U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2011, 11:12 AM

34 posts, read 36,311 times

Advertisements

Thanks I guess some are getting my point - its really simple. Now whether the US has enough white collar worker or blue collar is irrelevant - its just bad policy to deport people that you have been investing in, irrelevant if they are with or without papers, because you would not be getting anything out of them - the country to which they are deported would be. As simple as that!

In having put that post previously I wasn't assuming there aren't enough americans to fill white or blue collar jobs as was pointed out. Though I have read that US corporations and people such as Gates are putting pressure on Congress to allow more foreign born workers such as engineers and scientists to work and live in the US so there might not be the surplus labour you inferred by asking that question, Chicagonut.

Deportation should never be made in the manner some of you are suggesting. ICE tackled the issue well with regards to the dentistry student - in the link I posted. And that is how illegal immigration must be dealt with - do well in school, stay out of trouble and no trouble with ICE.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 12:11 PM

403 posts, read 280,939 times
Well put, sir.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:09 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,155,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.1989 View Post
Thanks I guess some are getting my point - its really simple. Now whether the US has enough white collar worker or blue collar is irrelevant - its just bad policy to deport people that you have been investing in, irrelevant if they are with or without papers, because you would not be getting anything out of them - the country to which they are deported would be. As simple as that!

In having put that post previously I wasn't assuming there aren't enough americans to fill white or blue collar jobs as was pointed out. Though I have read that US corporations and people such as Gates are putting pressure on Congress to allow more foreign born workers such as engineers and scientists to work and live in the US so there might not be the surplus labour you inferred by asking that question, Chicagonut.

Deportation should never be made in the manner some of you are suggesting. ICE tackled the issue well with regards to the dentistry student - in the link I posted. And that is how illegal immigration must be dealt with - do well in school, stay out of trouble and no trouble with ICE.
Totally disagree. Most Americans don't like having to pay for the education of illegal aliens so we need to cut our losses when we can. This so-called investment and expense of educating them is in direct conflict of what most Americans want in this country. We don't need these people staying and competing for jobs against Americans adding insult to injury.

Gates is a liberal cheapskate. It is no suprise that he would want to have more cheap foreign labor imported into our country.

Disagree again. If you are here illegally you need to be deported, period. Go home with your education and make something of your own country.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:16 PM

1,759 posts, read 1,697,443 times
Quote:
its just bad policy to deport people that you have been investing in.
My suggestion is that YOU invest in them.

You and every other pro-illegal can pool your money together into an
"Educate the Illegals" fund, put them up in homes next door to yours,
don't complain when they crash into your car and can't communicate with the police,
coexist peacefully with them and the crap heap they generate in your neighborhood, have a blast!!

Just stay FAR away from the rest of us, you and them.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:49 PM

I said 'have been.' Lol no one was able to answer a really simple question which was whether it makes economic sense to deport people that you HAVE BEEN investing in over the past years - people that have been trained in your country. Of course it makes no sense to do that! I gather you're afraid of competition which benefits every economy - but..ah well we just try to challenge conventional wisdom [that the economy benefits from competition]

Old 06-29-2011, 02:54 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,713,282 times
Quote:
I said 'have been.' Lol no one was able to answer a really simple question which was whether it makes economic sense to deport people that you HAVE BEEN investing in over the past years - people that have been trained in your country. Of course it makes no sense to do that! I gather you're afraid of competition which benefits every economy - but..ah well we just try to challenge conventional wisdom [that the economy benefits from competition]
College students are not invested in by us. They pay their own tuition, they are taught by us, but there is no investment. The only "investment" would be in the K-12 grade, for which they don't pay enough in taxes to cover teaching there children.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:58 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,155,041 times
Quote:
The answer is YES it does make sense to send them packing. We don't need competition for jobs from foreigners in this country. Jobs are scarce in this country. Is that what you call fear? Is it not justified that an American worker fears he can't feed his own family because of unfair competition from foreign workers?

Old 06-29-2011, 03:06 PM

Nevertheless there still is an investment - they're being taught and trained there. You'd have wasted resources either way because you could have been teaching another person who'd remain in the country instead (assuming the college-educated illegal is deported) - opportunity cost.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:12 PM

ye ye you should send everyone packing even the foreign students because even those would be competing for your jobs.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:15 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,713,282 times
Quote:
Nevertheless there still is an investment - they're being taught and trained there. You'd have wasted resources either way because you could have been teaching another person who'd remain in the country instead (assuming the college-educated illegal is deported) - opportunity cost.
They are being taught based on their tuition paid. Training usually comes in the way of interning and is needed in order to complete their studies and graduate with a degree.

Are there really enough college educated illegals here? What is the difference between an illegal paying for college vs an F student paying for college?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or