U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: What to do with anchor babies
Deport all the anchor babies, and strip them of their US citizenship 65 60.75%
I accept anchor babies as US citizens will full rights, but I think the law should be changed. 16 14.95%
Anchor babies are US citizens. Even if they leave the country with their deported parents, they may come back any time. 26 24.30%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-28-2011, 03:18 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,715,573 times
Reputation: 299

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
And applying within the state of California...
Each State has its own laws regarding Citizenship within the State and as recognized from other states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-28-2011, 03:21 PM
 
17 posts, read 7,795 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Voting in a poll as to how they "wish" things could be is not the same thing as hating the rule of law. It is about changing laws that don't serve our citizens best interests anymore. I guess the pro-illegals hate the rule of law also since they are trying to change our immigration laws? Pot, kettle, black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
The irony is so tasty.
It's just too bad that the irony will fly right over the nut's head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2011, 03:26 PM
 
19 posts, read 7,008 times
Reputation: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Transient Alien refers to an alien temporarily in the host country on business, study, tourism, etc., meaning they have the Governments approval to be here. A valid non-immigrant visa.

Resident Alien, as described by Wong Kim Ark means that they are domiciled here with the approval of the Government, again Wong Kim Ark. LPR/CPR/Immigrant status.

Born in the state residing within it, has only to do with Citizens already and there children.

Now, please cite the case granting birth right citizenship to "anchor babies".
Can you cite a case that anchor babies dont get citizenship?

Because they have been getting citizenship for a while now and i figured at some point someone might have brought a case showing they didnt get citizenship.

Wait, there are no cases? Wow, well i guess you are wrong then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2011, 03:33 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,006,880 times
Reputation: 111
Can't wait until I get enough free time to engage in the constitutional debate. Fun for everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2011, 03:35 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,715,573 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill X View Post
Can you cite a case that anchor babies dont get citizenship?

Because they have been getting citizenship for a while now and i figured at some point someone might have brought a case showing they didnt get citizenship.

Wait, there are no cases? Wow, well i guess you are wrong then.
Wrong/Right? Wow, so this is a competition.

Simply because the states have issued certificates up to this point doesn't mean things can not change. California, Arizona, and a few other States have brought up the fact that they may pass laws requiring documentation in order to obtain these certificates.

The fact that there are no cases citing that "anchor babies" are not entitled to birth right citizenship, doesn't prove me wrong at all. It only takes one denial with a lawsuit to to set precedent. Lets hope that it happens real soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2011, 03:42 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,019,998 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
...Lets hope that it happens real soon.
(fingers crossed, eyes closed) Please, please, please, please, please...

Damn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2011, 03:44 PM
 
192 posts, read 91,570 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Wrong/Right? Wow, so this is a competition.

Simply because the states have issued certificates up to this point doesn't mean things can not change. California, Arizona, and a few other States have brought up the fact that they may pass laws requiring documentation in order to obtain these certificates.

The fact that there are no cases citing that "anchor babies" are not entitled to birth right citizenship, doesn't prove me wrong at all. It only takes one denial with a lawsuit to to set precedent. Lets hope that it happens real soon.
The LAW, which is on the books right now, is that anchor babies are US citizens. If you would strip them of that, then you would want to shred the rule of law in this land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2011, 03:47 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,715,573 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookie47 View Post
The LAW, which is on the books right now, is that anchor babies are US citizens. If you would strip them of that, then you would want to shred the rule of law in this land.
There is no LAW at this time, it is all PERCEPTION. They simply received a Long Form Birth Certificate. Whats going to happen when States begin to require ID/Documentation in order to obtain these documents? Please cite, from US Code, the LAW that describes Citizenship granting to "transient aliens" or for that matter, illegal aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2011, 03:48 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,715,573 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
(fingers crossed, eyes closed) Please, please, please, please, please...

Damn.
Funny, but doesn't do anything to actually progress any discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2011, 03:52 PM
 
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
16,119 posts, read 20,193,793 times
Reputation: 8204
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
No - he was not a natural born American citizen, the same reason Obama's foreign birth was such an issue and why there was a focus on his birth certificate.

The Constitution requires a president be born in the USA, not just an immigrant who attained citizenship.
But did his father enter the country legally?

Like I said, if the name was Lopez you might be singing a different tune
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top