U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 05:23 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,285,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Also she knows a LOT about remodeling, but went with a contractor that bid way too low and then she's SHOCKED when problems arise... and this is all somehow illegal immigrants' fault.

That has nothing to do with a damn thing get it. A piece of paper today, is to me someone's word. He lied as politicians do, infact he should be a politician. He is not the first contractor to bid low on a job, does not mean that others have used illegals.

Stop defending illegals, you seem to put more stock on illegals then those who are here legally.

Well let me ask you this, if they did not know how to do one freaking thing right, whose fault is it, the contractor and those doing the work, who in the beginning were illegals.

And to the contractor's wife who just got thru thanking me, for not wanting illegals to do work on my home, no problem. Your husband seems to be doing everything right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Also she knows a LOT about remodeling, but went with a contractor that bid way too low and then she's SHOCKED when problems arise... and this is all somehow illegal immigrants' fault.

Yeah well i will look you straight in the eye and tell you a contract to me means exactly that. What is put in it should be honored, a liar just like a politician. Damn straight it was the illegals fault, ask the contractor, he had to put more money into this job because of the idiots.

Guess your the kind of person, who will accept any kind of work illegals do, even illegal and crappy, and work that has to be done over and over and over, and then even then, a whole new legal crew had to be hired, Figure that one out, can you imagine, illegals not doing the work right, maybe if they spoke english, they might know what the contractor was talking about YA THINK.

And to the nice contrctor's wife who emailed me, and thanked me for not wanting illegals to do work on my home, thank you and your husband for wanting to keep work to American Workers, no problem.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:47 PM

1,574 posts, read 788,760 times
Still trying to figure out how illegals made this guy bid too low, and how they made you accept what was an obviously questionable bid.

You got greedy and thought you were going to get some too-good-to-be-true deal. And then you complain that the work was shoddy. You get what you pay for.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:51 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,005,007 times
The important part, though, is that this one experience is clearly evidence of a society-wide trend.

If illegals are doing shoddy work, and I'm sure plenty are, they will be unsuccessful in the marketplace.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:57 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
The important part, though, is that this one experience is clearly evidence of a society-wide trend.

If illegals are doing shoddy work, and I'm sure plenty are, they will be unsuccessful in the marketplace.
What they actually do is move a lot. Cheapskates abound.

Old 09-05-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
What they actually do is move a lot. Cheapskates abound.
Yes, just tricking everyone into purchasing their services with their sneaky, sneaky ways. You know, they'd probably move less if...forget it.

Old 09-05-2011, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Yes, just tricking everyone into purchasing their services with their sneaky, sneaky ways. You know, they'd probably move less if...forget it.
No what they do is offer the same warrenty as others. As people burned by the lowballers add up word spreads and the illegals move to another area. Illegals have less to lose. Most dont have established families in the area no one who will have to deal with the after math of a ruined name.so they pick up and move on.
Scum bag legal contractors do the same thing. Not surprisingly illegals generally sub from the scum bags.

Old 09-05-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
No what they do is offer the same warrenty as others. As people burned by the lowballers add up word spreads and the illegals move to another area. Illegals have less to lose. Most dont have established families in the area no one who will have to deal with the after math of a ruined name.so they pick up and move on.
Scum bag legal contractors do the same thing. Not surprisingly illegals generally sub from the scum bags.
The illegals are the laborers, not as frequently the contractors. The contractors obviously are much less likely to move, but their reputations are the one's at stake. Do you have any actual data for these assertions, BTW?

Old 09-05-2011, 06:51 PM

I have learned so much from the CLSB and have become friends with quite a few that work there. The numbers of illegals and illegal contractors are astounishing. Go to the site check things out. I am friendly with them on the phone, which is not that easy to do.

I have also given them a couple of names so they are quite happy. Thinking about my contractor also, we had a contract which stated Legal workers and not Illegal, he can be in trouble for this. Price is not the issue at all, so get over it. It is that Legal licensed American Workers were suppose to do work on my home. Not after i suspected what was happening, but the first day of my job should have been legal American licensed workers.

And if you are not talking to the CSLB and getting first hand information, do not lie. I do have information, and know that thruout the US many stings go on each and every day in relations to illegals doing work, and illegal contractors. I know all the right people to call. And i have. And yes sorry one guy is in Jail ask me if i care.

There are many illegal contractors out there, who claim to unsuspecting older people that yes they have a license, no they do not.

Last year they got so many illegal Contractors and illegals doing work, yes they prosecute and put them in jail. The CLSB has told me everything i need to know. They thanked me, because it is concerning Americans who are putting the lid on these illegal services.

I also learned from one nice gentlemen, that so many times these illegal contrctors will work magic on hispanics and older hispanics, shame on them, taking their money, and then fleeing.

Old 09-05-2011, 06:51 PM

Quote:
The illegals are the laborers, not as frequently the contractors. The contractors obviously are much less likely to move, but their reputations are the one's at stake. Do you have any actual data for these assertions, BTW?
Just observations from being in the construction industry. How it generally works at least where I am from is you hire a general contractor.
He will then sub out the work he doesnt do himself. Drywall for example.
Quality drywallers will use glue and screws to hang the drywall.
Then finish with 4 coats of joint compound.
Lowballers and illegals will hand with nails only. They know the work will last a good 6 months before any problems manifest themselves. By this time they will move on. Move to where the work is plentiful. In the north construction slows in the winter. They go south. Anyone who works in construction knows the above.
But dont get me wrong. I am happy to see the cheapskates get burned. Hire scabs and low ballers and you deserve what you get. If all other bids are in the same ball park and you jump on 1 that save 30% you own it for being to greedy to look at the reality. Nobody will work for free not even illegals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration