U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 09:41 PM

4,445 posts, read 5,172,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
They have better lobbyists -- you can count on that. Illegals given amnesty won't have to prove a thing, just like they didn't have to prove anything the last time they gave a big amnesty.

All they will have to do is claim to have worked here or claim they stoled some social security number and they will be given social security checks. Do you really think they are pushing for some big amnesty because they plan to pay their own way for their retirement in this country? Or because in addition to sending $800 a month in remittances they saved up their own retirement plans?

Amnesty has a whole lot to do with getting access to those programs like social security that they don't have right now. Many illegals are getting long-in-the-tooth and have no intention of returning home but amnesty will get them onto our social security programs. Americans who worked hard all their lives and paid in for 50 or more years will find themselves cut off because the needs will be so great for those who showed up illegally and now have their amnesty and so won't be going back home ever.

You got that right! So, what do you think we can do about it? Our representatives
don't hear the average American and even AARP sold out its members. How do we get American voices heard? There a lot of boomers but we need to get organized! I vote, but the politicians say anything until after the election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 09:46 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,005,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
You got that right! So, what do you think we can do about it? Our representatives
don't hear the average American and even AARP sold out its members. How do we get American voices heard? There a lot of boomers but we need to get organized! I vote, but the politicians say anything until after the election.
When did the AARP sell out? Honestly asking, I haven't followed them in a while.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:54 PM

841 posts, read 790,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
I must be doing it all wrong! I've paid taxes all my life, never missed a mortgage payment, buy my own food, paid my own way in college, and pay really huge insurance premiums with a very high deductible. Worked two jobs when one wasn't enough. I also donate time to our local library and worked hunger projects and now they want to take SS and Medicare from seniors. My Grandpa really failed to teach me how use the system so I just don't know any better.

How much would illegals get in Australia, for example?
Not wrong, good working people are getting the shaft. I wonder about Australia, if the government there is still for the people.

Old 06-27-2011, 09:58 PM

192 posts, read 91,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
Not wrong, good working people are getting the shaft. I wonder about Australia, if the government there is still for the people.
Good working people are getting the shaft. I agree with that. But I disagree that it's the illegal immigrants who are the ones, to paraphrase one Gny. Sgt. Hartman, "****ing us in the ass without the goddamn common courtesy of a reach-around."

Old 06-27-2011, 11:58 PM

1,891 posts, read 2,179,786 times
Not surprising...

It's no secret Southern California is a danged expensive place to live. How can immigrants afford to live there? Welfare.

You can get on SS without paying into it if you have a disability.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:03 AM

951 posts, read 616,961 times
So you are proposing the idea that not only are illegals coming here to leech our welfare, but they are disabling themselves to do it? /facepalm Do you realize how ****ing dumb that sounds?

Old 06-28-2011, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
So you are proposing the idea that not only are illegals coming here to leech our welfare, but they are disabling themselves to do it? /facepalm Do you realize how ****ing dumb that sounds?
I see you are not fluent in reading comprehension.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:12 AM

Yes I can read fine, you insinuate that the only way illegals live in CA is off welfare then further insinuate that they can get free SS if they can claim disability. Why were you talking about disabilities then?

Old 06-28-2011, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Yes I can read fine, you insinuate that the only way illegals live in CA is off welfare then further insinuate that they can get free SS if they can claim disability.
Doesn't look like it. Might want to try "Hooked on Phonics".

Quote:
Why were you talking about disabilities then?
Because,
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Social security - whether one agrees with it or not is a forced retirement program, you get social security benefits if and only if you paid into that program.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:26 AM

I still have no idea why you are bringing up SS and disabilities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or