Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2008, 10:55 AM

10 posts, read 28,931 times

Advertisements

I would like to make a statement about the subject and the way that I am reading the way the reply's have gone. I am attending college and a required class that we have to take is cultural diversity. And it has opened my eyes to many things that are going on in this country, such as stereotyping a specific race or ethnic background, such as Mexicans.

Not all illegal Mexicans commit fraud, ignore our laws etc; for the most part most of the Mexicans that I have met in my years (though it is not that many) as a young adult and as an adult abide by the laws. They are trying to provide for their families that are in a country that cannot provide the wages etc; that the United States can.

I think that we as a country should try to work with Mexico to better their own country so they can provide what their citizens cross the border for. Better paying jobs, better education, better health care ,why not we have spent untold amounts of money to help rebuild a country that was not destroyed by us initially because of religious differences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2008, 11:29 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle76 View Post
I would like to make a statement about the subject and the way that I am reading the way the reply's have gone. I am attending college and a required class that we have to take is cultural diversity. And it has opened my eyes to many things that are going on in this country, such as stereotyping a specific race or ethnic background, such as Mexicans.

Not all illegal Mexicans commit fraud, ignore our laws etc; for the most part most of the Mexicans that I have met in my years (though it is not that many) as a young adult and as an adult abide by the laws. They are trying to provide for their families that are in a country that cannot provide the wages etc; that the United States can.

I think that we as a country should try to work with Mexico to better their own country so they can provide what their citizens cross the border for. Better paying jobs, better education, better health care ,why not we have spent untold amounts of money to help rebuild a country that was not destroyed by us initially because of religious differences.
Behind every myth is a grain of truth. Behind every stereo type are also truths.
Every illegal regardless of nation of origin is in fact a criminal. Any illegal working without a ssn is committing a crime in fact several. If they have a SSN 99% sure its not theirs so that is fraud.
Why do we need to help the 15th wealthiest nation cure their poverty issues when we have not cured our own? What makes the USA the welfare manager of the world? Do we not have enough problems of our own?
Read a little more and learn from a source besides the cultural diversity class at college. No doubt taught by a bleeding heart pro-illegal.
Look at the countless US citizens who have lost their livelyhoods to illegals lowballing wages.
Look at the countless US citizens who have had their lives destroyed by ID Theft, violent crimes because criminals sneak accross our borders as well. Worse still the hispanic pop know these individuals are criminals and shelter them with equal zeal as non-criminals. The mind set he is one of us so we owe him loyalty. No way to pardon facilitators and supporters when my own fellow countrymen are falling victim to the practices of illegals and their facilitators.

Old 11-29-2008, 12:13 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,285,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed. A vast majority of gang members are anchor babies, aka citizens by default who otherwise would not be eligible for citizenship due to their extensive rap sheets.
Source..?

Old 11-29-2008, 12:19 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,421,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Behind every myth is a grain of truth. Behind every stereo type are also truths.
Every illegal regardless of nation of origin is in fact a criminal. Any illegal working without a ssn is committing a crime in fact several. If they have a SSN 99% sure its not theirs so that is fraud.
Why do we need to help the 15th wealthiest nation cure their poverty issues when we have not cured our own? What makes the USA the welfare manager of the world? Do we not have enough problems of our own?
Read a little more and learn from a source besides the cultural diversity class at college. No doubt taught by a bleeding heart pro-illegal.
Look at the countless US citizens who have lost their livelyhoods to illegals lowballing wages.
Look at the countless US citizens who have had their lives destroyed by ID Theft, violent crimes because criminals sneak accross our borders as well. Worse still the hispanic pop know these individuals are criminals and shelter them with equal zeal as non-criminals. The mind set he is one of us so we owe him loyalty. No way to pardon facilitators and supporters when my own fellow countrymen are falling victim to the practices of illegals and their facilitators.
I Agree.

Quote:
They're teaching only one side of the story. I'll bet the teacher has never mentioned the consequenses or results of other countries who accepted multiculturism, aka, diversity.
This should be considered a "conflict of interest".

Old 11-29-2008, 01:10 PM

10 posts, read 28,931 times
Ok , i get the point that is being made and I do agree that illegals should not be coming here illegaly. But we have to look at how diverse the country is becoming, do we also feel the same way about illegal immigrants coming in from other countries. I agree they should come in to the United states legally and should put in the same things that we do and not benifit from the hard work of legal American citizens.

America is made up of immigrants from other countries such as Germany, England, Ireland etc; the only true non-immigrants in the United States are full blooded Native Americans.

Old 11-29-2008, 02:42 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,421,922 times
Quote:
Ok , i get the point that is being made and I do agree that illegals should not be coming here illegaly. But we have to look at how diverse the country is becoming, do we also feel the same way about illegal immigrants coming in from other countries. I agree they should come in to the United states legally and should put in the same things that we do and not benifit from the hard work of legal American citizens.
Quote:
America is made up of immigrants from other countries such as Germany, England, Ireland etc
; the only true non-immigrants in the United States are full blooded Native Americans.
It's easy for you to say that when your not effected by them. (yet)

America was made up by legal immigrant.
, when no immigration laws were in place. It's about to be un-done by Illegals.

Old 11-29-2008, 02:58 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:

America is made up of immigrants from other countries such as Germany, England, Ireland etc; the only true non-immigrants in the United States are full blooded Native Americans.
Did I not say illegals? I made no mention of nationality because the nationality is not relevent. I only spoke of mexico because you brought it up.That said greater focus is on mexico because it constitutes up to 80% of the violators. Once again if you have several dripping fausetts in your house and 1 pipe thats completely broken and pouring water into your cellar what is your priority? You stop the the flood from the broken pipe fix it and move on to the rest of the problems.
Hispanics may feel singled out as well they should be. They as a community shelter and facilitate so many illegals and thus bring the lime light upon themselves. If they want to make things better for themselves simply stop sheltering and facilitating. Start reporting the illegals . I report them every time I come accross one.

Old 11-29-2008, 03:33 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:

Try again: some of our Native American Indians arrived here later than others. I am safely say there were conflicts between the Old Guard and the 'New Talent'.

Funny how people try to guilt the Americans, Mexicans and everybody else of non 'indigenous lineage' in the face of the above.

Old 11-29-2008, 04:12 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,405,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Source..?

Quote:
The Immigrant Gang Plague
Heather Mac Donald

Before immigration optimists issue another rosy prognosis for America’s multicultural future, they might visit Belmont High School in Los Angeles’s overwhelmingly Hispanic, gang-ridden Rampart district. “Upward and onward” is not a phrase that comes to mind when speaking to the first- and second-generation immigrant teens milling around the school this January.
“Most of the people I used to hang out with when I first came to the school have dropped out,” observes Jackie, a vivacious illegal alien from Guatemala. “Others got kicked out or got into drugs. Five graduated, and four home girls got pregnant.”
Certainly, none of the older teens I met outside Belmont was on track to graduate. Jackie herself flunked ninth grade (“I used to ditch a lot,” she explains) and never caught up. She is now pursuing a General Equivalency Diploma—a watered-down certificate for dropouts or expelled students—in the school’s “adult” division. Vanessa, who sports a tiny horseshoe protruding from her nostrils, is applying to the adult division, too, having been kicked out of Belmont at age 18. “I didn’t come to school very often,” says this American-born child of illegal aliens from El Salvador. Her boyfriend, Albert, a dashing 19-year-old with long, slicked-back hair, got expelled for truancy but has talked his way back into the regular high school. “I have good manipulative skills,” he smiles. After a robbery conviction, Albert was put on probation but broke every rule in the book: “Curfews, grades, attendance, missed court days,” he boasts. “But they still let me off the hook.”
These Belmont teens are no aberration. Hispanic youths, whether recent arrivals or birthright American citizens, are developing an underclass culture. (By “Hispanic” here, I mean the population originating in Latin America—above all, in Mexico—as distinct from America’s much smaller Puerto Rican and Dominican communities of Caribbean descent, which have themselves long shown elevated crime and welfare rates.) Hispanic school dropout rates and teen birthrates are now the highest in the nation. Gang crime is exploding nationally—rising 50 percent from 1999 to 2002—driven by the march of Hispanic immigration east and north across the country. Most worrisome, underclass indicators like crime and single parenthood do not improve over successive generations of Hispanics—they worsen.

The Immigrant Gang Plague by Heather Mac Donald, City Journal Summer 2004
Long articles but definitely worth the read. Additionally, here is a link that confirms the massive number of anchor baby births in California. You can look up the massive anchor baby birth rates and gang data in: Illinois, Florida, Arizona and Texas on your own.

Quote:
This is the html version of the file http://www.texansforimmigrationreform.com/articles/040610-CA%20going%20broke.pdf (broken link).

Why is California Going Broke?
By: Madeleine Pelner Cosman, Ph.D., Esq
Question for Dr. Madeleine:
California's Emergency Physicians blame guns, gunshot injury, and gun violence for California's
medical catastrophe. You blame the law EMTALA (Emergency Medical Treatment and Active
Labor Act) for hospital closures and for degenerating high-tech Emergency Rooms into local
medical offices that offer expensive free care to Illegal Aliens.
We Emergency Room docs welcome Illegal Aliens as patients with strong family values. You
call Illegal Alien newborns "Anchor Babies." Why? Would you cruelly ban women in labor, the
injured, and the disabled from our hospital Emergency Rooms?
Answer:
American Emergency Rooms welcome "Anchor Babies." Illegal Alien women come to the
hospital in labor and drop their little anchors. Each Anchor Baby born in the U.S. pulls its Illegal
Alien mother, father, and siblings into permanent residency. The Anchor Babies become citizens
and instantly qualify for welfare aid.
At least 300,000 to 350,000 Anchor Babies annually become citizens in California-because of
the Constitution's 14th Amendment: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and
subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and the State wherein they
reside."
In 2003 in Stockton, California, 70% of the 2300 babies born in San Joaquin General Hospital's
maternity ward were Anchor Babies. In Stockton, 45% of kids under ` age six are Latino (30% in
1993). In 1994, 74,987 Anchor Babies in hospital maternity units cost $215 million and were a
mere 36% of all Medi-Cal births. Now they are over 50%.
Reality = The Seen + The Unseen.
The great French economist Frederic Bastiat noted that The Unseen is more expensive than The
Seen. Guns rarely are part of the cost. Consider the Silverio Family in Stockton. They were
featured in the Wall Street Journal in 2003. The Silverios are Illegal Aliens as they are Seen:
hardlaboring fruit-pickers with family values who want, the American dream.
Let's consider the Unseen. Cristobal Silverio came illegally from Oxtotilan, Mexico, in 1997, and
brought his wife Felipa plus 3 kids aged 19, 12, and 8. Felipa, the menopausal mother of the
bride Lourdes (age 19), suddenly popped out a new daughter, her Anchor Baby named Flor. Flor
was premature, spent 3 months in the neonatal incubator, and cost San Joaquin Hospital over
$300,000. Meanwhile Lourdes plus her Illegal Alien husband made their own little Anchor Baby
named Emeralda. Not to be out done, Grandma Felipa made a second Anchor Baby named
Cristian.
Anchor Babies are valuable to the Silverios. Their two Anchor Babies qualify for $1000 per
month welfare. A disabled Anchor Baby is more valuable than a well. Anchor Baby. Flor gets

$600 per month for asthma, whereas Cristian, who is healthy, gets $400. Therefore, Illegal
Aliens Cristobal & Felipa earned $18,000 picking fruit. Anchor Babies Flor and Cristian earned
$12,000 for being Anchor Babies. This Illegal Alien family's annual income thus tops $30,000.
Cristobal Silverio when drunk one Saturday night crashed his van. He has no auto insurance, no
driver's license, and owes thousands. But he easily bought another van. Stockton Police maintain
that 44% of all hit and runs are by Illegal Aliens. If Cris had been seriously injured, not to worry.
EMTALA would provide, as it did for the four-year rehabilitation of a quadriplegic neighbor
Illegal Alien.
Any hospital having to fund such unreimbursed millions well knows the high cost of living. My
mechanic employs an Illegal Alien I shall call Umberto who said when I came to pick up my
truck, "Dr. Cosman, my children lost their shadows! Help me." What? Umberto has five disabled
children: two are autistic, two have ADHD, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, and one
has ODD, Oppositional Defiant Disorder. All take California government-supplied medications
including Ritalin. The autistic children had "shadows" who are personal attendants, one per
child, according to IDEA, the federal Individuals with Disability Education Act (1975). Law
provided a shadow plus an IEP, an Individual Education Program that cost about $30,000 per
year per kid.
Umberto and his wife dine out alone each week thanks to California-provided Respite Care baby
sitters. Illegal Aliens have translators, advocates, and middlemen supplied by Mexican civil
rights groups or by Medicaid. MediCal in 2003 had 760,000 Illegal Aliens, up from 2002 when
there were 470,000. Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is a non-means-tested federal grant of
money and food stamps. People qualify easily. Scams, frauds, and cheats are rampant. In one
local clinic, 300 people diagnosed as "mildly mentally retarded" all had.the same translator, same
psychiatrist, same symptoms, and same stipend.
Fraud is an equal opportunity employer. One of Southern California's best teachers of how to lie,
fake symptoms, and defraud MediCal was a Cambodian, named Hour Bun Khy. Permanent
Disability has skyrocketed because its definition is vague (a 12month problem that interferes
with work), flexible (thanks to the Sullivan v Zebley case, Supreme Court, 1990), and
individualistic (thanks to Government Accounting Office regulations). Mental, social,
behavioral, and personality disorders are included. Over 500,000 "mentally disabled kids on
psychotropic drugs for ADHD and ODD have incentives to bad, bizarre behavior. On the street,
disability stipends are called "crazy money" for crazy behavior. Drug Addiction and Alcoholism
are classified as diseases and disabilities. Disability Code DA&A had in 1983 only 3,000 stipend
recipients but in 1994 exploded to 101,000. In 2003, between 250,000 and 400,000 got. lump
sum grants of disability money via SSI.
Linda Torres was arrested in Bakersfield with close to $8500 in small bills in a sack. The police
originally thought it was stolen money. It was her SSI lump sum award for her disability: heroin
addiction. Immigrants on SSI, including legal aliens, refugees, and illegals with fraudulent
Social Security cards, numbered a mere 127,900 aliens (3.3% of recipients) in 1982. By 1992 the
numbers gorged to 601,430 entitled (10.9% of recipients), and in 2003 several million (c.25% of
recipients).
The Unseen costs more than the Seen. EMTALA causes about 50% of unpaid hospital monies,
proud Emergency Units degenerations, and closings of 60 California hospitals. Expensive
Anchor Babies contribute to a MediCal explosion and SSI and DI implosion. For many Illegal
Aliens, America is land of the victim and home of the entitled.
To restore California's hospitals and end its medical cataclysm, we need tough. medicine. First is
to revise California’s misinterpretation of the 14th Amendment. All babies become citizens if
born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof. An Illegal Alien is
- subject to the jurisdiction of his home country. Therefore, that Illegal Alien's baby is subject to
that home jurisdiction, and should not become an American citizen. When the 14th Amendment
was ratified, American Indians were excluded from American citizenship because of their tribal
jurisdiction. Also not subject to American jurisdiction were foreigners, ambassadors, aliens, and
their babies born here. To overcome the overwhelming modern power and cost of Anchor
Babies, America must reestablish that original limit on citizenship. Once America stops offering
American-born infants instant citizenship and its rights of welfare benefits - as Canada has done
- we will remove one major incentive for indigent Mexicans and others to break America's basic
immigration law. Proud American legal immigrants will applaud that restoration of order,
reason, and law.

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:...nk&cd=19&gl=us

Old 11-29-2008, 10:05 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,285,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Long articles but definitely worth the read. Additionally, here is a link that confirms the massive number of anchor baby births in California. You can look up the massive anchor baby birth rates and gang data in: Illinois, Florida, Arizona and Texas on your own.

Great reputable sources...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration