U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 11:48 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,917,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Sure. But if they are basing those decisions on being European/Hispanic, rich/poor, than we're hardly treating everyone as equal. As it stands right now, there is no way for an unskilled worker to come here.
Who said more important, I quoted MLK not some KKK member. I'm pretty sure he advocates treating everyone as equals.

No you made broad statements about why you think they are evil. The things you listed obviously don't apply to every illegal.

Also, just because it's against the law atm for them to come here doesn't mean they don't have a right to travel/work where they can find work. Equality remember? Or wait, now it's you thinking you are more important than them. I see.
The decisions are based on this nations needs. Not race, nor gender nor religion. Go to a few naturalization ceremonies. The majority are not white.

words in my mouth again??????????? Show me a post where I said all evil........
Every illegal is a criminal. Every illegal has ignored our rights as a Nation to determine who may enter. This is a simple fact.
And yes because it is illegal for them to come here means they dont have the right to enter without permission. Just as you dont have the right to enter my home without permission. The UN and the world accepts a nations right to determine their own immigration laws.
Equality. All men are created equal. No argument. But not all have an equal right to anothers property, not all people of the earth have an equal right to live in any given nation. The nations all have an equal right to decide what is best for the individual nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 11:52 AM

951 posts, read 617,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The decisions are based on this nations needs. Not race, nor gender nor religion. Go to a few naturalization ceremonies. The majority are not white.

words in my mouth again??????????? Show me a post where I said all evil........
Every illegal is a criminal. Every illegal has ignored our rights as a Nation to determine who may enter. This is a simple fact.
And yes because it is illegal for them to come here means they dont have the right to enter without permission. Just as you dont have the right to enter my home without permission. The UN and the world accepts a nations right to determine their own immigration laws.
Equality. All men are created equal. No argument. But not all have an equal right to anothers property, not all people of the earth have an equal right to live in any given nation. The nations all have an equal right to decide what is best for the individual nation.
Every person who speeds is a criminal. Every speeder has ignored our rights as a Nation to determine the speed of travel. This is a simple fact.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:53 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,840,989 times
Quote:
In bold.
All men are created equal. But not all have an equal right to my property. Not all have an equal right to live in this country, and certainly none have the right to pick and chose which laws they are willing to obey. None have the right to use my ID. None have the right to not pay the taxes imposed on everyone else and certainly none have the right to escape accountability when caught.
And that applies only to "We the People" of the USA, not to foreigners from other countries.

And immigration from so-called "white" nations is way way down.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Every person who speeds is a criminal. Every speeder has ignored our rights as a Nation to determine the speed of travel. This is a simple fact.
And unlike you I dont deny this nor do I feel the laws should be ignored.
The difference is speeding doesnt require the individual to violate more crimes.
Nore does anyone advocate an amnesty for speeders.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
And unlike you I dont deny this nor do I feel the laws should be ignored.
The difference is speeding doesnt require the individual to violate more crimes.
Nore does anyone advocate an amnesty for speeders.
Nor I - and I don't cry racism when I'm penalized appropriately or even when I believe the ticket is too much.

No one is insisting that their ethnic group should be exempt from the traffic laws. That is one very very large difference in these crimes.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:11 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,007,032 times
I cannot allow the crime/civil offense distinction to go unheeded any longer. Not all illegal immigrants are criminals.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
I cannot allow the crime/civil offense distinction to go unheeded any longer. Not all illegal immigrants are criminals.
How are they not? illegal entry into this nation? Illegal would indicate that a crime has been committed.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:14 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,007,032 times
Quote:
How are they not? illegal entry into this nation? Illegal would indicate that a crime has been committed.
Illegal entry is usually a crime, but, for example, overstaying your visa is not.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Illegal entry is usually a crime, but, for example, overstaying your visa is not.
Fair enough.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:30 PM

Overstaying a visa is also a deportable crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or