U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 08:30 PM

951 posts, read 616,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Why would we want to reward individuals who cheated the system. Forced themselves upon us? Why facilitate such as they?
I'm not talking about amnesty, at least right now. Please try to pay attention. I'm talking about people coming that aren't here yet. They haven't commit any crimes yet.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Illegals all pay their taxes?
Those illegals at home depot pay their taxes, have insurance?
Nothing false in my statement at all and you know it.
All pay taxes. Everyone pays sales tax, property tax, liquor tax, cigarette tax, taxes on the roads, schools, etc. Not all pay federal taxes because they work off the books (approx. 25%) but THEY ALL PAY TAXES. So yeah, your statement is quite false. Also, this is another situation where giving them easier options to come legally would encourage more to actually pay their federal taxes because they wouldn't be scared of getting caught for ID fraud, etc.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:35 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Again with the completely false statements.

Now, If we made it easier for illegals in Mexico or wherever right now to come here and they wouldn't be committing ID theft crimes, why would you object to them coming? This is like the question I've been trying to get you to answer this whole thread but you keep on talking about stealing shoes and cars and ****.

You havnt answered why we owe them an easier path. I have answered repeatedly the difference between a jaywalkers crime and that of an illegal.
A jaywalker may cross illegally but his crime normally begins and ends with that 1 crime.
An illegal begins with 1 crime and goes on to commit many more.
What our current laws are or the degree of difficulty for an applicant is not relative.
We shouldnt change our laws to just because a group of criminals objects to them. Our prisons are filled with criminals who object to our laws.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:36 PM

How are people not currently in our country wanting to come legally criminals ffs? Jesus you make some incredible leaps.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
All pay taxes. Everyone pays sales tax, property tax, liquor tax, cigarette tax, taxes on the roads, schools, etc. Not all pay federal taxes because they work off the books (approx. 25%) but THEY ALL PAY TAXES. So yeah, your statement is quite false. Also, this is another situation where giving them easier options to come legally would encourage more to actually pay their federal taxes because they wouldn't be scared of getting caught for ID fraud, etc.
NOT false because the contractor, laborer, and other employees must pay the taxes your illegal skips.
So not only does the legal citizen pay his property, sales and what ever else taxes they also pay the rest.
My statement is accurate. The illegal has an advantage.
Its not a situation of making it easier for them. its a situation of holding them accountable just as the would a legal citizen who committed the same crimes.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:39 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Quote:
...Why would we want to reward individuals who cheated the system[?]...
Individually we already "amnesty" some illegal aliens...

Does someone whom "cheated the system" deserved to be deported and permanently banned from the United States?...

I'm just trying to place your punishment level...

Old 06-25-2011, 08:40 PM

Quote:
How are people not currently in our country wanting to come legally criminals ffs? Jesus you make some incredible leaps.
What are you talking about?
No one called applicants criminals. Only the illegals in this country are criminals in regards to immigration. And yes our prisons are filled with them.
whats the leap?

Old 06-25-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
NOT false because the contractor, laborer, and other employees must pay the taxes your illegal skips.
So not only does the legal citizen pay his property, sales and what ever else taxes they also pay the rest.
My statement is accurate. The illegal has an advantage.
Its not a situation of making it easier for them. its a situation of holding them accountable just as the would a legal citizen who committed the same crimes.
wat?

You said there are illegals that don't pay ANY taxes. I'm waiting for one example.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Individually we already "amnesty" some illegal aliens...

Does someone whom "cheated the system" deserved to be deported and permanently banned from the United States?...

I'm just trying to place your punishment level...
I think they should be deported and required to go through the same process every legal immigrant was required to satisfy.
Permantly banned should be any and all who while here committed a felony.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
wat?

You said there are illegals that don't pay ANY taxes. I'm waiting for one example.
Kindly show me the post where I stated (any taxes). I never talked about sales tax or the taxes of that nature until you brought it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or