U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 10:03 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,016,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
Cyanna that is rare real rare. The other 90% end up being dumpy ghettos. Well towns and areas where are illegals that is.
Yeah, the topic had to go South at some point...

Good while it lasted, I even had some fun too...

It's the illegal aliens that make communities look bad?...

Wonder where the thread will go from here...

Old 07-02-2011, 12:11 AM

2,176 posts, read 866,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Yeah, the topic had to go South at some point...

Good while it lasted, I even had some fun too...

It's the illegal aliens that make communities look bad?...

Wonder where the thread will go from here...
Can't handle the truth?

Old 07-02-2011, 02:44 AM

951 posts, read 617,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
Can't handle the truth?
You mad?

Congrats Cyanna. Don't feed into the hype. Most illegals fit the stereotype of what you witnessed today. Every study done by reputable sources show that immigrants (both legal and illegal) are less likely to end up in jail than actual citizens. The rhetoric and hand waving away of facts on this site would have people believe otherwise but please realize that this site is not representative of normal people. Practically every person from our site that came here spreading actual truth about immigration has been banned. That's like 30 bans in a matter of 2 days. Come over to 2+2 if you want to chat more. People there that post false or misleading info are banned for doing so.

later

h(m)uddledmasses

Old 07-02-2011, 08:31 AM

19 posts, read 12,887 times
great story, and excellent picture. cute houses like that make me want to schedule my next visit to california.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:04 PM

1,150 posts, read 991,927 times
I suppose illegal aliens are like any other group----some contribute, and some consume, some are industrious, and some are indigent, some appreciate what they've gotten from this country, and some are contemptuous.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:56 PM

34 posts, read 36,325 times
Exactly! You can't begin to imagine how many legal citizens milk the system, how many rich evade tax etc probably even more than illegals. What Cyanna posted is representative of what the majority of these immigrant families really do when they leave their homeland because they have no other choice. Europe shares the same burden as the US those especially in light of the Libyan crisis - I'm sure you heard of the influx of migrants to Lampedusa and other parts of Southern Europe. Then you have also a substantial number of illegals in the UK and France and Germany. Although they do work at half the wages they just present the best work ethics - extremely hard working, always punctual on their jobs, very respectful to their employers, polite to society in general etc they literally try to build a better life for their families. Unfortunately you have those few that are not as respectful and commit crimes which would be subject to deportation. But to generalize about the whole population is extremely wrong and upsetting.

Old 07-02-2011, 06:21 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,160,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
I suppose illegal aliens are like any other group----some contribute, and some consume, some are industrious, and some are indigent, some appreciate what they've gotten from this country, and some are contemptuous.
And just like any other neighborhoods of poor people whether they be black, white or hispanic most of them are shabby looking. It is rare to find one that isn't regardless of the ethnic makeup of the neighborhood. However, when any neighborhood consists mostly of immigration law breakers my focus will be on that rather than what the neighborhood looks like. There are American lawbreakers that live in decent neighborhoods also but so what? Many lawbreakers can be otherwise "nice" people but let's stay focused on the law as that is what this issue is really about.

Last edited by chicagonut; 07-02-2011 at 06:57 PM..

Old 07-02-2011, 06:44 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,239,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.1989 View Post
Exactly! You can't begin to imagine how many legal citizens milk the system, how many rich evade tax etc probably even more than illegals. What Cyanna posted is representative of what the majority of these immigrant families really do when they leave their homeland because they have no other choice. Europe shares the same burden as the US those especially in light of the Libyan crisis - I'm sure you heard of the influx of migrants to Lampedusa and other parts of Southern Europe. Then you have also a substantial number of illegals in the UK and France and Germany. Although they do work at half the wages they just present the best work ethics - extremely hard working, always punctual on their jobs, very respectful to their employers, polite to society in general etc they literally try to build a better life for their families. Unfortunately you have those few that are not as respectful and commit crimes which would be subject to deportation. But to generalize about the whole population is extremely wrong and upsetting.
No other choice? Haiti NOT Mexico. Haiti IS bad. Mexico aint.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:25 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,239,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltronFlyer View Post
Must be a shame to need the law to inform your morality. I mean, lets say tomorrow a brand new, unrestricted immigration policy were voted into law; you would be totally cool with that right?
The illegals aint winning. MY morals be there will be NO illegal aliens gettin amnesty.

Ill fight to STOP open immigration law from passing.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:50 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,016,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
...However, when any neighborhood consists mostly of immigration law breakers my focus will be on that rather than what the neighborhood looks like...
Above 50%? Or how low does it have to go for "focus" on that neighborhood? What needs to be done in that instance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration