U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 11:56 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,752,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Maybe Nuevo Leon an Sonora will ask to be part of the USA instead? Things are getting worse in Mexico. Monterrey used to be decent; Ive herd many bad things happein there now with the cartels. The Mexicans there dont play well woth the Mexicans from Oaxaca, etc.
Hah! You should talk to people from Juarez, some who still even live there. According to them it's not the people of Juarez who caused all the problems but a whole lot of people who came in from other places, especially from the south who moved in by the hundreds of thousands and had no education, no ability to fit in, no jobs, and overwhelmed the infrastructure and taxpayers of Juarez. They brought with them crime, gangs, and all sorts of problems. The taxpayers of Juarez of course could not support all their health care and education needs, much less pay the taxes needed for the police and fire forces needed for all those impoverished newcomers.

Juarez was a perfectly decent enough town not too long ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 12:53 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,302,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I absolutely do not trust the government's figures when that same government claims it cannot find any of the illegals to deport and can't see how they're coming over the border.

I would have to see hard proof that the government actually tracks the ss taxes to valid ss numbers. Often illegals use stolen ss numbers -- so how does the government track that and since when did identity theft and document fraud become legal?

Most illegals are paid under the table and one reason they are much cheaper to hire is that the employer also doesn't have to pay taxes, workman's comp, social security, overtime, etc on them. Very few people with illegal nannies and landscapers are paying minimum wages much less taxes on them.

The only illegals that would pay would be tricking their employers with stolen social security and other documents and the employer would have to think he was hiring legals or citizens. Doubtful most of these employers really think they are.

Lets really go there shall we. Found out last year with a hugh huge remodeling additons add on.

The contrator i hired, bid way way too low on my project, not my fault his he wanted the project, and bid way lower then any other bids i got from many other decent contractors. In the beginning he hired very cheap labor, infact i later found out all illegals doing my job. They were paid under the table, infact i even have pictures i took of him paying them under the table in my backyard, which later played a part in him hiring all new crew and all legal citizens.

They themselves told me they are paid under the table, painters, roofers, tile layers, etc. They could not put up wallboard straight for the life of them, could not do a damn thing right on this project, i got in to it with the contrator on a daily basic. Then i told the contractor i wanted to see everyone of the guys who were working on my project, their id's i wanted to see identification. Then i told him, i had pictures of him paying them in the back, and very good pictures. Did not take long after that where i got a all new crew of legal workers. I was pissed at that point, i kid you not, and would not let this contractor get away with nothing at that point, i was really mad, bid too low your feaking problem not mine. I found out that from carpenters, to woodworkers, to cabinet makers, to painters, etc, illegals are being hired to do the job. They themselves told me, that if American Employers and Companies, are too stupid to hire them we get what we deserve, that is what he told me, without hesitation.

At the end of my project, the contractor walked, yes i got screwed, but it was better then my hubby or me hurting him lieterally. He was an idiot.

Husband and I finished the end result with flying colors from the inspectors, infact they said we did a superb job, very professional.

He did not plan on hubby and myself knowing so much about home improvement and remodeling, years and years ago, we added over 900 sq ft to our first home, and did most all of the work ourselves.

Do not tell me that illegals are not being paid under the table, i could give names of Companies i know hire illegals, but that is not my job.

And there are many of them in the Construction trade, found that out the hard way. And there work sucked big time, what money is the contractor saving, when he had to hire a all new crew, and everything these idiot illegals did, have to be torn up and started new. Well guess what his freaking problem, he now had to buy all the same material again, because they did not know what the hell they were doing. When it comes to business, i will not get screwed, not even by another Italian, who took my being sweet for granted, do not go toe to toe with me or you will lose. I did get things that were so much more money then in the plans, he shelled for these things,, got one of the most expensive showers around it is 10 ft long has everything imaginable you can think of in this shower, and done very expensively. Even a tv in the bathroom, which is kind of nice. And the see thru fireplace into my bedroom. We added another 3 car garage giving us more garage space with work area and a skylight and a ceiling fan in this garage, really nice garage doors. A huge kitchen family makeover, and a living dining addition, with a entertainment room, with built in bar, pool table and all the media stuff. Really hi tech stuff, the guys love it.

The idiot did walk at the end of the project, but had to put more money into the project, he did not intend to do. Because hiring illegals to save a buck, ended up costing him a load more money.

The things left were a piece of cake for us, and we enjoyed finishing the last of what had to be done, infact we ourselves made slight changes, and turned out better then if the idiot had done it. He himself even said to me, i have hawk eyes, much too good, that my eyes see what others coud not, i can spot something wrong from a mile away, he did not count on that. And yes this idiot had a license.

And no i am not lying about this, still to this day i am pissed, and if i see the contractor it will be much too soon. I cannot get really upset at the illegals wanting to work, but at those American Employers who are paying them under the table.

Last edited by california-jewel; 09-05-2011 at 01:35 PM..

Old 09-05-2011, 01:49 PM

They don't have the same kind of building codes back where they're from.

Google Images

Over there they can make their homes out of discarded wood pallets, some corrugated metal, and old folded up cardboard boxes for walls and insulation.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
They don't have the same kind of building codes back where they're from.

Google Images

Over there they can make their homes out of discarded wood pallets, some corrugated metal, and old folded up cardboard boxes for walls and insulation.
Oh i found that out, but what i will never understand from this point, is how much is the contractors really saving by paying these guys under the table, if the work, has got to be redone over and over, costing the contractor himself money for more material. What happens if the homeowners unlike me asked to not see their papers.

Oh my gosh, if you saw how these idiots painted, you would not believe it, this could of been on American's funniest home video, i kid you not.

They did not know how to put wallboard up, tape right, texture, spray paint, it was a friggin joke. They did not know how to lay tile, put up a half pony wall, grout, i can go on and on. Things my hubby and i can do, but do not have the time and an illness has stopped us.
Being Italian no i do not have patience, and this Italian went toe to toe with the other Italian, and anyone trying to screw me over again, i would do the same thing.

People just flay out lie when they say Illegals are not doing decent jobs, yes they are, and last year was a very good example of just how much work they do. Someone unlike myself may not care, to save a buck, i did.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Oh i found that out, but what i will never understand from this point, is how much is the contractors really saving by paying these guys under the table, if the work, has got to be redone over and over, costing the contractor himself money for more material. What happens if the homeowners unlike me asked to not see their papers.

Oh my gosh, if you saw how these idiots painted, you would not believe it, this could of been on American's funniest home video, i kid you not.

They did not know how to put wallboard up, tape right, texture, spray paint, it was a friggin joke. They did not know how to lay tile, put up a half pony wall, grout, i can go on and on. Things my hubby and i can do, but do not have the time and an illness has stopped us.
Being Italian no i do not have patience, and this Italian went toe to toe with the other Italian, and anyone trying to screw me over again, i would do the same thing.

People just flay out lie when they say Illegals are not doing decent jobs, yes they are, and last year was a very good example of just how much work they do. Someone unlike myself may not care, to save a buck, i did.
A lot of the cheap houses built by this cheap labor in the housing bubble days will not last long at all.

Soon there will be plenty of work for American home repair types. Many of the houses built with illegal labor are also built with ultra cheap inferior products and the greedy housing developers skimped not only on labor costs but everywhere, including building codes.

I know one company that is thriving just on rain gutter repair and reinstallation, of course most of their business is from the owners of these recently built houses.

Old 09-05-2011, 03:12 PM

1,574 posts, read 790,033 times
Is there actually some sort of evidence that illegal immigrants are incapable of doing quality work? Because you guys seem to have this weird narrative going here where the (American) contractors are pushing for cheaper construction overall, but somehow it's the immigrants fault that you bought a piece of **** house.

Old 09-05-2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Is there actually some sort of evidence that illegal immigrants are incapable of doing quality work? Because you guys seem to have this weird narrative going here where the (American) contractors are pushing for cheaper construction overall, but somehow it's the immigrants fault that you bought a piece of **** house.

You want to go toe to toe with me lets go. My home is over a million dollar plus home, it is not the house DO you get this. The home i have even been told is built so solid, and above code. It is the part the contractors had to do adding additions and the remodeling. The contrator and his ignorant illegal helpers, he thought would do my job, cause he bid way to low, way to low. He got in over his head, not knowing that my husband and i know so much about adding on to a home and remodeling. In my case, i will tell you right in your eye, they did the most shi-- job imaginable. Could not put wallboard up straight, or tape right, give me a break. Could not paint, infact the way these idiots painted was over their head with the spray painter, nice ha.
Infact my ceiling had paint all over it, and had to be redone 4 times until the new crew came in. Oh my gosh texture, they did not know how, i had different textures on all walls, none being the same. So give me a break, while you want to defend their work, i will not, because first hand i saw what a crappy lousy job they do. Contractors fault for bidding too low, but once i took pictures of him paying these idiots under the table, things were in my favor, yes had that over his sweet little head. Serves him right for trying to screw with people's life.And unless you had illegals doing some sort of work for you, and you know first hand that they do great work, don't make any assumptions please.

Old 09-05-2011, 04:53 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,006,183 times
Give c-j the chance to mention the price of her house (which I thought was over a million dollars, but now I know is over a million dollars PLUS) and she will pounce on that ****.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Give c-j the chance to mention the price of her house (which I thought was over a million dollars, but now I know is over a

million dollars PLUS) and she will pounce on that ****.

First of all the guy thought we were talking about the value of my home, that was not the issue, if he read what i wrote, he would know it was the new additons and remodeling job, Not the home, my home i understand is built above code.

In this market yes, our home values are still there, which i am proud of. We are just very lucky that home values are continuing to climb even in this market place. Now our rental properties is another story, their values have decreased, and i will be happy to tell you that.
They are in the I.E. area nice areas, but way too many short sales and foreclsoures thus making home values go down. Those home values will most likely be down for some time, until all of the short sales, repos, and foreclosures deplete.

Our main home is much different. No problem pouncing on anything, because i am honest, take it or leave it, don't like it oh well, won't hurt me.

Last edited by california-jewel; 09-05-2011 at 05:15 PM..

Old 09-05-2011, 05:08 PM

1,574 posts, read 790,033 times
Also she knows a LOT about remodeling, but went with a contractor that bid way too low and then she's SHOCKED when problems arise... and this is all somehow illegal immigrants' fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration