U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2011, 11:15 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,005,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Sorry, but the cat is out of the bag. You have exposed your true agenda, and hence, have lost all credibility. You can no longer feign compassion for the poor, misunderstood illegals. Your dad is an illegal alien profiteer, and that alone is the impetus for your “support” of illegal aliens.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I not an incompetent businesswoman, or a laborer threatened by illegal aliens. I am a very well-established professional who simply cares about this country. Have a good day.
Since your reading ability hasn't served you, allow me to elaborate - my dad doesn't hire illegal immigrants, sport.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:16 AM

89 posts, read 39,339 times
Quote:
You have proven our point. Those who vehemently advocate on behalf of illegal aliens either profit from them, have illegal family or friends, or are themselves illegal. In other words, they have a vested interest in illegal immigration, and don’t give a damn about this country or the deleterious impact of massive, unabated illegal immigration. You don’t care about illegal aliens either. All of your benevolence, and talk about morality was nothing but a load of crap. Your daddy can’t make the money he wants, so we must change our “immoral” immigration laws. It’s pure greed.

Sorry, but if your dad and others cannot afford to pay decent wages, and the required taxes and insurance, they should not be in business. As for the honest contractors, why should they be forced to compete against those who hire ‘slave’ labor? And, yes, many have gone bankrupt for refusing to break the law by employing cheap, illegal labor. Some people still have integrity.
What if I, while visiting Mexico, ran into some guys who seemed like they were hardworking and able to work for my business well. They love America, and would want to eventually become citizens, eat hamburgers, and learn English. They aren't criminals, and they're healthy. I want to hire them. I want to comply with all minimum wage, workplace safety, insurance, and tax laws, and these Mexican guys want to as well.

Is hiring these guys immoral?

Old 07-06-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEHMarten View Post
What if I, while visiting Mexico, ran into some guys who seemed like they were hardworking and able to work for my business well. They love America, and would want to eventually become citizens, eat hamburgers, and learn English. They aren't criminals, and they're healthy. I want to hire them. I want to comply with all minimum wage, workplace safety, insurance, and tax laws, and these Mexican guys want to as well.

Irrelevant, you clearly want to hire these men solely because it would be profitable. Which is disgusting and I am appalled.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:24 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Since your reading ability hasn't served you, allow me to elaborate - my dad doesn't hire illegal immigrants, sport.
I am not your sport, and by your own admission, your dad profits from cheap labor from Mexico. End of discussion.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:

No, not unless you have refused to hire qualified U.S. citizens, or employ the Mexicans illegally to exploit them for cheap labor.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:28 AM

89 posts, read 39,339 times
Quote:
I am not your sport, and by your own admission, your dad profits from cheap labor from Mexico. End of discussion.
But he said that labor was legal. Isn't that OK?

Old 07-06-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Where did I make that admission? I mean, it'd be pretty weird if I did, since it's untrue, but it was clearly (ahem) a proposition that if they were legal he WOULD be able to benefit (just like all employers) from the cheaper labor. There would be no competitive advantage, since all employers would have equal and legal access, champ.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
But he said that labor was legal. Isn't that OK?
He has “said” quite a bit. However, if his dad recruits his “cheap” workforce from Mexico, and they are unable to legally enter this country, chances are, he employs illegals. Greed has no bounds.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
He has “said” quite a bit. However, if his dad recruits his “cheap” workforce from Mexico, and they are unable to legally enter this country, chances are, he employs illegals. Greed has no bounds.
Still not paying attention, apparently. Any and all contractors would benefit from more affordable labor if there was more labor competition. Even if they don't hire illegals omg economics.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Where did I make that admission? I mean, it'd be pretty weird if I did, since it's untrue, but it was clearly (ahem) a proposition that if they were legal he WOULD be able to benefit (just like all employers) from the cheaper labor. There would be no competitive advantage, since all employers would have equal and legal access, champ.
Here. . .

Quote:
Hypothetical lol, that is literally happening right now to huge numbers of people and employers. You want me to go find one? Cool. My Dad runs a construction company. Cheap labor from Mexico is harder to come by than it would be with looser immigration laws.

Please explain how the government preventing that transaction is either beneficial or moral.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration