U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 04:16 PM

89 posts, read 39,435 times

Advertisements

I guess we can turn this "quote me" game around. Where did Rock say his dad hired illegal immigrants?

Old 07-07-2011, 04:19 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,826,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEHMarten View Post
But you also clearly railed against US businesses with a preference for cheaper, legal labor.
Yes, I did. However, at no time did I even remotely imply that U.S. citizens are entitled to anything other than the prevailing wage. I oppose massive outsourcing and in-sourcing for cheap labor, because it displaces U.S. workers. I would expect any U.S. citizen to object to this. After all, it is destroying our middle class, and is a major factor in our current high unemployment rate.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
I guess we can turn this "quote me" game around. Where did Rock say his dad hired illegal immigrants?
We discussed this yesterday. I have no intention of rehashing.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, I did. However, at no time did I even remotely imply that U.S. citizens are entitled to anything other than the prevailing wage. I oppose massive outsourcing and in-sourcing for cheap labor, because it displaces U.S. workers. I would expect any U.S. citizen to object to this. After all, it is destroying our middle class, and is a major factor in our current high unemployment rate.
So, you think that US citizens are entitled to the prevailing wage of US citizens, and anything lower than that is unfair to the citizens, and if anyone comes along who's willing to do legal work for less than that former wage, they should be stopped from that?

Old 07-07-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
We discussed this yesterday. I have no intention of rehashing.
The only reason you don't want to rehash is because you're lying. Lying in writing when all the evidence of your lies is written here for all to see.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
So, you think that US citizens are entitled to the prevailing wage of US citizens, and anything lower than that is unfair to the citizens, and if anyone comes along who's willing to do legal work for less than that former wage, they should be stopped from that?
In case you donít know, we have labor laws in this country which dictate minimum wage and the prevailing wage for contractors. Anything less is a violation of DOL laws. Are you suggesting employers should be allowed to violate our laws to make a profit? Never mind, I already know the answer. After all, you condone the employment of illegal aliens.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
The only reason you don't want to rehash is because you're lying. Lying in writing when all the evidence of your lies is written here for all to see.
If your little attack is intended to get a rise out of me, you are so barking up the wrong tree. But, let this be the LAST time you call me a liar.

If his dad does not employ illegal aliens from Mexico, he would not be so desperate to have our laws changed to accommodate his greed. Again, he can easily hire U.S. citizens and legal immigrants here for the wages he wants to pay, especially during a period of such high unemployment. However, he can NOT pay below minimum wage or the prevailing wage and conduct business within the law. He wants illegal aliens because he can pay them less than the law requires, period. This isn’t brain surgery.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:40 PM

32,823 posts, read 30,101,014 times
Quote:
In case you donít know, we have labor laws in this country which dictate minimum wage and the prevailing wage for contractors. Anything less is a violation of DOL laws. Are you suggesting employers should be allowed to violate our laws to make a profit? Never mind, I already know the answer. After all, you condone the employment of illegal aliens.
You beat me to it. Min wage laws.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:47 PM

1,574 posts, read 790,399 times
Quote:
Wait there are price-fixing laws for contractors?

And you think that's a good thing?

Old 07-07-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Wait there are price-fixing laws for contractors?

And you think that's a good thing?
Who mentioned anything about price-fixing? I said the prevailing WAGE for contractors. And yes, I think a minimum wage and prevailing wage requirement is a very good thing. If employers could pay $.25/hr they would. Do you think they should have the right to pay as little as they choose?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration