U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2011, 05:00 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,237,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I know many Koreans who have been here for decades and still speak very brken english. Likewise when I lived in San Francisco there were plenty of Chinese who had lived here for generations and may or may not be able to function in English.

I seem to recall that most of the west was part of Mexico. So please spare me your generalizations
What is now Mexico and Arizona, etc. was part of Spain. Guatemala was part of Mexico but Mexico dont want Guatemala back. Mexico had that land for a few years. Gasden Purchase dont count, we BOUGHT taht from Mexico, no war there. Texas kicked Mexico out.

Koreans: I was talkin bout the KIDS who come here small, by age 21 they mostly sound like Americans BORN in the USA.

I forgot: my fathers people the Spanish beat up my mothers moms people, the Aztecs back in the day but I dont hear a thing bout Mexico wantin the Hispanics to leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 05:36 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Actually much of the West was only ruled by Mexico for no more than 25 years, it was really territory of Spain most of that time. It was the Mexicans who stole it from Spain but their form of government was far too inept and centralist to rule over territories that distant from Mexico City.

Check out Santa Ana's presidency and how much the Mexicans respected him and you wonder why we didn't just take the whole thing then.
According to some though..."Americans, the original illegal immigrants"...

Old 09-04-2011, 06:35 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,010,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What do you call someone that doesnīt follow immigration law? Illegal is illegal. Is it just some notion you have that an American canīt be an illegal alien?

Old 09-04-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
What do you call someone that doesnīt follow immigration law? Illegal is illegal. Is it just some notion you have that an American canīt be an illegal alien?
Please provide a link where Americans were illegal at anytime in this country. And even if this were remotely true according to Mexicans how this negates our right to have immigration laws today or do you want to live in the past as many do?

And yes and American can be illegal in another country under today's immigration laws in said country.

Last edited by chicagonut; 09-04-2011 at 06:48 PM..

Old 09-04-2011, 06:39 PM

888 posts, read 606,284 times
God Bless Miami-Dade County, Broward County & Palm Beach County
God Bless South Florida
God Bless the Everglades & the Keys

We have got our own separate country right down here.
No need to assimilate.

We'll be allies with the Republic of the Rio Grande (El Paso, Laredo, and the RGV) as well as Baja Arizona & the Imperial Valley

Old 09-04-2011, 06:42 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Please provide a link showing that the area in North America now known as The United States of America was recognized by the international community as a sovereign nation and had immigration laws. laws violated by the settlers.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Funny no one talks bout the American Indians who came here later beatin down older tribes. But its ok to bash white people, especialy anglo white people. Most of my homies ARE anglo cause I dont see eye to eye with the La Raza Chicanos any more.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:24 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,010,077 times
Quote:
Please provide a link where Americans were illegal at anytime in this country. And even if this were remotely true according to Mexicans how this negates our right to have immigration laws today or do you want to live in the past as many do?

And yes and American can be illegal in another country under today's immigration laws in said country.
Isn't it a law of averages, or did every single person do absolutely all of the correct steps to become U.S. citizens? I won't argue about the ironic twist with Mexico, as you think our principles should change with time. What should we do if someone received a de facto "Amnesty" to U.S. citizenship, and avoided being in any "line", to do things the correct way?

Old 09-05-2011, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Isn't it a law of averages, or did every single person do absolutely all of the correct steps to become U.S. citizens? I won't argue about the ironic twist with Mexico, as you think our principles should change with time. What should we do if someone received a de facto "Amnesty" to U.S. citizenship, and avoided being in any "line", to do things the correct way?
If not sure what you are talking about. The 1986 amnesty gave de facto amnesty to 3 million illegal aliens that did not come to this country within our laws. There is nothing we can do about that now but we certainly shouldn't repeat that when we have at least quaduple that number now, millions of Americans out of work, increased population growth and the same lame promise that this time our borders will be secured. We ain't buying it this time around.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynwood View Post
God Bless Miami-Dade County, Broward County & Palm Beach County
God Bless South Florida
God Bless the Everglades & the Keys

We have got our own separate country right down here.
No need to assimilate.

We'll be allies with the Republic of the Rio Grande (El Paso, Laredo, and the RGV) as well as Baja Arizona & the Imperial Valley
Maybe Nuevo Leon an Sonora will ask to be part of the USA instead? Things are getting worse in Mexico. Monterrey used to be decent; Ive herd many bad things happein there now with the cartels. The Mexicans there dont play well woth the Mexicans from Oaxaca, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration