Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2008, 03:45 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,421,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie C. View Post
After going back and looking at your posts, I see you have some sort of ax to grind. Pages and pages and
Quote:
pages of anti-immigration/anti-Mexican
rhetoric spews from you like no one else on this board. As you clearly are not interested in any opinion other than your own, then why bother at this point? Anyone can go back and look at the hundreds of anti-immigration/anti-Mexican posts you've littered cyberspace with.

To suggest that someone not be allowed to have a family or children because they are poor is truly reprehensible.

And for the record: I am and always would be honored to help the poor in any way I can.

I'm in no way religious, but...

"If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." 1 John 3:17-18
Where does any of JDubsMom's posts state the term "anti-immigration/anti Mexican" instead of "inti "illegal" immigrants"???.

If your going to judge a person by what they wrote, Be fair and Judge them by what they did write and not what they didn't write.

The only ones on this forum that use the terms "anti-immigration" or "anti-Mexican", are the ones who support illegal immigration.
Your colors are beginning to show.

False accusation is a sin in the eyes of the Lord.

PS
Are you Ellie C, or Ellie Mae,?

Last edited by mkfarnam; 11-25-2008 at 03:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 03:51 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Where does any of JDubsMom's posts state the term "anti-immigrants/anti Mexican" instead of "inti "illegal" immigrants"???.

If your going to judge a person by what they wrote, Be fair and Judge them by what they did write and not what they didn't write.

The only ones on this forum that use the terms "anti-immigrant" or "anti-Mexican", are the ones who support illegal immigration.

Agreed. Thank you MK!

Old 11-25-2008, 04:10 PM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
[quote=Ellie C.;6312815]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

But that's exactly how it used to be - you came over on the boat and you just went to school. When did it change?

Also some food for thought: plenty of taxes go for things we don't directly use yet are for the greater good of society as a whole. Lots of people don't have children, yet they pay school taxes. Lots of people don't have cars, yet they pay taxes to improve roads.
It was never like that. People came through Ellis Island and had to prove they were capable of contributing. Next, I'm pretty sure anyone born here went to school here so they have benefited from school. Even if someone doesn't drive their goods and services arrive on those roads.
20 million leeching the system do not contribute more than they take.

People never just "showed up" and started leeching the system. That's only happened in about the last 50 years with out of control Illegal Immigration.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:31 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times
[quote=1AngryTaxPayer;6313728]
Quote:

People never just "showed up" and started leeching the system. That's only happened in about the last 50 years with out of control Illegal Immigration.
Bravo. I couldn't agree more!

Last edited by JDubsMom; 11-25-2008 at 06:48 PM..

Old 11-25-2008, 08:49 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,905,198 times
See what I don't understand is why you don't want them to be educated? They already are here, why not allow them assimilate and become productive members of society? But you don't want that? You want them to be MORE of a drain on the system. Remember they already are here. I'd rather invest in the kids future so they can get jobs and pay taxes and be avid consumers. But you guys don't want that? You want lower taxes now so I and the younger generation have to pay more later? Try telling your kids that you wanted to save little now to screw over kids of illegal immigrants because it is the "moral" and "lawful" thing to do, and that they will have to pay MORE in taxes because of your choices. They'll be glad that you piled on even more debt on them.

If education leads to better jobs with higher pay, then educate the kids so that they have higher pay and pay more taxes. Also, since they live in impovrished areas with AMERICANS, this would benefit the inner city and rural areas where Americans comprise the majority of the population.

Old 11-26-2008, 07:57 AM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
See what I don't understand is why you don't want them to be educated? They already are here, why not allow them assimilate and become productive members of society? But you don't want that? You want them to be MORE of a drain on the system. Remember they already are here. I'd rather invest in the kids future so they can get jobs and pay taxes and be avid consumers. But you guys don't want that? You want lower taxes now so I and the younger generation have to pay more later? Try telling your kids that you wanted to save little now to screw over kids of illegal immigrants because it is the "moral" and "lawful" thing to do, and that they will have to pay MORE in taxes because of your choices. They'll be glad that you piled on even more debt on them.

If education leads to better jobs with higher pay, then educate the kids so that they have higher pay and pay more taxes. Also, since they live in impovrished areas with AMERICANS, this would benefit the inner city and rural areas where Americans comprise the majority of the population.
Listen, if they cannot support themselves the U.S. doesn't need the drain on our society. That's pretty easy for me to understand since I'm the one being forced to pay for their improved livelihood here.

On one side I feel sorry for them as these are desperate people. On the other hand I've been forced to compete with them for the last five years. This involves family members over employment, school, the ER and every niche in between.

