U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-04-2011, 10:57 PM
 
3,204 posts, read 2,394,879 times
Reputation: 1544

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
What kind of an amoral creature bases their ethics precisely on the law?

I wouldn't know. Do you? Resorting to personal attacks shows how shallow your argument is.

What kind of person sneaks their family into a country illegally for personal gain? What kind of person subjects their family to a life of lies, knowing they could be separated at any time? Is that what people are talking about when they says it is all for their family?

Most families I know want a solid foundation and teach their children that lying and stealing are wrong. I guess that's just me...maybe my ethics are based on the law. Or maybe the law is based on ethics????????? DUH

 
Old 07-04-2011, 11:02 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,008,721 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post

It seems to me as if someone is killed by a drunk driver, all drunk drivers are looked at with disdain. Maybe this works the same way. Certainly not everyone that has driven drunk has killed someone, yet because they are doing something illegal they are held in contempt.
A. Not a personal attack

B. This literally says that drunk drivers are held in contempt because the activity is illegal.
 
Old 07-04-2011, 11:20 PM
 
Location: Tempe, Az
1,421 posts, read 1,242,262 times
Reputation: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgob View Post
That is what I am wondering. Isn't slavery and rape legal or was legal in some places?
Slaves, rape AND illegal aliens are agains the law in the USA. I dont like any of it.
 
Old 07-04-2011, 11:24 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,029,168 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
...What kind of person sneaks their family into a country illegally for personal gain?...
I've seen this term of "sneak" enough times here, I think it is the new buzzword...

Instead of saying the old overused cliche, adapt to the new phrase:

"My ancestors didn't sneak in!"...
 
Old 07-04-2011, 11:26 PM
 
Location: Tempe, Az
1,421 posts, read 1,242,262 times
Reputation: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I've seen this term of "sneak" enough times here, I think it is the new buzzword...

Instead of saying the old overused cliche, adapt to the new phrase:

"My ancestors didn't sneak in!"...
Were talkin bout NOW. What you say goes for Mexico to yet I dont hear bout Hispanics wanting to go back to Spain.
 
Old 07-04-2011, 11:45 PM
 
3,204 posts, read 2,394,879 times
Reputation: 1544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
A. Not a personal attack

B. This literally says that drunk drivers are held in contempt because the activity is illegal.

Uhhhh, yes it does. Geez, that is what I meant it to say.

Since you aren't capable of connecting the dots I will do it for you.


Illegals are here illegally so they are held in contempt. Some may hurt you and some may not. But it's still illegal however you look at it.

And, yes it was a personal attack.
 
Old 07-04-2011, 11:56 PM
 
3,204 posts, read 2,394,879 times
Reputation: 1544
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I've seen this term of "sneak" enough times here, I think it is the new buzzword...

Instead of saying the old overused cliche, adapt to the new phrase:

"My ancestors didn't sneak in!"...

Feel free to put me on ignore if you don't like my choice of words. But don't feel empowered enough to tell me what to post. I don't see that you are a moderator.

I can understand why that word would upset those with a pro illegal stance, however. It does point out the fact that those here illegally know perfectly well that what they are doing is wrong or there would be no need for all the sneaking and lies.
 
Old 07-05-2011, 02:06 AM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,375,727 times
Reputation: 6451
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Imagine Americans going illegally into another country and making a public scene, protesting against the government of that country.

If deportation back to the USA was the worst thing that happened, who could object?
Hate to say this, but other Countries are not as stupid as This Country. Your right, so very right. Other Governments would not allow this to happen at all, depending on what Country Americans pulled this crap in, hate to think what could happen to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top