Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 05:56 PM

574 posts, read 1,640,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Sad how criminals can be so bold because they face almost no consequences.
That is the major problem! They will face little to no consequences, they will cost public service time and taxes to deal with them, and they will incite others to do the same because they know nobody wants to deal with a political hot potato!

Old 06-29-2011, 06:06 PM

574 posts, read 1,640,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
No, that part I do not agree with. I don't advocate violence unless it is absolutely necessary to use force to protect one's self or one's borders.

They failed to use force to prevent the illegals from crossing the border so use it now to end the problem!

I do wish that the illegal who raped me when I was 6 years old had been shot, which would have prevented not only my own pain but possibly that of other little girls. But then again, I would advocate shooting and killing ANYONE who raped a child, no matter if they were white, black, brown or purple.

And that is why you shoot them now to prevent them from progressing to more significant crimes. These scumbags are taunting the laws, the US People, and the government by saying "Hey look at me and what I know I'll get away with! What do you think I'll do next?" This also sends a message to the remainder of the illegals to shut up and get out or you too could be shot!
Answers in blue italic above.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:56 PM

403 posts, read 334,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
No, that part I do not agree with. I don't advocate violence unless it is absolutely necessary to use force to protect one's self or one's borders. I do wish that the illegal who raped me when I was 6 years old had been shot, which would have prevented not only my own pain but possibly that of other little girls. But then again, I would advocate shooting and killing ANYONE who raped a child, no matter if they were white, black, brown or purple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbiggs View Post
I am 100% sure that you would change your beliefs if an illegal immigrant raped, tortured, murdered, robbed, etc., you or someone you loved or cared for.
Even if I did, that wouldn't make me right if I then held that against all illegal immigrants to justify my reason for wanting to kick them out of the country. Are you like 10? I think that's the age most people stop using that argument.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:21 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
Even if I did, that wouldn't make me right if I then held that against all illegal immigrants to justify my reason for wanting to kick them out of the country. Are you like 10? I think that's the age most people stop using that argument.

But then again, maybe just the mere fact alone that we have immigration quotas in this country that are supposed to protect our citizens, and illegal immigrants are breaking the law, could be enough reason to want them kicked out of the country. You don't have to think like a 10 year old to understand that someone that breaks the law is supposed to be given consequences.

It seems to me as if someone is killed by a drunk driver, all drunk drivers are looked at with disdain. Maybe this works the same way. Certainly not everyone that has driven drunk has killed someone, yet because they are doing something illegal they are held in contempt.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:27 AM

2,852 posts, read 6,484,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbiggs View Post
Answers in blue italic above.
No, that doesn't sit well with me. If it was known for a fact that someone caught trying to cross the border was a rapist, child molester, drug dealer, murderer, or some other type of violent criminal, then yes, I wouldn't be bothered if they were shot at the border. But many of those people are children, the elderly and pregnant women. I despise the fact that they sneak over the border and that the pregnant women do so with deliberate intent to give birth here, but I could never condone shooting them, unless they pulled a gun or some other deadly weapon and attacked the border guards.

However, if they decide to riot and take up weapons against American citizens you can bet I would shoot to defend and protect.

I think we need to have a strong SHOW of force at the border, only to be mobilized when absolutely neccessary.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:52 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,210,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
But then again, maybe just the mere fact alone that we have immigration quotas in this country that are supposed to protect our citizens, and illegal immigrants are breaking the law, could be enough reason to want them kicked out of the country. You don't have to think like a 10 year old to understand that someone that breaks the law is supposed to be given consequences.

It seems to me as if someone is killed by a drunk driver, all drunk drivers are looked at with disdain. Maybe this works the same way. Certainly not everyone that has driven drunk has killed someone, yet because they are doing something illegal they are held in contempt.
What kind of an amoral creature bases their ethics precisely on the law?

Old 07-02-2011, 10:50 PM

199 posts, read 178,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
What kind of an amoral creature bases their ethics precisely on the law?
That is what I am wondering. Isn't slavery and rape legal or was legal in some places?

Old 07-02-2011, 11:33 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,096 times
More completely:

"Dulce Guerrero, 18; Jessica Vasquez, 18; Rolando Zenteno, 16; Nataly Ibarra, 16; Felipe Baeza, 24; and Leeidy Solis, 16; have all been arrested by capitol police. All are current high school students except for Guerrero, who graduated earlier this month, and Baeza, who received his Bachelor’s degree from The Cooper Union in New York in 2009. All are Georgia residents except for Baeza, who lives in New York."

The 16-year olds will "be released to their parents", which might not take place if you think about it. They, as well as possibly the two 18-year olds, will not necessarily be "deportable" ("illegal presence" starts from age 18 years and 181 days), it is more that they are "removable" (if they are charged and released, it is not even being removed). No countries of origin were provided.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:47 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Imagine Americans going illegally into another country and making a public scene, protesting against the government of that country.

If deportation back to the USA was the worst thing that happened, who could object?

Old 07-04-2011, 09:46 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltronFlyer View Post
So if drunk driving wasnt against the law you wouldnt look at drunk driver with disdain? How about murderers?

Is your comment supposed to make sense in some way?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration