U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2011, 11:27 AM

2,176 posts, read 862,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Definition of invasion:

- an incursion by a large number of people or things into a place or sphere of activity :
- an unwelcome intrusion into another's domain :
- an instance of invading a country or region with an armed
hmmm....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 09:31 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,582,217 times
First thing that came to mind was, "Well, duh." I just want to know what an "Anglo-centric" culture is. Haha. I didn't know I was living an Anglo-centric life. But anyway, I don't have a problem with different cultures, but I do see a pattern and plan happening here. It's math: you got a group of people (Hispanic illegal immigrants) and you got a language and way of life. You got another group of people (those who are not Hispanic) and you got their language and way of life. Well, one group is trying to be larger than the other along with its language and way of life and eventually will drown out the other.

That's the result of not "meshing." If the incoming population (Hispanic illegal immigrants) adapted the common ways of life here and language then that result would not happen.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:23 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,237,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
First thing that came to mind was, "Well, duh." I just want to know what an "Anglo-centric" culture is. Haha. I didn't know I was living an Anglo-centric life. But anyway, I don't have a problem with different cultures, but I do see a pattern and plan happening here. It's math: you got a group of people (Hispanic illegal immigrants) and you got a language and way of life. You got another group of people (those who are not Hispanic) and you got their language and way of life. Well, one group is trying to be larger than the other along with its language and way of life and eventually will drown out the other.

That's the result of not "meshing." If the incoming population (Hispanic illegal immigrants) adapted the common ways of life here and language then that result would not happen.
More and more people, Black and white, want illegal aliens OUT. So do some of us Latinos of any race. Anglo culture is using English, NOT Spanish.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:53 AM

3,718 posts, read 4,592,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
More and more people, Black and white, want illegal aliens OUT. So do some of us Latinos of any race. Anglo culture is using English, NOT Spanish.
You're right. More legal Latinos are speaking out against illegal immigration.

Old 08-08-2011, 12:00 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,106,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post

I didn't either. I thought most Americans were of German descent

Old 08-08-2011, 12:08 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I didn't either. I thought most Americans were of German descent
The fact remains that non-hispanic white Americans are the majority in this country regardless of whether their ancestors were from Germany, England, Italy, Ireland, etc. The language that our country adopted long ago as our de facto national language was English. Those above cultures blended to make our identify culture along with the blending of those from African roots and other minorities in this country.

Now we have a growing group of Hispanics mostly from illegal immigration that don't want to blend but to make their native culture and language our identifying one by taking over in numbers. Sorry, but I object to that because it isn't a natural transformation. Hispanics are the majority in 22 countries on the Western Hemisphere, why is it considered by the pro-illegals to be objectionable and racist for non-hispanics to be the majority in the USA? They certainly aren't objecting to Hispanics being the majority in those 22 other countries. Hypocrites, much?

Last edited by chicagonut; 08-08-2011 at 12:16 PM..

Old 08-08-2011, 12:44 PM

1,574 posts, read 788,884 times
What's "unnatural" about it? I mean, as opposed to how "natural" it was for white people to come to the US?

Your objection that this is "mostly from illegal immigration" rings very, very hollow given your previous comments about Cubans who are in the US legally. I guess you'll just say they're not here "naturally" even if they are here legally. The "natural" argument is a good one for you since it's totally vague and you can shift around direct questions about it pretty easily.

Old 08-08-2011, 03:22 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Again with the living in centuries-gone-by. Might I point out that "white people" also came to what is now known as Mexico and Latin America. They were the Spaniards. So it wasn't just non-hispanic whites who came to this continent long ago. However, the Spanish are never demonized for that by the pro-illegals, only non-hispanics whites are. Hyocrites! None of us alive today are responsible for what our ancestors did or didn't do anyway. I am only accountable for my own actions and what our laws are today, not yesterday.

What is it with these pro-illegals that they refuse to acknowledge that we are no longer living in the 7th, 11th, 15th, or 18th centuries and that every single nation on the face of this earth today has established and internationally recognized borders and regulates immigration into their nations?

As for the Cubans, I have never said that they aren't here legally. Of course they under refuge status. I would just like to see wet foot/dry foot end and I am entitled to my opinion on that. Enough is enough!

Old 08-08-2011, 03:54 PM

1,574 posts, read 788,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
As for the Cubans, I have never said that they aren't here legally. Of course they under refuge status.
Nobody claimed that you said that they were not here legally. Before you lecture me about how wrong I am it might help if you actually read what I'm writing.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:08 PM

3,718 posts, read 4,592,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What is it with these pro-illegals that they refuse to acknowledge that we are no longer living in the 7th, 11th, 15th, or 18th centuries and that every single nation on the face of this earth today has established and internationally recognized borders and regulates immigration into their nations?
It is funny to those of them who say that they were here before us. I guess they refused to acknowledge the indigenous people before the Spaniards came around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration