U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 09:17 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,278,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
They flee because tough laws and enforcement dont work right? Now imagine if done on a national scale...
It would destroy our economy. We'd be in big trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 09:39 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,238,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Uhh. I know MANY people who CANT find jobs cause many employers wont pay legal wages and wanna hire illegal aliens cause they cant protest being treated like dogs.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:03 AM

2,798 posts, read 5,363,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Oh ***t, we don't need anymore here.
Which is why we are seriously Alabama bound. If we had themoney in the bank we'd be leaving by next week. I can actually do sheetrock and concrete work. I can also build wall and door frames. My daddy taught me well

Old 06-30-2011, 07:31 AM

34 posts, read 36,304 times
Quote:
You're absolutely right! Its a pity, they start to shut their mouths when they see businesses closing down and moving their operations elsewhere. The employer is more likely to do with capital or shut down his operation than employ people asking for higher wages. If you want a higher wage offer something unique that others can't offer - be competitive! The economic consequences are going to outweigh the costs greatly; its worrying that some people don't get the bigger picture!

Old 06-30-2011, 07:59 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,238,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.1989 View Post
You're absolutely right! Its a pity, they start to shut their mouths when they see businesses closing down and moving their operations elsewhere. The employer is more likely to do with capital or shut down his operation than employ people asking for higher wages. If you want a higher wage offer something unique that others can't offer - be competitive! The economic consequences are going to outweigh the costs greatly; its worrying that some people don't get the bigger picture!
I aint worried bout finding help. I know lots of Americans who cant find jobs and would be glad to take one from an illegal.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:03 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,100,483 times
Quote:
We probably would be out of a recession.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:09 AM

17,279 posts, read 24,969,411 times
I seriously doubt legal Hispanics are fleeing anywhere.

Why is the media using the term "Hispanic" to refer to "Illegal Immigrants"?

Old 06-30-2011, 09:45 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,242,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

Guess the media is being the very thing that it accuses anti-illegals of being.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:53 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

It is because they want to portray the enforcement of our immigration laws as picking on one ethnic group. They also want to take the focus off it being an illegal alien issue and not a Hispanic issue per se. It isn't our fault that most illegals in this country are Hispanic and Hispanic citzens or legal immigrants would have no reason to "flee". Its like a little mind game they like to play and it is blatantly dishonest.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:44 PM

18,563 posts, read 15,777,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
They're coming back to California.
Probably not, no jobs there thanks to Liberals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or