U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 07:50 PM

118 posts, read 80,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpingRoo View Post
First job my parents received coming into this country LEGALLY was washing dishes for pathetic pay. Long hours with no time to rest. Want to try again that legal immigrants will not take these jobs up? You, like all illegal immigrant supporters have no clue about reality. Guess who were the laziest workers? .
Yes, we see all these legal citizens flocking to GA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 07:51 PM

2,798 posts, read 5,360,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
If they were such hard workers, don't you thing some things would be better in their own countries?
Excellent point!

The assumptions about American workers are insulting. My mother spent many years working in a garment factory at a sewing machine, right along side both legal and illegal Hispanics. She worked damn hard! My father spent nearly his whole life busting his ass working at a printing press, and when he got older and was retired from printing he took up yard work and small home repairs in order to help supplement his income. I've lost count of the times I climbed up on a roof with him, in the blazing sun, to help tar a roof. I helped him to pour concrete, re-surface driveways, paint houses, etc...

Old 06-27-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I've seen "AA's" working those jobs. I've seen "AA's" working harder than any illegal ever could - but the razistas love the line about all Americans being too lazy to work. Even while Americans of all races are over in sweltering Iraq and Afghanistan working in the most dangerous conditions.
yeah, the pay for farm work is about equal to what a soldier gets. You think they'd be there for min wage or less?

Old 06-27-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
In any case it's a well-known fact that Americans no longer want to be sweating out in the sun for meager pay instead of working in an air-conditioned office while receiving a decent salary. The following article points that out.
That is a blatantly wrong blanket statement. I'm an American who doesn't prefer the nice air conditioned office, which puts the LIE to your so-called FACT.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elián González View Post
yeah, the pay for farm work is about equal to what a soldier gets. You think they'd be there for min wage or less?
Many soldiers don't do the job just for the pay. They have PRIDE in their country and are willing to sacrifice for it. More than can be said for cowardly illegals who run away instead of staying and fighting to improve conditions.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:58 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Really? I'm from a white middle class background and I grew up working in my parent's small fruit orchard, I've picked cotton in the hot Arizona sun out Higley way, not only managed, but WORKED in, the grape vines and also worked on a dairy ranch, which included shoveling up scours from calf pens, helping to artificially inseminate cows, ride fence, round up the cows, and anything else that needed to be done. I prefer to work outside in the fresh air where I am free to move and breath, NOT stuck behind a desk shuffling papers. You grossly assume too much of people you don't even know. By the way, Know-it-All, I recently went to Saticoy, CA with my sister and approached one of the orchard managers about a job picking fruit and I was TURNED DOWN!
It's simply amazing how these pro-illegals can claim that we have no blue collar American workforce in this country, isn't it? We are all sitting behind desks in an airconditioned office. Do they actually believe these idiotic claims of theirs?

Old 06-27-2011, 08:01 PM

841 posts, read 789,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I would assume then that Real Estate has collapsed in Pasedina and I should rush there to pick up some real bargains

South Pasadena Local Community Information - Zillow Local Info
There are many multi million dollar homes in Pasadena, your link is the median. Obviously you know houses are not selling much in So. CA. for a long time. There used to be sales signs everywhere, but hardly any sales, and last few years people have given up putting signs on their homes.
What I said about the businesses here was the truth.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Many soldiers don't do the job just for the pay. They have PRIDE in their country and are willing to sacrifice for it. More than can be said for cowardly illegals who run away instead of staying and fighting to improve conditions.
I'm pretty sure if you only paid min wage with few benefits there'd be a huge drop in enlistment.

Sorry, but they aren't even comparable.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It's simply amazing how these pro-illegals can claim that we have no blue collar American workforce in this country, isn't it? We are all sitting behind desks in an airconditioned office. Do they actually believe these idiotic claims of theirs?
Yep, and I'm as blue-collar as they come, even though I am experienced in and have worked management positions in an office and helped run a company my husband and three partners owned which earned multimillions within 6 months. I prefer to be outside sweating and being active.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elián González View Post
I'm pretty sure if you only paid min wage with few benefits there'd be a huge drop in enlistment.

Sorry, but they aren't even comparable.
Considering they are putting their lives on the line the pay they get can never be enough. My nephew spent 8 years in the Navy and my other nephew, his brother was in the Army for 4 years. My brother was a Marine for a year until he received an honorary discharge due to medical reasons. The pay is not all that fantastic. Comparing our military men with a bunch of cowardly illegals who run away is really no equal comparison at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or