Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 06:48 PM

6,422 posts, read 7,667,441 times

Advertisements

I must be doing it all wrong! I've paid taxes all my life, never missed a mortgage payment, buy my own food, paid my own way in college, and pay really huge insurance premiums with a very high deductible. Worked two jobs when one wasn't enough. I also donate time to our local library and worked hunger projects and now they want to take SS and Medicare from seniors. My Grandpa really failed to teach me how use the system so I just don't know any better.

How much would illegals get in Australia, for example?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 06:49 PM

838 posts, read 922,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
One of the qualifiers CIS used was for "free/low cost lunch" programs in public schools...

Don't all kids below certain family income levels get those?...

I wouldn't define the time that my family qualified solely for that as "receiving welfare"...
The article is long but easy to read about percentages of illegal immigrants getting several forms of welfare and compares this to legal immigrant percetages, and it states both illegal and legal immigrants have significantly higher percentages of welfare than natives.

It mentions illegal immigrant adult welfare as well as that for their children. It's too darn expensive for us to support illegals any longer, that's the whole point.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:53 PM

951 posts, read 745,375 times
I think the point is the funding of the organization that does those studies and their agenda.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:59 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
The article is long but easy to read about percentages of illegal immigrants getting several forms of welfare and compares this to legal immigrant percetages, and it states both illegal and legal immigrants have significantly higher percentages of welfare than natives.

It mentions illegal immigrant adult welfare as well as that for their children. It's too darn expensive for us to support illegals any longer, that's the whole point.
The point is if CIS defines a family (like mine) as "receiving welfare", when it is only "low/no cost" lunches, the data is incorrect...

Old 06-27-2011, 06:59 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,210,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
I must be doing it all wrong! I've paid taxes all my life, never missed a mortgage payment, buy my own food, paid my own way in college, and pay really huge insurance premiums with a very high deductible. Worked two jobs when one wasn't enough. I also donate time to our local library and worked hunger projects and now they want to take SS and Medicare from seniors. My Grandpa really failed to teach me how use the system so I just don't know any better.

How much would illegals get in Australia, for example?
Sometimes you're using the system without even knowing it. Seniors right now are receiving more in SS than they pay in. If you own a home, you received a substantial tax credit. Wealthier people benefit from the system quite a bit.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:04 PM

Quote:
The point is if CIS defines a family (like mine) as "receiving welfare", when it is only "low/no cost" lunches, the data is incorrect...
I received low cost lunches as a child too because I had a large family despite not being on welfare, etc.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:20 PM

6,422 posts, read 7,667,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Sometimes you're using the system without even knowing it. Seniors right now are receiving more in SS than they pay in. If you own a home, you received a substantial tax credit. Wealthier people benefit from the system quite a bit.
Sorry, but no SS and no substantial tax credit...we pay well over $3,000/yr for our condo. No free food or health care but pay for the freeloaders.

Just average working middle-class people getting taken to the cleaners.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Sorry, but no SS and no substantial tax credit...we pay well over $3,000/yr for our condo. No free food or health care but pay for the freeloaders.

Hey, you could always quit your jobs and get on the welfare dole that apparently is so kush.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:26 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,210,939 times
Quote:

You do get a homeowners tax credit, correct? And you will eventually get SS? And, of course, just a few years until subsidized health care.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:27 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Welfare programs certainly include the free lunches and breakfasts. If you can't feed 'em why breed 'em? Why have children you have no ability to even feed? No wonder you identify with the illegals who claim they come to the USA because they can't feed their many children back home in their own country and see the USA as a big generous welfare office.

But yes - some people want to pretend that welfare is only the one big cash giveaway program called TANF when welfare really includes all the many government handouts like Medicaid, food stamps, SSI, WIC, free government provided housing, free school meals, etc, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration