U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 05:05 PM

951 posts, read 616,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
In case you donít know, we have labor laws in this country which dictate minimum wage and the prevailing wage for contractors. Anything less is a violation of DOL laws. Are you suggesting employers should be allowed to violate our laws to make a profit? Never mind, I already know the answer. After all, you condone the employment of illegal aliens.

Can you point to the labor laws that dictate the prevailing wage for contractors?

Old 07-07-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
If your little attack is intended to get a rise out of me, you are so barking up the wrong tree. But, let this be the LAST time you call me a liar.

If his dad does not employ illegal aliens from Mexico, he would not be so desperate to have our laws changed to accommodate his greed. Again, he can easily hire U.S. citizens and legal immigrants here for the wages he wants to pay, especially during a period of such high unemployment. However, he can NOT pay below minimum wage or the prevailing wage and conduct business within the law. He wants illegal aliens because he can pay them less than the law requires, period. This isn’t brain surgery.

You are lying. Your whole paragraph is just more of your assumptions that he does hire illegals without proof despite him saying specifically that his dad doesn't hire illegals. You need to quote him saying he hires illegals. Wanting cheaper legal labor from Mexico isn't evidence of hiring illegals though it's hilarious you are trying to equate the two.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:20 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Can you point to the labor laws that dictate the prevailing wage for contractors?
Do you not understand the meaning of a prevailing wage? It means contractors must pay wages comparable to those in their industry for similar jobs. Unlike a minimum wage requirement, there is no set dollar amount. If you want to read the labor laws, I suggest you Google DOL.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
You are lying. Your whole paragraph is just more of your assumptions that he does hire illegals without proof despite him saying specifically that his dad doesn't hire illegals. You need to quote him saying he hires illegals. Wanting cheaper legal labor from Mexico isn't evidence of hiring illegals though it's hilarious you are trying to equate the two.
Oh, please. Cheap labor from Mexico is as much a euphemism as undocumented and migrant. If he only wants to pay ďcheapĒ wages, there are more than enough willing and able U.S. citizens and legal immigrants, including hardworking Mexicans. He doesnít want to pay cheaper wages. He wants to violate the law by paying below minimum wage. Consider this my FINAL response on this issue.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:34 PM

148 posts, read 66,638 times
Quote:
Oh, please. Cheap labor from Mexico is as much a euphemism as undocumented and migrant. If he only wants to pay “cheap” wages, there are more than enough willing and able U.S. citizens and legal immigrants, including hardworking Mexicans. He doesn’t want to pay cheaper wages. He wants to violate the law by paying below minimum wage. Consider this my FINAL response on this issue.
Yea maybe he wants to change the laws to make those illegal aliens legal immigrants and change the labor laws legally in order to have cheaper labor from Mexico. That's how I took it.

Old 07-07-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Oh, please. Cheap labor from Mexico is as much a euphemism as undocumented and migrant. If he only wants to pay “cheap” wages, there are more than enough willing and able U.S. citizens and legal immigrants, including hardworking Mexicans. He doesn’t want to pay cheaper wages. He wants to violate the law by paying below minimum wage. Consider this my FINAL response on this issue.
Cheap labor from Mexico may be a euphemism for illegals to you folks but he specifically said legal labor. I see you are making more stuff up as you go. Please quote where he states that he wants to pay below minimum wage and violate the law.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:27 PM

403 posts, read 280,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
As the nitpicking, backtracking and reading comprehension fails continue, I'd like to remind everyone to stay respectful, even if you don't really want to debate but only rant.
Yac.
Yac, do you mind clarifying who/ what posts you are referring to? I want to make some posts but I really don't want to get the ban hammer.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:31 PM

403 posts, read 280,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
Yac, do you mind clarifying who/ what posts you are referring to? I want to make some posts but I really don't want to get the ban hammer.
In my opinion, Benicar is being intentionally obtuse, and if it's her you are referring to I won't engage her. I mean, there's no way anyone can possibly respond in the way she has unless they are either: A) being intentionally obtuse or B) have some sort of severe reading disability/ mental disorder.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
In my opinion, Benicar is being intentionally obtuse, and if it's her you are referring to I won't engage her. I mean, there's no way anyone can possibly respond in the way she has unless they are either: A) being intentionally obtuse or B) have some sort of severe reading disability/ mental disorder.
Why donít you play it safe, and simply put me on ignore. I will do likewise. And, I wonít even report your personal attack.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:53 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Why don’t you play it safe, and simply put me on ignore. I will do likewise. And, I won’t even report your personal attack.
This person has been on my ignore list for some time now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration