they dont have to pay taxes or pay for insurance makes it easy to cut the rates.
Their are a great many victims at the hands of illegals. Our prisons certainly attest to that.
Again with the completely false statements.

Now, If we made it easier for illegals in Mexico or wherever right now to come here and they wouldn't be committing ID theft crimes, why would you object to them coming? This is like the question I've been trying to get you to answer this whole thread but you keep on talking about stealing shoes and cars and ****.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
You don't facilitate them. The person hiring them and the person renting out their place facilitates them. Why do you care what they do? Again, if they could come legally they would and ID fraud and SS number fraud would be solved instantly.
If they could come legally? We allow more legal immigration than all other nations combined. Why do we owe every person who wants a VISA entry?
Why would we even want to do that?
We need to be selective.
Every legal immigrant had to go through the process, wait their turn do it right.
Why would we want to reward individuals who cheated the system. Forced themselves upon us? Why facilitate such as they?

Old 06-25-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Illegals all pay their taxes?
Those illegals at home depot pay their taxes, have insurance?
Nothing false in my statement at all and you know it.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
You are aware that he is talking about the Business not having to pay for Insurance or taxes because the company pays in cash, right? Your jumping the gun on comprehension.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration