U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 01:42 PM

1,574 posts, read 790,233 times

Advertisements

Wow, it's amazing that "profit" is such a dirty word around here. Who knew that REAL Americans are so opposed to it?!

Old 07-06-2011, 01:43 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,006,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
But, illegal aliens are not legal. If legalized, we would then have even more people legally vying for scant jobs. Mind you, the average illegal alien from Mexico is uneducated and unskilled. Therefore, many, if not most, would qualify for government assistance, and their tax contribution would be negligible. Please explain how that will benefit this country.
You're asking me to explain my entire stance on immigration currently, just to be clear. Since that's a little cumbersome, allow the Cato Institute to help us out:

Restriction or Legalization? Measuring the Economic Benefits of Immigration Reform | Peter B. Dixon and Maureen T. Rimmer | Cato Institute: Trade Policy Analysis

Old 07-06-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Wow, it's amazing that "profit" is such a dirty word around here. Who knew that REAL Americans are so opposed to it?!
Anyone who wants companies to be able to hire currently illegal immigrants for economic gain = GREEDY ANTI-AMERICAN PIGS

Anyone who wants illegal immigrants out for economic gain = FLAG WAVING PATRIOT

Old 07-06-2011, 01:48 PM

89 posts, read 39,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Yeah, I mean, all this insistence on people here wanting to tell companies to pay everyone the same wage and tell companies who to hire, a belief that companies will all charge the same prices to consumers regardless of costs incurred by the company, and the desire for a border more secure than the Berlin Wall, it sure sounds like a lot of people here want to turn America into the USSR.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:54 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,824,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
You're asking me to explain my entire stance on immigration currently, just to be clear. Since that's a little cumbersome, allow the Cato Institute to help us out:

Restriction or Legalization? Measuring the Economic Benefits of Immigration Reform | Peter B. Dixon and Maureen T. Rimmer | Cato Institute: Trade Policy Analysis
I donít need you to explain your stance on illegal immigration. You already unveiled your agenda. Or, have you forgotten?

Thanks for the link, but I have read more than enough biases studies.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
I donít need you to explain your stance on illegal immigration. You already unveiled your agenda. Or, have you forgotten?
Oh, you mean where you read a sentence of mine that said nothing of the sort to indicate that my Dad's company hires illegals. NEVER FORGET.

Quote:
Thanks for the link, but I have read more than enough biases studies.
Can't argue with that.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:58 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,824,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEHMarten View Post
Yeah, I mean, all this insistence on people here wanting to tell companies to pay everyone the same wage and tell companies who to hire, a belief that companies will all charge the same prices to consumers regardless of costs incurred by the company, and the desire for a border more secure than the Berlin Wall, it sure sounds like a lot of people here want to turn America into the USSR.
How much more generous can we possibly be? We already welcome more LEGAL immigrants than ALL other countries combined. In addition, we have more ILLEGAL aliens than ALL other countries combined. We cannot allow the entire world to relocate to the US. This is so tiresome.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:06 PM

89 posts, read 39,428 times
Quote:
How much more generous can we possibly be? We already welcome more LEGAL immigrants than ALL other countries combined. In addition, we have more ILLEGAL aliens than ALL other countries combined. We cannot allow the entire world to relocate to the US. This is so tiresome.
The whole world doesn't want to come here.

And no, we're not asking for your generosity. Immigration helps the economy and improves the livelihood of the vast majority of people in the country. If there truly aren't jobs for immigrants, then immigrants leave or stay home. As we saw in the original post in this thread, immigrants want to come here and work to make a good life for themselves and their children. They are making America a better place.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:39 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,158,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEHMarten View Post
The whole world doesn't want to come here.

And no, we're not asking for your generosity. Immigration helps the economy and improves the livelihood of the vast majority of people in the country. If there truly aren't jobs for immigrants, then immigrants leave or stay home. As we saw in the original post in this thread, immigrants want to come here and work to make a good life for themselves and their children. They are making America a better place.
I refuse to read any more of this anti-American hogwash and pro-illegal propaganda. Welcome to my ignore list.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:42 PM

lol, chicagonut has posted in a thread she has not commented in for a couple of pages just to indicate that you will not be hearing from her. A+ trolling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration