U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 07:02 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgob View Post
1. I don't need you to make up excuses as to why Americans won't take the jobs. The point is they won't and migrant workers will.

2. Vistas are obviously hard to get if it is still more of an incentive to come here illegally. Vistas are too much trouble.
And we don't need the pro-illegals making excuses for both the farmers and the illegals for breaking our immigration laws. The visas are available and the point is that they need to use them rather than resorting to breaking the law. Incentive to break the law or not they are not children but adults and know what our laws are. Only a small percentage of illegals are picking crops. What is your excuse for those who are doing other jobs that Americans do desire?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 07:46 AM

199 posts, read 128,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
And we don't need the pro-illegals making excuses for both the farmers and the illegals for breaking our immigration laws. The visas are available and the point is that they need to use them rather than resorting to breaking the law. Incentive to break the law or not they are not children but adults and know what our laws are. Only a small percentage of illegals are picking crops. What is your excuse for those who are doing other jobs that Americans do desire?
Then you aren't solving the problem. If you know they are aware of the visas and still would rather risk so much to come here illegally to work then option isn't viable. You can keep saying they are "adults" all day but visas are obviously out of reach or not a option and needs to be easier to obtain if they would rather put themselves in danger. You still haven't answers my original question of why Americans are filling the holes in Georgias or Alabama's farming and this discussion is not about supposed other job illegals do ( as if we know they are illegal by looking).

Old 07-05-2011, 07:57 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgob View Post
Then you aren't solving the problem. If you know they are aware of the visas and still would rather risk so much to come here illegally to work then option isn't viable. You can keep saying they are "adults" all day but visas are obviously out of reach or not a option and needs to be easier to obtain if they would rather put themselves in danger. You still haven't answers my original question of why Americans are filling the holes in Georgias or Alabama's farming and this discussion is not about supposed other job illegals do ( as if we know they are illegal by looking).
It isn't up to me to solve immigration problems. It is up to me as a law abiding citizen to expect that our immigration laws to be enforced. The visas are viable it is just that certain greedy farmers would rather hire illegal aliens instead for more profit.

Most Americans can't or won't pick crops for a living. Americans value education and a middle class standard of liviing which can't be gained by picking crops. Picking crops is not a life long career due to the physical body that will wear out, low pay and doesn't require any intelligence. Does that answer your question?

Now answer mine. What are illegals doing on those jobs that Americans WILL do and always have done for a fair wage such as construction?

Old 07-05-2011, 07:59 AM

8,088 posts, read 7,313,744 times
It it was work or starve as in the Third World then everyone would work.

Why do a dirty job if I can obtain free housing, food, expense money, healthcare?

Old 07-05-2011, 08:18 AM

199 posts, read 128,512 times
Quote:
It isn't up to me to solve immigration problems. It is up to me as a law abiding citizen to expect that our immigration laws to be enforced. The visas are viable it is just that certain greedy farmers would rather hire illegal aliens instead for more profit.
Then you why would you be debating them then if you could care less about comming up with a solution? Why bother unless you just like to argue or troll?

Quote:
Most Americans can't or won't pick crops for a living. Americans value education and a middle class standard of liviing which can't be gained by picking crops. Picking crops is not a life long career due to the physical body that will wear out, low pay and doesn't require any intelligence. Does that answer your question?
Then you agree that Americans aren't up for the task and visas are out of reach, otherwise they would just get them. We need it done though right? Why kick a machine that isn't broken? So we are back at square one.

Quote:
Now answer mine. What are illegals doing on those jobs that Americans WILL do and always have done for a fair wage such as construction?
Since there is no such thing as a "fair wage" they are working market wages that Americans think they are too good for obviously. I suggest you start a new thread if you want more answers.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:43 AM

951 posts, read 616,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
It it was work or starve as in the Third World then everyone would work.

Why do a dirty job if I can obtain free housing, food, expense money, healthcare?
I don't know. Quit your job, live the free life that is supposedly so awesome and then get back to us in a few months and let us know how great it really is.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:47 AM

I believe you must have some agenda from you answer or I do not know what you are thinking.

Nothing awesome in being on Govt' assistance or in working in manual labor.

No one quits a job to do either but no one would suffer to work in the fields(if that is all they are able to do) if a handout was available.

But then you would see mostly black U.S. nationals doing these type of labors and that would be picked upon by the media immediately.

Last edited by Felix C; 07-05-2011 at 09:06 AM..

Old 07-05-2011, 08:55 AM

So the only reason the illegals, well anyone, according to your statement, will take field jobs is because they can't get free
handouts? Yeah that makes no sense.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
So the only reason the illegals, well anyone, according to your statement, will take field jobs is because they can't get free
handouts? Yeah that makes no sense.

The OP question dealt with "What kind of work Americans won't do?"
U.S. nationals not illegals.

Illegals come here to work and send money home to family.-Primary reason
Start a life in the U.S and hope for amnesty ala 1986.-Secondary reason

Old 07-05-2011, 09:01 AM

So?

Chi-nut has been claiming Americans have been doing these jobs for 200 years without problems. Now you are saying Americans won't work in the fields unless they can't get handouts? I mean, I'm sure some are that lazy but to claim everyone would rather live meagerly off the gov't dole than work to actually provide and save for their family is kind of absurd. The problem is that most Americans think they are way over qualified to work in a field. Others have never worked a day of manual labor in their life and their idea of a job involves sitting in air conditioning and screwing around on their phone until the shift is over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or