U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 04:58 PM

841 posts, read 789,892 times

Advertisements

New Laws Crack Down On Illegal Immigration « CBS Los Angeles

With the most illegal immigration in nation, jobs are scarce. Also it's alarming in L.A. cities I see many businesses shut down, large and small, Pasadena (rose parade/rose bowl city) is looking more like the beginnings of a ghost town. Taxes and rents too high in California, have to pay for all the illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 05:13 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Anything they try will be assailed by pro-illegals as racist, xenophobic, and their other popular mantra. Sadly, illegals now own CA, because all opposition to their illegal presence is viciously maligned.

Old 06-27-2011, 05:46 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Anything they try will be assailed by pro-illegals as racist, xenophobic, and their other popular mantra. Sadly, illegals now own CA, because all opposition to their illegal presence is viciously maligned.
You got that right, Benicar.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:31 PM

46 posts, read 256,689 times
About two weeks ago I was at the mall and could not take a survey they had because I was not Hispanic. I openly called the person offering it a racist and the look on her face was one of "how dare he." Just a few years ago I took the same survey with no problem, but oh how the times have changed. I mean, I look Hispanic but I am not, and the looks I get when I do not speak Spanish at some markets is frightening, especially when they begin questioning where my parents are from because I do not speak the "holy" tongue of Spanish; Spanish is EUROPEAN, but these racist's just don't get it.

Los Angeles is the most openly racist city I have lived in, and this includes North Carolina where my mother's co-workers thought she came from Europe to steal their jobs. She was constantly harassed at work but in the end, they warmed up to her and their prejudice was reversed. Can not say the same about this racist, gang infested dump.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:38 PM

106 posts, read 215,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpingRoo View Post
About two weeks ago I was at the mall and could not take a survey they had because I was not Hispanic. I openly called the person offering it a racist and the look on her face was one of "how dare he." Just a few years ago I took the same survey with no problem, but oh how the times have changed. I mean, I look Hispanic but I am not, and the looks I get when I do not speak Spanish at some markets is frightening, especially when they begin questioning where my parents are from because I do not speak the "holy" tongue of Spanish; Spanish is EUROPEAN, but these racist's just don't get it.

Los Angeles is the most openly racist city I have lived in, and this includes North Carolina where my mother's co-workers thought she came from Europe to steal their jobs. She was constantly harassed at work but in the end, they warmed up to her and their prejudice was reversed. Can not say the same about this racist, gang infested dump.
LA is lost. I knew it when I read there were illegals on Catalina Island. Apparently they brought their gang banger kids with them. There is nothing like a slice of TJ right in paradise right?

Old 06-27-2011, 06:40 PM

118 posts, read 80,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpingRoo View Post

Good thing LA didn't have gangs before illegals showed up.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elián González View Post
Is this an attempt at being clever? Perhaps you need to start reading data on how the influx of illegals has brought gang violence ten fold. But I know you prefer to live in the dark.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:50 PM

2,798 posts, read 5,361,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elián González View Post
"The largest gangs in the U.S., such as Mara Salvatrucha or MS-13, 18 Street, and Latin Kings, all started in California in the 70s and 80s as a result of Central American migration to the region. The U.S. Department of Justice estimates that there are nearly 800,000 gang members in the U.S., mostly between 14 and 27-years-old."

"Street gangs have existed in the United States since the 1800s. But in the last few years, street gangs have grown more violent, more numerous and more widespread, from the big cities to rural areas. Many gang members are illegal immigrants, mostly from Latin America."

"Mr. Orozco also says many Central American gang members bring from their countries of origin a culture of violence, which is reinforced by their experiences in the U.S. While it has not happened yet, the FBI's Robert Clifford says the gangs could easily be infiltrated by terrorists."

Latino Street Gangs a Major Law Issue in US | News | English

Old 06-27-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD_Harley View Post
LA is lost. I knew it when I read there were illegals on Catalina Island. Apparently they brought their gang banger kids with them. There is nothing like a slice of TJ right in paradise right?
Yup. Sad thing is I have Mexican friends who have come here legally who can not stand these leeches. From Mexican sources, these criminals come from the most uneducated and racist parts of Mexico, so many times they had no clue where these parasites are from because their towns were so small most Mexicans never heard of them. And many of the legal ones are ostracized by their ILLEGAL Mexican friends because they are vastly different.

The way he explains it, Mexicans in Mexico find it funny that all the trash is coming into our country. Of course he is a proud American now who says he's in America, not Mexico. Common sense seems to be a crime around here.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:53 PM

2,798 posts, read 5,361,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD_Harley View Post
They are on Catalina Island now? Thanks for the heads up. My sister and I were at Ventura Harbor doing photography today and almost went to the island on a charter boat. Now I know to avoid it. Just one more beautiful place where we are being pushed out of and which will end up looking like a Tijuana ghetto.

I agree that L.A. is lost, and the rest of Southern California is rapidly falling into a disgusting pit, too. We are looking towards Alabama now as a place to move to. My home state just doesn't feel like home anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or