U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 01:46 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,005,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
No, that part I do not agree with. I don't advocate violence unless it is absolutely necessary to use force to protect one's self or one's borders. I do wish that the illegal who raped me when I was 6 years old had been shot, which would have prevented not only my own pain but possibly that of other little girls. But then again, I would advocate shooting and killing ANYONE who raped a child, no matter if they were white, black, brown or purple.
That's all fair, I think a lot of people support the death penalty for child rapists.

It's just odd, as has been pointed out, that certain comments like that get a bit of a pass from your side of things. Obviously these people are not terrorists, and they should not be shot.

Old 06-29-2011, 01:52 PM

403 posts, read 280,796 times
Quote:
No, that part I do not agree with. I don't advocate violence unless it is absolutely necessary to use force to protect one's self or one's borders. I do wish that the illegal who raped me when I was 6 years old had been shot, which would have prevented not only my own pain but possibly that of other little girls. But then again, I would advocate shooting and killing ANYONE who raped a child, no matter if they were white, black, brown or purple.
I'm sorry, I'm sure that must have been a horrific experience for you. I certainly agree, and I think most people would as well, that child rapists, whether legal citizens or illegal immigrants, deserve the harshest penalties our society deems just.

Old 06-29-2011, 01:53 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,117,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
ATLANTA - Six young illegal immigrants were arrested Tuesday after they sat down and blocked traffic near the Georgia state Capitol to publicly declare their status and to protest state policies targeting people who are in the U.S. illegally, the latest in a string of such "coming out" events.
The young people were protesting a policy that bars Georgia's most competitive state colleges and universities from accepting illegal immigrants, and they were opposing strict new state legislation.

Read more: 6 illegal migrants arrested in protest

Deport em!
As soon as they "declared their status" they should have been taken into custody, bagged, tagged and returned to their nation of origin.

Old 06-29-2011, 01:57 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,117,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
I won't get into the fact that none of that requires violence, but do you think they should be shot for it? Really?

That's what the hard left illegal alien supporters do. Constantly take comments people make who oppose illegal immigration to extremes.

You disagree with OUR side you must be a RACIST, you want them DEAD, you think they're ANIMALS.

Get off your high horses and actually READ what someone posts, and take what they say LITERALLY. Don't interject your perceptions on what someone says. Read what they say and take it literally.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
That's what the hard left illegal alien supporters do. Constantly take comments people make who oppose illegal immigration to extremes.
....Someone in this very thread said they should be shot, and it was the same conversation. I just wanted to clarify that that's not what she wanted.

Sorry for ASKING whether or not she believed the EXTREME position that had already been stated by someone here, with no one on your side saying anything negative about it until after it was pointed out by us, despite having several opportunities.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:20 PM

2,798 posts, read 5,362,724 times
Quote:
That's all fair, I think a lot of people support the death penalty for child rapists.

It's just odd, as has been pointed out, that certain comments like that get a bit of a pass from your side of things. Obviously these people are not terrorists, and they should not be shot.
I don't give it a pass, I just take into consideration that someone with those views may have personal reasons for feeling as they do and those feelings/views aren't going to change until they feel ready to change them, for whatever reason. I do not know what their life experiences have been to have helped form their views.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
I don't give it a pass, I just take into consideration that someone with those views may have personal reasons for feeling as they do and those feelings/views aren't going to change until they feel ready to change them, for whatever reason. I do not know what their life experiences have been to have helped form their views.
Would you take the same approach if I said anyone who actively opposes illegal immigration should be shot? Obviously not, but something could totally be shaping my views, so give me a pass, right?

Give me a break.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:29 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

You disagree with OUR side you must be a RACIST, you want them DEAD, you think they're ANIMALS.

Get off your high horses and actually READ what someone posts, and take what they say LITERALLY. Don't interject your perceptions on what someone says. Read what they say and take it literally.
That's what the pro-illegals do. They take the radical remarks of a few anti's and smear our entire movement with them. I don't advocate violence either unless absolutely necessary.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:16 PM

2,798 posts, read 5,362,724 times
Quote:
Would you take the same approach if I said anyone who actively opposes illegal immigration should be shot? Obviously not, but something could totally be shaping my views, so give me a pass, right?

Give me a break.
Actually, yes, I would give you a pass based on the same criteria and I have done so in the past when a now long gone poster made a comment that those who opposed illegal immigration should be dropped in the worst parts of Mexico so they could be shot at or tormented by the cartels. However, I am not willing to give a pass to those who actually threaten to take up shovels and axes against us. Saying someone should be shot is not the same as actually threatening to do the act.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:53 PM

574 posts, read 1,342,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
Why Mexico?
It is the easiest border to reach and push them over!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or