Let Mexico and other govts deal with the problem where it should have been handled originally.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:33 AM

425 posts, read 1,092,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Where does any of JDubsMom's posts state the term "anti-immigration/anti Mexican" instead of "inti "illegal" immigrants"???.

The only ones on this forum that use the terms "anti-immigration" or "anti-Mexican", are the ones who support illegal immigration.

PS
Ha! Definitely not Ellie Mae...

I didn't use "anti-" anything as a quote, but if I think if you or anyone else is inclined to go and read a history of the person in question's posts, there is a clear pattern. Ones regarding a border fence can only be referring to Mexico, and are therefore anti-Mexican by default. Look at the history, and not just on this topic.

My true colors are pretty easy to see. It boils down to this: broad sweeping generalizations about any one nationality or race is wrong. If I see someone calling members of one nationality or race names like "maggot" "wilderbeast (SIC)" "rapist" "pedophile", and so forth, it gets to me. There are criminals in every society. There are good people in every society.

I am not "pro-illegal immigration". Quite the opposite. This post is about allowing children here illegally to attend school. My position was that if they're here, we should allow them to be educated because it only serves our best interests in the long run. My call was for compassion for children.

The system is broken, for sure. But please go back and read what I wrote about WHY I feel it's a mistake to exclude children from the public school system if they wish to attend. I know it costs money, but I think if you don't spend money educating a child now you will most certainly spend it housing them as a prisoner later, or worse defending yourself against someone who has been convinced to retaliate as a terrorist for the ills that their society has brought against them. It's the very bait that young men are lured into terrorist training camps with, and I see the potential for it happening right in our own backyard instead of over in Afghanistan.

It's a fact that the vast majority of the prison population and crimes committed are by people who have little or no education. So until the immigration problem is fixed (if ever), why perpetuate this by refusing to educate these children, who are really just innocent victims of circumstance?

False accusation is indeed a sin (which I don't believe was committed here); so is turning your back on children and the less fortunate. There is far more scripture of Jesus directly saying not turn your back on the poor and less fortunate than there is about anything else. I'm not a religious person but I do know that much.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:59 AM

[quote=1AngryTaxPayer;6313728]
Quote:

It was never like that. People came through Ellis Island and had to prove they were capable of contributing. Next, I'm pretty sure anyone born here went to school here so they have benefited from school. Even if someone doesn't drive their goods and services arrive on those roads.
20 million leeching the system do not contribute more than they take.

As a grandchild of immigrants who came through Ellis Island, I have to tell you you're quite wrong there. My grandmother didn't speak a word of English. She fled a revolution in her country with the clothes on her back. She did indeed just "show up". I don't know what she could have possibly done to prove her capability to contribute to anything. She was a teenage refugee, like so many others. She never attended school here, and she never learned to speak English.

Her grandchildren are all college educated, a couple are doctors and lawyers. Six of my immediate family members work for the Department of Justice, and my brother was quite high ranking in the DOJ before he retired. So you see, not every immigrant who just shows up and wants to come into the country is a bad person. Maybe it's the subsequent generations that contribute.

My friend Dan just "showed up" from his country in southeast Asia with $8 in his pocket. He too spoke no English. He went into NYC and got a job washing dishes at a Mister Donut before he had a place to sleep. He now owns three restaurants in Connecticut, after many years of hard work, scrimping and saving everything.

There are thousands of positive stories about good people who come to this country with nothing to make a better life for themselves and their families. They are not all criminals and looking for a free life.

The solution to the immigration problem is not going to come in the form of a wall; it will come from diplomacy and working with the other countries who do not have the ecomonic infrastructure to allow for a decent life for it's citizens.

This is nothing new: in the mid 1800's it was the Irish. All the arguments were the same: they're a drain on our economy, they're criminals, they're taking our jobs, etc. Someday it will be another group and it will start all over again. It's been a problem for almost 200 years, so don't look for it to go away anytime soon, I'm afraid.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:59 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Yac deleted the original posts in question and altered the others.

Being a Moderator on an automotive Forum I too have had to 'swing the hammer' a few times myself dealing with a Troll or three
Automotive Forum....here?????????

Yep, I been orphaned once or twice meself...................

BAck on topic...............Why should the American taxpayer be expected to, Bail out the banks, bailout the auto industry, bailout the States, bailout the school systems, bailout the credit card companies and not complain about the injustice to us the taxpayer??????

Why should we be footing the financial bill for the illegals. And with both the wife and the daughter being school teachers I get LOTS of first hand stories about the illegals in the school system...........

Old 11-26-2008, 11:08 AM

So Convert, what does your wife and daughter think should be done when a child who's undocumented shows up for school? Should the police be called? Or I guess I should ask what do they do when this happens?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration