U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 10:08 PM

4,380 posts, read 2,810,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
This isn't the country I grew up in anymore. It used to be a place where hardworking Americans could make an honest living, support their families, and feel safe walking the streets. It used to be a place that rewarded decency and fairness. But now, thanks to the millions of illegal immigrants crossing our borders every year, all that's changed—and I for one have had enough. So listen up, Mexicans: Stop cooking all that mouthwatering food that I cannot stop consuming and go home!
Stop Making Delicious Food I Can't Stop Eating And Go Back To Mexico | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 11:09 PM

15,924 posts, read 16,853,526 times
I guess I can make do with Nathans Coney Island hotdogs instead of tacos

Old 07-03-2011, 06:46 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I guess I can make do with Nathans Coney Island hotdogs instead of tacos
No need for that. There are enough Hispanic citizens here who own restaurants that can provide Mexican food. One can learn to cook it at home also. It mostly consists of torillas, beans, meat and rice anyway. How hard can that be to learn how to cook it? I make great enchiladas for a white woman. No need to import millions of illegals from south of our border for "the food".

Old 07-03-2011, 07:49 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No need for that. There are enough Hispanic citizens here who own restaurants that can provide Mexican food. One can learn to cook it at home also. It mostly consists of torillas, beans, meat and rice anyway. How hard can that be to learn how to cook it? I make great enchiladas for a white woman. No need to import millions of illegals from south of our border for "the food".
Yes, the American hispanics already tended to make all that food here. It doesn't justify bringing all of Mexico and Central America into the USA anymore than liking Chinese food means we have to bring everyone born in China to the USA or exempt them from the laws that apply to others.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:13 AM

1,574 posts, read 789,250 times
Quote:
One can learn to cook it at home also. It mostly consists of torillas, beans, meat and rice anyway. How hard can that be to learn how to cook it?
Well you could use this argument for anything. You can mow your own grass so if I prevent you from doing business with someone who offers to mow yards then it's no big deal. You can wash your own dishes so if I prevent you from hiring someone to wash your dishes then it's no big deal. You can fix your own toilet so if I prevent you from doing business with a plumber it's no big deal.

Quote:
I make great enchiladas for a white woman. No need to import millions of illegals from south of our border for "the food".
You're celebrating that foreign culture?

Old 07-03-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Well you could use this argument for anything. You can mow your own grass so if I prevent you from doing business with someone who offers to mow yards then it's no big deal. You can wash your own dishes so if I prevent you from hiring someone to wash your dishes then it's no big deal. You can fix your own toilet so if I prevent you from doing business with a plumber it's no big deal.

You're celebrating that foreign culture?
Why would I have a problem with "minority" cultures in this country just as long as the members of that group are here legally?

Old 07-03-2011, 03:31 PM

15,924 posts, read 16,853,526 times
Quote:
I should have added /sarcasm at the end of my post...

I can do without mexican food.....

Old 07-03-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
I should have added /sarcasm at the end of my post...

I can do without mexican food.....
Oh, I knew you were being sarcastic. I just wanted to add my two cents worth to it.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:26 PM

23,599 posts, read 31,152,740 times
Quote:
Exactly. Dallas has a chain of Mexican restaurants (El Fenix) that has operated for close to 100 years, and tons of other mom and pop places owned by people who were *gasp* born here.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Exactly. Dallas has a chain of Mexican restaurants (El Fenix) that has operated for close to 100 years, and tons of other mom and pop places owned by people who were *gasp* born here.
It's all a part of the desperate tactics that the pro-illegal use to justify their presence here starting with "but they are doing jobs Americans won't do" down to this latest desperate one of "but how will we get Mexican food"? If it weren't so pathetic one could also laugh at this nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or